Windows 10: Active Directory computer deletion

Discus and support Active Directory computer deletion in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone happen to know what the official Microsoft documentation states about what happens when a Win10 laptop is disjoined from a 2016 functional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Drummer Boy, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Active Directory computer deletion

Does anyone happen to know what the official Microsoft documentation states about what happens when a Win10 laptop is disjoined from a 2016 functional level directory? There is conflicting information from various sources about whether or not the computer object gets disabled and/or deleted from its OU. I've worked for 2 different companies with differing results, one that deleted the object and one that does nothing with the object.

:)

Drummer Boy, Feb 4, 2022
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Feb 4, 2022
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Feb 4, 2022
  4. Active Directory computer deletion

Active Directory Computers list

Hello,

I am trying to add an organizational unit to the active directory I created on my windows server 2016. However, I realize that there is no computer in the active directory computer list on my DNS domain
    (Server Manager > Tools > AD Users and Computer > domain > Computers). I did set up ADDS, DNS and DHCP through server manager. Changed the Network settings, changed the system name. Every possible thing has been tried, but I fail to understand why there is
    no computer in the active directory computer list on my DNS domain. The Domain name and the full computer name (Name.DomainName.com) does show up in the system properties. Please help me out.

HarshaDubba, Feb 4, 2022
Thema:

Active Directory computer deletion

1. Active Directory computer deletion - Similar Threads - Active Directory computer

2. Active directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active directory: We have a little bit problematic here. We are seeing names in our active directory. There are some computer names that we cant track so we need to configure and remove it in our directory. How can we remove it if we can see those names?...
  3. Active directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Active directory: We have a little bit problematic here. We are seeing names in our active directory. There are some computer names that we cant track so we need to configure and remove it in our directory. How can we remove it if we can see those names?...
  4. Active Directory Users and Computers not responding

in Windows 10 News
    Active Directory Users and Computers not responding: [ATTACH]If Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) is not responding or is slow to load on Windows Server or Windows 11/10 client machines, the solutions provided in this post can be applied to successfully resolve this issue on affected systems. When you try to start the...
  5. Active Directory computer deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Active Directory computer deletion: Does anyone happen to know what the official Microsoft documentation states about what happens when a Win10 laptop is disjoined from a 2016 functional level directory? There is conflicting information from various sources about whether or not the computer object gets disabled...
  6. Active Directory computer deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory computer deletion: Does anyone happen to know what the official Microsoft documentation states about what happens when a Win10 laptop is disjoined from a 2016 functional level directory? There is conflicting information from various sources about whether or not the computer object gets disabled...
  7. Active Directory Users and Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Users and Computers: Saludos a tod@s. Me gustaria saber si desde Visual Basic Excel puedo hace una consulta a Active Directory Users and Computers para obtener el valor de un campo determinado como podría ser el del nombre. Espero noticias, gracias de ante mano!!!! - Greetings to all. I...
  8. Deleting Directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting Directory: I am logged in as an Administrator and I cannot delete a directory- I don't have permission. I checked in to properties and it says Administrators have Full Access. It also shows Trusted Installers have Full access - who is that???? How do I uninstall a directory ? Thanks...
  9. active directory

active directory: hello anyone is there software that will allow win 10 pro to become a domain controller or something similar to active directory. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/active-directory/3eeeb3fe-2fbe-4a86-aa64-41f9948c631c
  10. Active Directory Users and Computers

Active Directory Users and Computers: I have my Windows 10 display language and input keyboard language set to Swedish. I work with Windows Directory Services alot and I want the display language of Active Directory to be different than my Windows Display Language. I want to set it to English. I have tried...