Windows 10: Active Directory sites & Subnets

Discus and support Active Directory sites & Subnets in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have a setup of Active Directory 1 DC with 4 RODCs A is my main DC. B,C,D,E are RODCs in different Branches. But When I checked from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by akhilram, Nov 20, 2019.

1. akhilram Win User

Active Directory sites & Subnets

Hi Guys,

I have a setup of Active Directory 1 DC with 4 RODCs

A is my main DC.

B,C,D,E are RODCs in different Branches.

But When I checked from client pc the "logon server" is showing different location.

When I went to one client PC in "E" and checked Cmd>echo %logonserver%

Its showing "B" server.

Now my doubt is Why client pc is showing the "B" logon server instead of "E" (I can confirm that "E"server is UP).

Same happening with different branches client systems.

I have created sites for 5 branches in AD sites & services, created subnets. Moved servers to sites location wise.

created site link : added all servers.

Still same problem...any solutions much appreciated.Thanks

:)

akhilram, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Active Directory sites & Subnets

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Active Directory sites & Subnets

1. Active Directory sites & Subnets - Similar Threads - Active Directory sites

2. Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.: Hi, I have an active directory 172.16.44.0/23 with the DNS service active DNS 172.16.45.254, which works without problems, however if I create a new zone and try to resolve from another subnet 192.168.0.0/23 the error Non-Existen domain does not work. Using the same equipment...
  3. Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.: Hi, I have an active directory 172.16.44.0/23 with the DNS service active DNS 172.16.45.254, which works without problems, however if I create a new zone and try to resolve from another subnet 192.168.0.0/23 the error Non-Existen domain does not work. Using the same equipment...
  4. Active directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active directory: We have a little bit problematic here. We are seeing names in our active directory. There are some computer names that we cant track so we need to configure and remove it in our directory. How can we remove it if we can see those names?...
  5. Active directory

Active directory: We have a little bit problematic here. We are seeing names in our active directory. There are some computer names that we cant track so we need to configure and remove it in our directory. How can we remove it if we can see those names?...
  6. Active directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Beginners Subnetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginners Subnetting: I am taking a class in computer applications, and currently using Windows 11. I would like to know a safe website to get understanding on knowing about subnetting and doing assignments in the subject. Last place I checked I thought was Microsoft, then when they wanted to...
  8. Beginners Subnetting

Beginners Subnetting: I am taking a class in computer applications, and currently using Windows 11. I would like to know a safe website to get understanding on knowing about subnetting and doing assignments in the subject. Last place I checked I thought was Microsoft, then when they wanted to...
  9. IPv4 Subnetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPv4 Subnetting: According to recent data, I gather that host addresses of all zeros defines a subnet, all ones defines a broadcast address, the first host address is access to the LAN information, and host address 2 through broadcast address minus one are available for link-layer hosts...
  10. active directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    active directory: hello anyone is there software that will allow win 10 pro to become a domain controller or something similar to active directory. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/active-directory/3eeeb3fe-2fbe-4a86-aa64-41f9948c631c