Windows 10: Active Directory: Configure Object-Level Auditing from ADUC

Discus and support Active Directory: Configure Object-Level Auditing from ADUC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All,I try to config object-level auditing from ADUC as per below article. however, after save, I checked the setting again. the settings does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Firdhaus, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Firdhaus Win User

Active Directory: Configure Object-Level Auditing from ADUC

Hi All,I try to config object-level auditing from ADUC as per below article. however, after save, I checked the setting again. the settings does not apply. Please advice on this.my credential only member in Domain admins and Schema Admins groups.article link: https://helpcenter.netwrix.com/bundle/Auditor_10.5/page/Content/Configure_IT_Infrastructure/AD/AD_Object_Level.htm

:)

Firdhaus, Aug 2, 2022
  2. DJ_Daluz Win User

Auditing Active Directory Changes

Hi,

I am currently working as a Systems Engineer currently working on active Directory.

Is there a way to audit changes made in Active Directory for example:

* Password resets

* OU Movement

Hope someone can help me on this.

Thanks.

DJ_Daluz, Aug 2, 2022
  3. PasswordNotRequired TRUE for new computers created via ADUC GUI

When a new computer object is created in Active Directory User and Computers (versions 10.0.14292.2608 and 10.0.19041.1 tested) the computer's PasswordNotRequired attribute is set to TRUE. However, when a new computer object is created via PowerShell v5.1
    using the ActiveDirectory module (from the same ADUC versions above) the PasswordNotRequired attribute is set to FALSE. I thought this attribute would be set to FALSE by default no matter how the computer object is created. That's how it works with new user
    accounts.

Why are computers created via the ADUC GUI set with PasswordNotRequired=TRUE when computers created via new-adcomputer have PasswordNotRequired=FALSE?

Is there a best-practice with regard to how the PasswordNotRequired attribute should be configured on computer objects?

JasonBraddy, Aug 2, 2022
  4. Active Directory: Configure Object-Level Auditing from ADUC

Windows Active Directory Group Policy Object GPO - are the permission conformance corrections made by running of gpupdate logged as changes by Audit

Windows Active Directory Group Policy Object GPO - are the permission conformance corrections made by running of gpupdate logged as changes by Audit

Problem: We have a customer who makes permission changes to certain files so that our software may work correctly. Then, "magically", the permissions revert to prior settings after a few hours. I strongly suspect this is due to a group policy setting. If
    they have auditing running, I am supposing the original change will be noted. But when gpupdate runs, and "fixes" them back to conformance, is this also noted in the auditing / security log?

Jim Abshire, Aug 2, 2022
Thema:

Active Directory: Configure Object-Level Auditing from ADUC

1. Active Directory: Configure Object-Level Auditing from ADUC - Similar Threads - Active Directory Configure

2. Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO: Hi All,I am reaching out to seek assistance with enabling and configuring 802.1x on client machines within our network.Due to the unique nature of the grouping, we have encountered challenges in utilizing Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO for this purpose. As a...
  3. Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO: Hi All,I am reaching out to seek assistance with enabling and configuring 802.1x on client machines within our network.Due to the unique nature of the grouping, we have encountered challenges in utilizing Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO for this purpose. As a...
  4. Active Directory - Joining With Preexisting Computer Object Post KB5020276

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory - Joining With Preexisting Computer Object Post KB5020276: With KB5020276, our team members are no longer able to join objects to the domain that were created by privileged team members.We have two groups: 'Admins' and 'Technicians', our Admins have permission to create Computer objects, and will create preexisting computer objects...
  5. Active Directory - Joining With Preexisting Computer Object Post KB5020276

Active Directory - Joining With Preexisting Computer Object Post KB5020276: With KB5020276, our team members are no longer able to join objects to the domain that were created by privileged team members.We have two groups: 'Admins' and 'Technicians', our Admins have permission to create Computer objects, and will create preexisting computer objects...
  6. Active Directory - Joining Preexisting Computer Object Post KB5020276

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory - Joining Preexisting Computer Object Post KB5020276: With KB5020276, our team members are no longer able to join objects to the domain that were created by privileged team members.We have two groups: 'Admins' and 'Technicians', our Admins have permission to create Computer objects, and will create preexisting computer objects...
  7. Active Directory - Joining Preexisting Computer Object Post KB5020276

Active Directory - Joining Preexisting Computer Object Post KB5020276: With KB5020276, our team members are no longer able to join objects to the domain that were created by privileged team members.We have two groups: 'Admins' and 'Technicians', our Admins have permission to create Computer objects, and will create preexisting computer objects...
  8. Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue: Hello,I am having an odd issue with viewing a machine's local audit policy after it has received policy from endpoint.microsoft.com.This will work better by providing an example.... I have the following policy settings which are being deployed with a "Success" status in...
  9. Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue: Hello,I am having an odd issue with viewing a machine's local audit policy after it has received policy from endpoint.microsoft.com.This will work better by providing an example.... I have the following policy settings which are being deployed with a "Success" status in...
  10. Active Directory: Configure Object-Level Auditing from ADUC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory: Configure Object-Level Auditing from ADUC: Hi All,I try to config object-level auditing from ADUC as per below article. however, after save, I checked the setting again. the settings does not apply. Please advice on this.my credential only member in Domain admins and Schema Admins groups.article link:...