Windows 10: active hours for windows update can't include midnight

Discus and support active hours for windows update can't include midnight in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I work nights, so I wanted to set my computer's non-active hours to while I was asleep. eg 6am to 1pm. But I can only set active hours eg 1pm to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterFergusson, Apr 19, 2019.

1. active hours for windows update can't include midnight

Hi,

I work nights, so I wanted to set my computer's non-active hours to while I was asleep. eg 6am to 1pm.

But I can only set active hours eg 1pm to 6am, which it will not accept because it seems it can't handle midnight and/or stopping before starting.

So what are my options?

Thanks in advance

:)

PeterFergusson, Apr 19, 2019

2. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Apr 19, 2019
  3. RPG17A Win User
    Windows 10 Active Hours

Hi

In an upcoming update active hours will be between 1 and 18. Whether you can set to pass midnight I don't know.

RPG17A, Apr 19, 2019
  4. active hours for windows update can't include midnight

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Active Hours Questions?

I use my computer a lot - from the crack of dawn until midnight and beyond. So I want to set my Active Hours from 6am to midnight. But when I try it says "Active hours can be set between 1 and 12 hours"

Wrong - I am active for at least 18 hours most days - surely Microsoft can cope with the other 6 and leave me alone whilst I am Active to my standards not theirs !!!!

TOPSie1972, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

active hours for windows update can't include midnight

1. active hours for windows update can't include midnight - Similar Threads - active hours update

2. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  3. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  4. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can't change active hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't change active hours: if i have my updates paused can i not access the place to change my active hours. I used to be able to. When i go there now it says 12 pm to 12 am which is not what i want. do i need to turn "resume updates' back on in order to access this feature. Thank you...
  6. Active Hours for Updates

Active Hours for Updates: I have a very specific set of requirements for the Active Hours designated for restarts after Updates to Win10. Without going into the reasons for why I wish to have extended and very specific hours for the management of restarts following an automatic update, I wonder if...
  7. Windows Update and Active Hours prompts

Windows Update and Active Hours prompts: Hi All I am using Windows 10, and I keep getting messages about doing Windows Updates outside Active Hours. As my pc is only on when I am using it I would prefer to do the Windows Update and restart when I have finished using it which could be at any time. After all I...
  8. Updates active during non active hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates active during non active hours: Have updates to go off from 12-7am cause my internet is alright during these times. Whenever I hop on my pc during a time that isn't during that specification, it does it anyway. This has started within the last month and I've tried re-editing the time schedule but it seems...
  9. Update during active hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update during active hours: If I choose to update during active hours do I need to adjust the active times before I start? Len 138957
  10. Active Hours/Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Active Hours/Update?: I don't know if the anniversary update fixed it more, but I've heard people have had Windows 10, restart automatically and reboot after installing certain updates, like when they're in the middle of doing things. I can't say it's actually happened to me. Not that I'm aware...