Windows 10: active network shows I am not connected to any networks, but I am.

Discus and support active network shows I am not connected to any networks, but I am. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had windows 8.1 and my homegroup was set up. Everything worked properly. The was an update i believe but I hadnt needed any files from my other pc so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zer0gh0st, Dec 20, 2015.

1. zer0gh0st Win User

active network shows I am not connected to any networks, but I am.

I had windows 8.1 and my homegroup was set up. Everything worked properly. The was an update i believe but I hadnt needed any files from my other pc so it went unnoticed if thats what caused it. At any rate I couldnt connect to the homegroup with my laptop. I tried all my security settings, reset,updated drivers,disabled and enabled the network adapter, forgot and re added the network I am on, checked to ensure it was set up properly in the registry. There is no option to click on to change it. I am left with my network showing me I am not connect to a network, yet here I am. My share settings show that I am on a public or guest current profile. I am on the administrator account for this laptop. I've searched all over and cannot find anything that helps me in any way with this. Oh, and I updated to windows 10. Same deal.

:)

zer0gh0st, Dec 20, 2015

2. Network Icon Shows No Internet, but I am Connected

Hi, I have been trying to get rid of this issue for months. My internet is working perfectly, but the network item shows "no internet". This would not be a problem, except most Microsoft software apparently relies on this status monitor for access to internet
    features. I cannot search for templates in Office products or send feedback through the Feedback Hub. The Windows Store works fine.

I got this issue fixed a few months ago by running the Tweaking Windows repair tool. However, the fix only lasted for a few days and then the problem was back.

I am using Windows 10 x64 on a Lenovo desktop tower. My network card is an onboard Intel I219-LM #2.

jmiller_pwi, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Network Icon Shows No Internet, but I am Connected

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your Ethernet adapter

Click Disable

Wait 10 minutes

Right click then enable it again.

If the problem persist, uninstall the adapter then restart.

Windows 10 will re-detect then reinstall it.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 20, 2015
  4. active network shows I am not connected to any networks, but I am.

Hi, did you try this?:
    on network => adapter settings right-click on LAN-connection => properties (as admin!) and on the 'Share' Tab tick the first box 'permit other users of this network to use the internet connection of this computer'
    (after update to Win 10 - and again to Win 10 v.1511 - I had a very similar problem with my Ethernet connection popping off a few minutes after system start, claiming the LAN cable to be unplugged. Finally I got this issue solved by uninstalling my eset-nod32 antivirus program. This done, it still did not work until I made above setting)

anythingelse, Dec 21, 2015
Thema:

active network shows I am not connected to any networks, but I am.

1. active network shows I am not connected to any networks, but I am. - Similar Threads - active network shows

2. I am getting "no internet, connected" for every Network I connect to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting "no internet, connected" for every Network I connect to: So I have tried with two network connections. The first was an ethernet connection the second one was an wifi connection.Both are working on every other device other than my windows 11. Any help would be appreciated...
  3. I am getting "no internet, connected" for every Network I connect to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting "no internet, connected" for every Network I connect to: So I have tried with two network connections. The first was an ethernet connection the second one was an wifi connection.Both are working on every other device other than my windows 11. Any help would be appreciated...
  4. The network icon shows that it is disconnected while I am connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The network icon shows that it is disconnected while I am connected: My computer has a network connection problem: the network connection icon shows a globe, and when viewing the network connection, it says "no internet access." However, I still have access to the local network and can access the Internet normally. Sometimes the computer can...
  5. Network icon shows it is offline while I am connected

Network icon shows it is offline while I am connected: My laptop has a network connection problem: The network connection icon displays a globe and when viewing the network connection, it says "no internet access". However, I still have access to the local network and I can access the Internet normally. In a few times, the...
  6. I can't activate windows because it shows that I am not connected to organization network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate windows because it shows that I am not connected to organization network: please help me. I just added this because windows wanted me to do so https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-windows-because-it-shows-that-i-am/ffef1632-b548-4de9-9926-2822ddebf193"
  7. I am not able to connect to any WiFi network. It is showing "No Wi-Fi networks found" when...

I am not able to connect to any WiFi network. It is showing "No Wi-Fi networks found" when...: This problem came up suddenly few months back. Since then, I have tried update, rollback, disable/enable of my WiFi driver (Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230) but nothing has worked[ATTACH]. I don't know how to solve this problem. Please help. Laptop model - Dell Inspiron 5520...
  8. Windows thinks I am on a metered network but I am not

Windows thinks I am on a metered network but I am not: OneDrive keeps pausing and says that I am on a metered network. I am not on a metered network and don't want OneDrive to pause. "Set as metered connection" is turned off in Settings. What other settings need to be changed?...
  9. Windows 10 Network Status "Not Connected" but I am

Windows 10 Network Status "Not Connected" but I am: Windows 10 states in Network Status "Not connected" to the internet/network, but i am and I'm online. Edge doesn't work, Skype doesn't work, other MS apps don't work b/c the system isn't recognizing that it's online. ALL non-Microsoft applications are online and work...
  10. Network Status Not Connected, but i am

Network Status Not Connected, but i am: Why is my Network Status Not Connected even though i am able to surf via Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge. But the Windows update, Xbox App and other Windows Apps thinks i am not connected. I've tried resetting, updating and rolling back my network adapter but it didn't work....