Windows 10: Active programs/windows are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop

Discus and support Active programs/windows are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, as stated simply in the subject, active programs are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop, once per boot-up. I've read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gonzalo Araya Gómez, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Active programs/windows are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop

Hello,

as stated simply in the subject, active programs are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop, once per boot-up. I've read related issues and I must add that this is not random, it happens once after certain amount of time while running a game, either windowed or full-screen. I must recognise that it might be two different problems; the one deactivating windows and the one minimising full-screen games but both happen after a fixed period of time so my guess is that it isn't. Also, it's not a malware-related issue, since I've had my antivirus run full searches. I've read that it could be a problem with Full Screen Optimisation feature of Windows 10 but I really don't understand how it could be.

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit

TUF Gaming FX505DU

AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti

8192MB RAM

DirectX 12

:)

Gonzalo Araya Gómez, Nov 5, 2019

2. Game minimising in Windows 10

I recently built my own PC over the winter season which I had an unactivated copy of Windows 10 on for about a week or two which was working fine. I then activated the software and now I seem to be encountering a problem where most games that I am playing
    (mainly from steam) keep minimising at arbitrary times while I play.

I was following many of the steps from Full-screen game keeps minimizing in Windows 10? Here's how to fix this issue

Which claimed that following these 10 steps would "Fix" the problem:

1. Check GPU drivers
    2. Kill background applications
    3. Disable Game Mode
    4. Disable Action Center notifications
    5. Run as admin and in a different compatibility mode
    6. Give game’s process a higher CPU priority
    7. Disable dual-GPU
    8. Scan for viruses
    9. Update Windows
    10. Show taskbar on all displays for multi-display setup
    I have tried a few of these steps (1,2,3,8,9) with no luck! Just wondering if anyone else has had and found a solution to this problem, any info is appreciated.

Eoin Rasmussen, Nov 5, 2019
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    FULL SCREEN APPS AND GAMES KEEP MINIMIZING TO DESKTOP WITHOUT ANY REASON IN WINDOWS 10

"When i do nothing and the desktop screen is there on my computer, something just pops up and get closed in just a second.... "

Something that is not related to a program you are running which just pops up on the desktop, and diapears again is another

issue to games minimising, but whatever is causing this popup is probably what is causing the games to minimise.

"when i tries your method by opening a full screen game such gta.... it just minimised after some seconds"

Which of the GTA games, and what brand and model graphics processors does your machine use ?

How far does the game get before it minimises ? Does it minimise after the setup screen loads, or after starting the game play ?

Are you able to get the game running again by clicking on the games Taskbar button to maximise it again ?

BossDweeb, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Active programs/windows are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop

Activesync causeing programs to deactivate/activate

When I connect my phone to my computer it performs the sync fine, but if I leave it plugged in and go to another window and try and do some thing the window will be active for about 10-15 secs and then deactivate for about 2 seconds ( the program screen
    flashes) and it keeps doing this until I unplug my phone. I have windows firewall turned of but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

I have a HTC touch pro phone.

Isaac_olson, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Active programs/windows are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop

1. Active programs/windows are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop - Similar Threads - Active programs are

2. Can I quickly minimise or exit a full screen game ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I quickly minimise or exit a full screen game ?: Hi I wanted to know how I can minimise full screen games or if that's not possible how to close them fast? submitted by /u/Shadow8779 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kouecy/can_i_quickly_minimise_or_exit_a_full_screen_game/
  3. Stop management of minimised program

Stop management of minimised program: Hi all, I'm sorry I don't know all the technical terms but I'm having a frustrating time running programmes on my machine while doing other things. I'm trying to run a programme written in python on the command line. It is fairly cpu intensive and will take several hours to...
  4. Games minimising to desktop randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimising to desktop randomly: Has anyone encountered an issue where games minimise to your desktop randomly? I've done everything i can think of and have tried most suggested things online. the only way I've managed to resolve the issue briefly is when i re-install windows. Any suggestions would be...
  5. Windows Explorer minimising games?

Windows Explorer minimising games?: Started happening a day or two ago, not sure why. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617396973116325888/645394925915078657/unknown.png submitted by /u/Kimiko-_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxe3lu/windows_explorer_minimising_games/
  6. Game minimising in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game minimising in Windows 10: I recently built my own PC over the winter season which I had an unactivated copy of Windows 10 on for about a week or two which was working fine. I then activated the software and now I seem to be encountering a problem where most games that I am playing (mainly from steam)...
  7. Automatic Return to Desktop Screen at closure or minimisation of a program.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Return to Desktop Screen at closure or minimisation of a program.: I am experiencing a very frustrating issue with my Surface Pro running Windows 10. Even though I have multiple programs open (Outlook, Chrome, Powerpoint for example) and all are maximized but layered, when I go to minimize or exit a program, the screen automatically reverts...
  8. Games minimise and crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimise and crashing.: Several games I play will minimise after playing for a while. The screen goes black, the monitor shuts off briefly and I am unable to open the game again (crashes, but a little grey bar appears at the top right of the screen with the game name displayed), but I can hear the...
  9. Minimising & full screen mode problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Minimising & full screen mode problems: This is something that is driving me crazy *Confused So I thought I would share & hope someone has found a problem. 2 systems identical other than the CPU, 1 is FX 8350 & the other is FX 8370. Anyways. System A I use & have had windows 10 installed, updated along with...
  10. Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly: Every five minutes or so my full screen programs minimize to the desktop while the mouse is idle(when I'm using a controller or watching a movie), and i believe the culprit is an application that opens and closes before I can see it. I've scoured the event viewer, and have...