Windows 10: Active hours

Discus and support Active hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Are there any plans to give users the option to disable active hours entirely on Win10 Home? this is probably the most hated and unneeded "feature"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThorbjørnRenslo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Active hours

Are there any plans to give users the option to disable active hours entirely on Win10 Home?

this is probably the most hated and unneeded "feature" ever to come out from you guys, and with good reason.

If i step away from my computer, and said computer is on, its a given that i dont want it to turn off and remove all progress i make, be it work or otherwise. If this is to better keep our systems up to date, its a dumb one.

I am aware that active hours makes it so windows does not restart within my given time, but peoples schedules change vastly depending on the day.

18 hours is not enough, 23 hours would not be enough, as it is now i am having to find a workaround that constantly forces my computer not to go idle, or i have to manually change active hours everyday.

This is the sole reason i am contemplating switching over to Mac.

Thanks in advance, i expect no good answers, alternatives or solutions from you guys.

:)

ThorbjørnRenslo, Dec 12, 2018

2. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Lenzmic Win User
    active hours, useless apps etc

Thanks for that Martmcd

It was a hypothetical question. I have not suffered any financial loss.

It's just that Active Hours is, in my opinion, a retrograde step. I much prefer the Win 7 approach to updates, where we had the choice of when to install them.

My computer is unattended for some 17 hours per day. Which is why I am caught unawares.) Also some users are active 24/7, MS should take this into account.

Since the last update, I have started to set active hours from 0800 to 2000 then at around 1100 reset active hours to 1100 to 2300, rather tedious but effective.

Thanks for your reply.

Lenzmic, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Active hours

Which lazy excuse for an analyst limited "active hours" to 12?

Hi,

The active hours setting can only be set up to 12 hours. You may send this as a feedback or a suggestion to get this adjusted on the next Windows updates. To begin sending in your feedback or suggestions, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Click the Windows button on your keyboard.

2. Type Feedback and then click on it.

3. It might ask you to sign in using your Microsoft account before you may begin sending in your feedback.

Please feel free to post other inquiries that you may have.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Active hours

1. Active hours - Similar Threads - Active hours

2. Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.: Above is the active hours I place my system to have.Today I woke up to finding out the active hours was changed from 10:00 AM to 1 AM and just last night, it was also a different time as well.I have the adjustment switch off yet windows update keeps changing it every time I...
  3. Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.: Above is the active hours I place my system to have.Today I woke up to finding out the active hours was changed from 10:00 AM to 1 AM and just last night, it was also a different time as well.I have the adjustment switch off yet windows update keeps changing it every time I...
  4. Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?: In the last 24 hours, I have gotten two emails from Microsoft telling me there was unusual activity with a successful sign into my account both times. The first time, I changed my password, and a couple minutes later I checked the activity feed and the unusual activity was...
  6. Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?: In the last 24 hours, I have gotten two emails from Microsoft telling me there was unusual activity with a successful sign into my account both times. The first time, I changed my password, and a couple minutes later I checked the activity feed and the unusual activity was...
  7. Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?

8. Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...: My computer has started crashing mid game. I made sure active hours was set correctly and made sure all updates and drivers were up to date. It has happened multiple times since. I checked the event viewer and I find under system 6 updates had been done, 1 spotify had failed....
  9. Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...

Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...: My computer has started crashing mid game. I made sure active hours was set correctly and made sure all updates and drivers were up to date. It has happened multiple times since. I checked the event viewer and I find under system 6 updates had been done, 1 spotify had failed....
  10. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443