Windows 10: Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem

Discus and support Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Folks, I came across an issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1803 with Cellular/Ethernet connections. I have a HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tenokraat, Oct 11, 2018.

1. tenokraat Win User

Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem

Folks,

I came across an issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1803 with Cellular/Ethernet connections.

I have a HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE installed in my notebook.

I purchased it with the intent to work on the road and to leverage it for ICS.

When I am connected with the LTE modem and plug in a cable to my Ethernet port (Intel I219-LM) it automatically disables my Cellular connection ("Not Connected).

Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem a4327df8-fd0f-4af4-81f0-47fc83acc1b8?upload=true.png

So far I have not found a way to keep both interfaces connected at the same time, for me to configure ICS. How can I get rid of this behavior?

Any inputs are appreciated.

:)

tenokraat, Oct 11, 2018
  2. 1freedude Win User

Using modems and coax instead of ethernet

I am trying to get rid of my cable ISP, and have secured a cellular modem that is faster and cheaper than my ISP. My rental house has coax throughout, so I was thinking of using modems to connect the upstairs to the downstairs, through the coax.

Is this possible?

4g USB modem---computer with ICS---Ethernet to modem---coax to next modem---Ethernet to network.

1freedude, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Data trough 4G mobile broadband connection blocked when ethernet connected

Hi Robert,

It appears that Windows is managing your connection. It only allows you to connect to your mobile broadband connection if you're not connected to either Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. To work around this behavior, I suggest disabling this feature to allow
    you to manually connect to your cellular or mobile connection. Please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular.
    2. Uncheck the box for Let Windows manage this connection.
    3. Once done, try connecting manually to your mobile broadband while Ethernet is connected and see if it works.

For more information about mobile broadband connection, please check out,
    Cellular settings in Windows 10

Please update this thread with the result so I'll be able to assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Cellular/SIM connection not available/disappearing

Hi,

A faulty cellular adapter is one of the possible reasons why the cellular connection is disappearing from the laptop. A disabled adapter in the Network Connections Settings can also be the cause of this issue. We suggest you to enable the cellular connection
    in the Network Connections settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type View Network Connections.
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Right-click on the cellular adapter and click Enable.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem - Similar Threads - Active Ethernet connection

2. ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet connection: My PC will not allow an ethernet connection for the WiFi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connection/32963d70-98e1-4bf8-9037-5cf1be063c08
  3. Not connected to cellular network

Not connected to cellular network: Hi everyone, my win 10 hp laptop won't connect to my cellular network i use a vodafone modem (k4201) any i have set up APN and cellular network shows CONNECTED But when i check connection status in settings, it says am not connected to any network when i troubleshoot...
  4. ethernet connection

ethernet connection: I can't get my laptop to connect to internet using etherate cable. I have used this setup in the past but recently can't seem to get it to connect. I use win 10. Seems that a new update may have corrupted the equipment or drivers. Any ideas ??...
  5. cellular connection on X1 Yoga

cellular connection on X1 Yoga: I use a Lenovo X1 Yoga and have inserted a SIM card in it. I am getting GSM speeds while the SIM is for 4G. Is there any way I change the settings of the connection from GSM to 4G?...
  6. Manage cellular connections - choose roaming operator

Manage cellular connections - choose roaming operator: Hi Is there any way to manage cellular connections (mobile broadband) better in Windows 10? I would like to be able to see available operators and choose to which to connect. Maybe there is an app that gives you that level of control? Thanks for any suggestions. 113569
  7. Unable to connect to Cable Modem

Unable to connect to Cable Modem: I have an issue with my Windows 10 PC not connecting to my cable modem by ethernet cable. I connect the PC to the modem and all I get is "unidentified network - no internet", yet my laptop connects to the modem by ethernet (I'm using it now) just fine. I've tried everything I...
  8. Windows 10 sees ZTE USB 3G modem as a dialup connection, not cellular

Windows 10 sees ZTE USB 3G modem as a dialup connection, not cellular: Hello Everyone, I hope you're all doing well *Smile I have a 2GB/month data connection on a ZTE USB 3G modem. When I connect, it shows up as a dialup connection in Windows 10, meaning that there is no way for me to make it a metered connection. This morning, Windows ate...
  9. Modem activity

Modem activity: I connect (Router) three computer to the internet. With one computer on I have little Modem activity.When I turn on the second Computer on I get a increase in modem activity. I have ran adware and virus scans OK. Is this normal ? 44363
  10. USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi

USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi: Hi I have a program called Connectify Dispatch that enable multiple internet connections load balancing, which speed up downloads mostly and sometimes web browsing, my problem that is whenever I use an USB modem Ethernet and WiFi internet stops, this happened since windows 8...