Windows 10: Activation

Discus and support Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! I am having major issues activating my windows 10 since the new update. I got a pop up message for weeks saying that my licence would expire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChrissyCohen, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Activation

Hi!

I am having major issues activating my windows 10 since the new update. I got a pop up message for weeks saying that my licence would expire soon, but it won't let me use the product key (found though using the command prompt). After messing up for a while after it deactivated itself, it now says it can't connect to organisations activation server. Problem is, I had windows 10 Home (downloaded from windows 8.1), and not the enterprise edition! Something to do with downloading Office from my university maybe?

Some research has suggested that it could be an issue with the DNS servers, but I flushed them and it still wouldn't accept my original product key. I don't have another device that could help me activate it either!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Activation :)

:)

ChrissyCohen, Aug 13, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    activation problem

Hi,

I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 13, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Activation

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Activation

1. Activation - Similar Threads - Activation

2. Windows 10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation: Just recently acquired an older HP desktop running Win 7. Downloaded a free copy of Win 10, created a new Microsoft account. Installed Win 10, but it won't activate. How do I link this install to my Microsoft account, to get it activated?...
  3. activation

activation: hi, I want to know whether my win10 product key is authentic or not because when I setup my windows it didn't ask for a product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation/491288d9-6267-4c53-bc93-04b34e8cee63"
  4. Activation problem for Windows 10 Enterprise

Activation problem for Windows 10 Enterprise: I bought my computer used. I updated to Windows 10 a while back. I cannot activate my Windows 10 Enterprise. I keep getting error code 0xC004F074. Can someone please help me?...
  5. Cannot activate Windows 10, neither to change the key

Cannot activate Windows 10, neither to change the key: Hello, I have an an issue with my Windows 10 activation. My old PC was very old so i decided to build a new one, and so i did. Each time i try to activate Windows with troubleshoot, only my old PC shows up. By clicking on it i get the following error: "Unable to...
  6. Windows 10 activation

Windows 10 activation: How come when i put in the product key to activate Windows 10 it says "We cannot activate Windows on this device because the previous version of Windows was not activated before upgrading to Windows 10. Error code: 0x803F7001" I don't undrestand why?...
  7. Windows 10 no longer activated after buying new motherboard

Windows 10 no longer activated after buying new motherboard: Hi, I recently had some weird fps drops precisely every one minute in every game on my pc and so I began testing my pc components. I swapped my gpu, tested my ssd (containing windows) on my brothers laptop, installed windows on another ssd and swapped it with mine, swapped...
  8. Activation windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activation windows 10: I am getting problem in personalization of my computer for which I need to activate my windows 10.And I am getting error to activate it.How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-windows-10/425781c4-fa03-4162-b2e5-6db6a9c30c40
  9. Why would NVIDIA Optimus activate only for Laptops and disable for PCs

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why would NVIDIA Optimus activate only for Laptops and disable for PCs: For those who don't know Optimus is some sort of a technology NVIDIA developed in order for laptops to have the ability to switch between multiple GPUs integrated when needed . They often claim that this approach is to save power and is not needed for PCs really as those do...
  10. Activate windows enterprise

Activate windows enterprise: Hi My organisation used to have a home user program for Microsoft and i'd installed windows 10 enterprise under that arrangement. However now they're stopped the home use program and windows 10 is telling me to activate it. How do i do this? I don't see how to purchase a...