Windows 10: active primary disk

Discus and support active primary disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, So i was trying to create a recovery drive on my SSd card, because my 2 usb 's are used for a mouse and history file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KathiShepherd, Oct 31, 2018.

1. active primary disk

Hello, So i was trying to create a recovery drive on my SSd card, because my 2 usb 's are used for a mouse and history file. Turning on my history file it had a message saying "You're not to have a system file on a removable drive." I went into disk management I seen my ssd card has primary , healthy and has active next to it.. like this:

Disk 0 = EFI Healthy -100 MB / Local (C: ) 25.24 GB NTFS (Boot , wim Boot, crash dump, primary partition ) New Volume (E: ) 2.57 GB NTFS Primary Partition / Recovery 1000 MB Healthy ( OEM partition......

Disk 1 = FAT 32 (7.42 GB) Healthy ( Primary Partition Active)

Disk 2- FAT 32 (14.72 GB) USB DISK Healthy ( Primary Partition)

I don't think this is at all correct.. I don't know how to make DISK 0 active again I think that is the one that should be active. The instructions were to make the SSD card act and be recognized as a USB device.. I lost 2 computers even after making a recovery disk, apparently i still don't know how.. Can you help and tell me how make Active the Drive that should be ACTIVE... Cannot tell you how much I appreciate for all your time & patience,,,

:)

KathiShepherd, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Arctucas Win User
    mobo/case connection

OK, let us redo the steps.

Remember to press Enter after each entry and wait for the command to complete before going to the next:

1) DISKPART

2) LIST DISK

3) SELECT DISK 0

4) CLEAN

5) CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

6) SELECT PARTITION 1

7) ACTIVE

Let me know what happens.

Arctucas, Oct 31, 2018
  4. thraxed Win User

active primary disk

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

active primary disk

1. active primary disk - Similar Threads - active primary disk

2. Delete hard disk primary partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete hard disk primary partition: My pc was processing too slow, so I decide to upgrade the window 10 32bits to 64bits. The installer require an external storage which I decided to use my 500GB hard disk, during installation the system made a partition of about 30GB for the iso file. After the installation I...
  3. Delete hard disk primary partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete hard disk primary partition: My pc was processing too slow, so I decide to upgrade the window 10 32bits to 64bits. The installer require an external storage which I decided to use my 500GB hard disk, during installation the system made a partition of about 30GB for the iso file. After the installation I...
  4. Delete hard disk primary partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Converting logical disk partitions to primary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting logical disk partitions to primary: My PC was purchased before Windows 10 and had the C drive partitioned to add data and program storage in separate spaces. I now wish to add the space from one of the logical partitions to the contiguous primary C partition. Having failed to notice 2 partitions are labelled as...
  6. The primary hard disk becomes unrecognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The primary hard disk becomes unrecognized: I was having problem connecting to Wi-Fi (it said "Can't connect to this network") so I restarted my laptop. It shut down without any problems, then after the BIOS screen wasn't Windows but the screen in text mode with "Reboot and select proper boot device...". After...
  7. can't format disk reads as primary partition

can't format disk reads as primary partition: i reinstalled windows 10 and when back in windows i noticed the other ssd that i had windows on that i formated wouldnt let go of the partitions look picture -> http://prntscr.com/lax1nc want the whole ssd formated and ready for use again. 120535
  8. Help with active primary drives.

Help with active primary drives.: Can someone tell me if this looks normal? Just installed Win 10 and was about to rearrange some drive letters and thought it looked odd with so many drives labeled active and primary. [img] 115355
  9. Format unused space on primary disk

Format unused space on primary disk: Some time ago I had to format my hard drive (a nominal 1 TB spinner) and re-install Windows 10. At the time I was considering setting up a dual-boot configuration, so I left about 290 GB unallocated for later use by the alternative OS. Since then I have changed my mind, and...
  10. Move system partition to primary disk?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move system partition to primary disk?: So I recently formatted my Windows 8.1 system and installed Windows 10. But it seems that the setup decided to set my System parition to a separate HDD (G: ) and put the bootmgr and all the boot files there, instead of using the left-over 350MB System Reserved partition on my...