Windows 10: Active Screen Not Always On Top

Discus and support Active Screen Not Always On Top in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently bought a new ASUS TUF laptop with Windows 10 Home OS. After running for some time after startup (say 30 mins) I find that the active... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeterDewar, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Active Screen Not Always On Top

I recently bought a new ASUS TUF laptop with Windows 10 Home OS.

After running for some time after startup (say 30 mins) I find that the active screen often does not come to the front but is hidden behind inactive screens. Typically when some action is required from the operator, this is a really frustrating problem.

I have tried various suggestions found on the web such as sfc/scannow, etc. etc. without any success. Eventually I installed AutoHotKey + AlwaysOnTop.ahk which allows me to press Control-SpaceBar to bring the window forward. This works!

Surely there has to be some permanent cure for this problem?

regards - Peter

:)

PeterDewar, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Programs Arent Visible In Top Inch of Screen?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that the programs are not visible on your computer. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed. I would appreciate if you could help me with more information

• When you say “Programs aren’t visible in top inch of screen”, do you mean the programs icon on desktop or top portion of screen within the program?

• Is this issue specific to some programs?

• What is the make & model number of the computer?
    The issue might be occurring because of inappropriate screen resolution or corrupt Graphic/Display drivers. Please follow the below mentioned steps and check if the issue resolves

Method 1:
    Adjust the screen resolution as recommended

Please follow the below mentioned steps to adjust the screen resolution

• Press Windows + X, Click Control Panel

• View all control panel items, Click on
                  Display

• Click on Adjust Resolution in left pane

• Click the drop-down list next to Resolution. Check for the resolution marked (recommended)

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphic/display drivers

Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver:

Step 1:
    Uninstall the
    Graphic/Display drivers

a) Press “Windows Logo”+
    X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the graphic/display drivers from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select
    that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, you may again open the Device Manager and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button at the top of the Device Manager window and check if Windows 10 detects the network devices and installs an
    appropriate driver for it automatically. If that happens, then check if it resolves the issue.

Step 2:
    Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

If the issue occurs due to corrupt Graphic/Display Drivers, then you may refer to the manufactures’ website and install the latest Graphic/Display drivers for the device.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Active Screen Not Always On Top

Slartybart, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Active Screen Not Always On Top

1. Active Screen Not Always On Top - Similar Threads - Active Screen Always

2. Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top?: Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-make-the-on-screen-keyboard-not/f9365f97-0277-4d5d-80df-9f9e662e2c5f
  3. Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top?: Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-make-the-on-screen-keyboard-not/f9365f97-0277-4d5d-80df-9f9e662e2c5f
  4. Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Window always on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window always on top: Recently One of my programs has changed to be "always on top" of other windows - when I click on another window or pop up windows from the program they always go behind the window - forcing me to minimize the main window.Is there a way to disable this feature.Currently using...
  6. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  7. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  8. BIG RED COLOR AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN ALWAYS

BIG RED COLOR AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN ALWAYS: Hi I am a windows 10 user,I am suffering this problem since few months. A red color is stuck always at the top of my screen. Always when i turn on pc from that time it will be stuck and sometimes a black from a corner flashes without doing any activity but it stops if a...
  9. Always On Top

Always On Top: Is there a way to keep a screen on top of other windows in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-on-top/6fe06a63-18e8-4ef7-b0d4-75658cda3397
  10. Taskbar Always On Top

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Always On Top: As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an update. I'm guessing some registry entry is messing things up. Any ideas? 67895

Users found this page by searching for:

1. active windows always on top