Windows 10: Active Directory disable usage of network connections using USB Port - but need USB for...

Discus and support Active Directory disable usage of network connections using USB Port - but need USB for... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Employee using cell phone with USB cable for network connection to get around Firewall and internet filtering restrictions. Need to restrict but allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jyesko, Feb 5, 2021.

1. jyesko Win User

Active Directory disable usage of network connections using USB Port - but need USB for...

Employee using cell phone with USB cable for network connection to get around Firewall and internet filtering restrictions. Need to restrict but allow other approved USB devices like camera's - keyboard & mice

:)

jyesko, Feb 5, 2021
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Active Directory disable usage of network connections using USB Port - but need USB for... [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

Active Directory disable usage of network connections using USB Port - but need USB for... [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Feb 5, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Disable a USB Port

Hi Eduardo

Disabling that USB Port, may also disable any ports beside it, do you have USB ports on another part of your PC?

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

At the bottom of the device list, expand the 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' section

How many devices have 'Hub' in the name, is there more than 1?

If so, right click one f those, then choose Properties and choose the Driver tab, is there an option to disable that there?

If that is the wrong hub, re-enable that and move to the next hub device, until you find the one for that USB port . . .

DaveM121, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Aevum Win User

Active Directory disable usage of network connections using USB Port - but need USB for...

Problem with usb ports...

things you should try, another cable, use another usb port which isnt related to the same hub (your internal usb ports are grouped in to hubs),

lower usb speed in bios to v1.1
    activate usb legacy mode,

and if your using a port which is on a case or a front panel and connected by cables to mobo, use the ones directly on the motherboard,

Aevum, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Active Directory disable usage of network connections using USB Port - but need USB for... - Similar Threads - Active Directory disable

2. NEED HELP WITH USB PORTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED HELP WITH USB PORTS: Hi. I have a problem with my USB port. I have 3 USB ports and my flashdrive is not detected. But my SD/TC card slot is functioning. I plugged my Flasdrive and opened device manager and the flash drive is not detected also. But with other computers, the same flash drives is...
  3. NEED HELP WITH USB PORTS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEED HELP WITH USB PORTS: Hi. I have a problem with my USB port. I have 3 USB ports and my flashdrive is not detected. But my SD/TC card slot is functioning. I plugged my Flasdrive and opened device manager and the flash drive is not detected also. But with other computers, the same flash drives is...
  4. USB ports and bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports and bluetooth disabled: 2 days ago, my laptop experienced blue screen. After rebooting it, the USB ports and bluetooth function has been disabled.Both of these options also can't be found in device manager. I've clicked 'show hidden devices', yet both of them still can't be found.Following are the...
  5. USB ports and bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports and bluetooth disabled: 2 days ago, my laptop experienced blue screen. After rebooting it, the USB ports and bluetooth function has been disabled.Both of these options also can't be found in device manager. I've clicked 'show hidden devices', yet both of them still can't be found.Following are the...
  6. KB5015807 disabled two usb ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5015807 disabled two usb ports: After pushing off 2022-06 because it broke ICS. I finally updated to 2022-07 because it fixes the ICS issue and now two of my usb ports that I had my keyboard and mouse connected to do not work. What is going on over there? This is getting insane! Will the next update just...
  7. DISABLE USB PORT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISABLE USB PORT: HI, I FOOLISHLY DISABLED USB PORT OPTION FROM BIOS NOW NEITHER KEYBOARD NOR MOUSE IS WORKING PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-usb-port/0ed72132-5610-414c-b7cf-ed6add623b1c
  8. Unable to use usb ports.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use usb ports.: My computer isn't recognising any flash drives, phones connected through USB. Yet I am able to use a USB keyboard and a 2.4G wireless mouse. This is happening for almost 2 years from now. I have tried everything from uninstalling my drives and reinstalling them, updating my...
  9. Disable a USB Port

Disable a USB Port: Im having a hughe problem with a USB Port on my laptop I accidently rmoved a small blsck piece from the USB Port and now windows its showing an annoying icon and playing a sound that notification is making my computer stop working specially youtube, it pauses the video how...
  10. Update disabled USB Ports.

Update disabled USB Ports.: Windows 10 USB 3.0 Ports got Disabled after a recent failed update try. KB3081438 which downloads, but fails to install [HERE] The ports are powered since i can connect my mobile to the 'disabled' ports and yet charge the device but cannot do any data transfer. But the...