Windows 10: Active Hours

Discus and support Active Hours in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is part 3 of my "Windows 10 Readiness Questions" thing. Windows doesn't restart outside of Active Hours when you're using the computer, but what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Melflormelissa, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Active Hours

This is part 3 of my "Windows 10 Readiness Questions" thing.

Windows doesn't restart outside of Active Hours when you're using the computer, but what if I'm away from it for even an hour?

:)

Melflormelissa, Sep 1, 2019

2. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Windows Update preparing/running during active hours

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when your devices get into such situation, but we will try to get it sorted for you. Thank you for the detail information provided on the post.

To have a clarity on the issue, we would like to know some information.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is Windows 10 version and built currently installed?
    • Did you setup any task in task scheduler?
    • Please help us with the screenshot of the system information page of the PC. Press
      Windows + R key from the keyboard and type msinfo32 and
      follow the steps mentioned in the screenshot
      posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

However, we would like you to refer the
    Configure active hour section in this Manage device restarts after updates
    article as suggested below.

1. Please refer the Configuring active hours with Group Policy section,
      if you are running Windows 10 Pro or higher version.
    2. Please refer the Configuring active hours through Registry
      section, if you are running Windows 10 Home.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious
    problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
    Load or Unload Registry Hives

In addition, we would also like you to follow the first 10 steps from the

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Lenzmic Win User

Active Hours

active hours, useless apps etc

Thanks for that Martmcd

It was a hypothetical question. I have not suffered any financial loss.

It's just that Active Hours is, in my opinion, a retrograde step. I much prefer the Win 7 approach to updates, where we had the choice of when to install them.

My computer is unattended for some 17 hours per day. Which is why I am caught unawares.) Also some users are active 24/7, MS should take this into account.

Since the last update, I have started to set active hours from 0800 to 2000 then at around 1100 reset active hours to 1100 to 2300, rather tedious but effective.

Thanks for your reply.

Lenzmic, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Active Hours

1. Active Hours - Similar Threads - Active Hours

2. Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.: Above is the active hours I place my system to have.Today I woke up to finding out the active hours was changed from 10:00 AM to 1 AM and just last night, it was also a different time as well.I have the adjustment switch off yet windows update keeps changing it every time I...
  3. Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.: Above is the active hours I place my system to have.Today I woke up to finding out the active hours was changed from 10:00 AM to 1 AM and just last night, it was also a different time as well.I have the adjustment switch off yet windows update keeps changing it every time I...
  4. Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?: In the last 24 hours, I have gotten two emails from Microsoft telling me there was unusual activity with a successful sign into my account both times. The first time, I changed my password, and a couple minutes later I checked the activity feed and the unusual activity was...
  6. Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?: In the last 24 hours, I have gotten two emails from Microsoft telling me there was unusual activity with a successful sign into my account both times. The first time, I changed my password, and a couple minutes later I checked the activity feed and the unusual activity was...
  7. Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?

8. Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...: My computer has started crashing mid game. I made sure active hours was set correctly and made sure all updates and drivers were up to date. It has happened multiple times since. I checked the event viewer and I find under system 6 updates had been done, 1 spotify had failed....
  9. Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...

Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...: My computer has started crashing mid game. I made sure active hours was set correctly and made sure all updates and drivers were up to date. It has happened multiple times since. I checked the event viewer and I find under system 6 updates had been done, 1 spotify had failed....
  10. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443