Windows 10: Active Defender icon in notification tray?

Discus and support Active Defender icon in notification tray? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There IS NO Tools menu anywhere. Does anyone know how to set Windows Defender to display its icon in the notification tray? Having a static shortcut... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Oldwisewiz, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Active Defender icon in notification tray?

There IS NO Tools menu anywhere. Does anyone know how to set Windows Defender to display its icon in the notification tray? Having a static shortcut icon in the taskbar accomplishes nothing.

:)

Oldwisewiz, Jan 26, 2020

2. Remove windows defender icon from the tray on win 10

Hi Vaso,

To help you remove Windows Defender icon from your computer's system tray, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click taskbar, and then choose Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off the Windows Defender notification icon.
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jan 26, 2020
  3. no1yak Win User
    Windows Defender Tray Icon

Having just updated Windows to version 1709 16299.19 the Icon for Defender is no longer there. Checked notifications and defender is not even listed.

In Task Manager start up there is just the word Windows and not defender ( see pic). So this new version of windows has messed up Defender in some way. Before the up date defender icon was in the system tray and now it's gone.
    Anyone else having this with the 1709 up date?

no1yak, Jan 26, 2020
  4. shimshom Win User

Active Defender icon in notification tray?

shimshom, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Active Defender icon in notification tray?

1. Active Defender icon in notification tray? - Similar Threads - Active Defender icon

2. System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move: After my New Laptop installed the latest update this morning KB5003637, my System Tray Icons will condense when you select a navigation item or the expanded list and then will disappear.Resizing the System Tray Icons will bring them back until you select something...
  3. Window defender notification system tray icon missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window defender notification system tray icon missing: My window defender system tray icon is missing and I can't find any option to turn it on in the startup menu or taskbar submitted by /u/qan_0801 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m39h22/window_defender_notification_system_tray_icon/
  4. shifting icons in notification tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    shifting icons in notification tray: I have seen this problem all over the internet with no resolution. The icons in the notification area of the taskbar are shifting to the right and left continuously. I have factory reset the computer and done a clean reboot. There are no additional programs installed. All...
  5. Windows Defender System Tray Icon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender System Tray Icon: Currently, I have the Windows Defender System Tray icon with an exclamation point on it --- When I open the program to see what actions are needed, there are none to be acted upon --- So I should get the green checkmark when I restart, but still, the exclamation point is...
  6. Windows Defender on the Icon Tray

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender on the Icon Tray: I know this may be a silly question, but my Windows Defender Icon in my system tray alerted me of a possible "Action Needed" warning... When I open it up, there are NO actions needed on any of the parameters specified ... In other words, instead of a Green OK symbol on the...
  7. Windows Defender Tray Icon

Windows Defender Tray Icon: Having just updated Windows to version 1709 16299.19 the Icon for Defender is no longer there. Checked notifications and defender is not even listed. In Task Manager start up there is just the word Windows and not defender ( see pic). So this new version of windows has...
  8. Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice

Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice: Hi I have Windows 10 v1709 Enterprise 64 bit and I noticed that if, after logging in, I display the Start tab in Task Management, the Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice. Why? Thanks Bye 100059
  9. Defender tray notification icon deleted

Defender tray notification icon deleted: Hi, everyone *Biggrin Sorry to bother for small things, by mistake in CCleaner I deleted the startup entry of Defender notification icon. I remember I have seen a reg file here, in this forum but can't find it. *Banghead Could you be nice to help me finding it? I don't...
  10. Tray notification icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray notification icons not showing: Dell XPS-13 Windows 10 Creators Update The icons I choose to "show" in the tray become hidden at the next bootup or restart. Tray icon settings do not "take". Wiped out next time. The problems with this awful update to Windows 10 are never-ending. Please help. 85913