Windows 10: Active Directory Shared Account Password Reset

Discus and support Active Directory Shared Account Password Reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello! I have been browsing the internet for a while but was unable to find a solution to this one. Obviously resetting an AD password for one user... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jofish3004, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Active Directory Shared Account Password Reset

Hello!

I have been browsing the internet for a while but was unable to find a solution to this one.

Obviously resetting an AD password for one user is simple.

But what if for example there was a computer in an imaginary company and there were 10 users who used the computer. They all login with the same AD account. One of the users forgets the password and is unable to contact the other users for the password. Is there a way with AD that the password can be obtained to give to the user, or the password can be reset for one user of the shared AD account without changing it for everyone as the other ususe won't know the new password?

Quite a complicated question, curious to see what answers will appear.

Thanks everyone!

:)

Jofish3004, Jul 21, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Active Directory Shared Account Password Reset

Windows password reset

Hello,

To understand the issue better, please share the information:

• Is the issue occurring while logging into the system or in any browser?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

To reset your Microsoft Account password, I suggest you to click on the link below and follow the steps.

Reset your password

Please get back to us with the requested information and get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Active Directory Shared Account Password Reset

1. Active Directory Shared Account Password Reset - Similar Threads - Active Directory Shared

2. Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory: HelloWe have 3 Domain Controllers. DC1 Central DC , DC2 ADC , DC3 ADCFSMO roles are shown belowSchema master -DC1 Domain naming master -DC1PDC -DC3 RID pool manager -DC3Infrastructure master -DC2We can password reset and also can create new user in AD DC2. DC2 server is...
  3. Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory: HelloWe have 3 Domain Controllers. DC1 Central DC , DC2 ADC , DC3 ADCFSMO roles are shown belowSchema master -DC1 Domain naming master -DC1PDC -DC3 RID pool manager -DC3Infrastructure master -DC2We can password reset and also can create new user in AD DC2. DC2 server is...
  4. Active Directory installation error password admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory installation error password admin: Hello, I have a problem during the installation of my AD, at the end of the procedure an error in the admin password appears, I don't understand why because admin has a password, can you tell me to help ?...
  5. Microsoft Active Directory password storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Active Directory password storage: Hello, I have a requirement that needs to be met. The requirement is whether Microsoft Active Directory can store passwords as salted hashes using PKBDF2 hashing with cost factor of at least 10,000 iterations. Can this be done?...
  6. Microsoft Active Directory password storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Active Directory password storage: Hello, I have a requirement that needs to be met. The requirement is whether Microsoft Active Directory can store passwords as salted hashes using PKBDF2 hashing with cost factor of at least 10,000 iterations. Can this be done?...
  7. account password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    account password reset: How do you reset an Admin password on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-password-reset/b66ff1db-a06c-4c25-bb88-d9573675b206
  8. reset account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset account password: I forgot my Microsoft account password. I went through the reset process from account to entering codes to change password and got the screen message your password has been changed, sign in. I have entered five different passwords but each time I try to sign in up comes...
  9. Reset account password

Reset account password: One of my friends changed my Microsoft account password and I know the new password, but I always try to put the old password before I remember to put the new one. I tried changing the password, but the website says I've used that password before, and therefore I can't put it...
  10. Active Directory User Account

Active Directory User Account: Active Directory user account logs in fine on a computer that already have the user's profile but when the user logs in into a new computer that doesn't have a profile it gives user name and password incorrect. the new computer is added to the domain, and I have tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. active directory reset account