Windows 10: Active window change color always

Discus and support Active window change color always in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I’ve had a new computer, sincing being at school, I have been able to change all the pages/boxes with a white background sheet in any office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mw2000, May 12, 2019.

1. mw2000 Win User

Active window change color always

Every time I’ve had a new computer, sincing being at school, I have been able to change all the pages/boxes with a white background sheet in any office or Windows application, very simply to my preferred shade of lilac. As I am dyslexic and this greatly helps.

You can simply do this in Windows 7 & earlier versons, by going into personalise settings, clicking on window colour box, then clicking on the active window to change the background. However Windows 10 does not offer this facility. This, I feel this is a significant flaw, backwards step and deeply discriminatory .

Changing the high resolution is not an option as this completely disfigures my whole experience of Windows and office. This has meant that I have not updated My home computer from Windows 7. But now have a message telling me I need to before 2020.

At work I struggle through with Windows 10. I strongly recommend that Microsoft rectify the situation as I realise that many other people are in the same position.

I have tried to make a complaint about this to Microsoft via the online channels, but have had no response. If anybody knows who to forward this complaint to I would be very grateful to know. tknow.roversight.

:)

mw2000, May 12, 2019

2. color change, the color blue got lighter

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

The issue you are facing with Color change, I would like to ask few queries.

• Have you made any changes to the system prior to the issue?
    • Since when are you facing this?
    You can manually set the different color for start, taskbar, action center and title bar background.

To do so, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • From left pane click on Color.
    • Choose a color which ever is suited for you.
    Referring to the second screen shot, it seems like the operating system you are using is not fully activated. This type of issue occurs only if the OS is not activated. I suggest you to refer the below Microsoft article and check how to resolve the common
    activation errors.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/activation-errors

Note: Steps also works on Windows 10.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 12, 2019
  3. Active window taskbar icon color stand out windows 10

Hi Joechalfoun,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop, click on personalize.
    • Click on Windows Color, and click on advance appearance settings.
    • Under Windows color and appearance, click on the drop down arrow under item.
    • You can select Active title bar, Active Windows border etc, and change the size and color you want.
    • If you want different color, then click on color and click on others so that you can create your own color.
    • Once you finish making the changes click on apply and then ok.
    I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 12, 2019
  4. Active window change color always

Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Active window change color always

1. Active window change color always - Similar Threads - Active window change

2. Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar: This is the icon highlight color for an app on Windows 10, vs Windows 11:The entire point of this feature is for apps to flash when they want to get the user's attention from their peripheral vision, and I rely on this functionality heavily so I don't miss important things...
  3. Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar: This is the icon highlight color for an app on Windows 10, vs Windows 11:The entire point of this feature is for apps to flash when they want to get the user's attention from their peripheral vision, and I rely on this functionality heavily so I don't miss important things...
  4. Change the accent color of windows 10 without activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the accent color of windows 10 without activation: I was wondering if there is a way to change the color tiles and button color of your windows without activating windows 10. I know that there is a way to change the taskbar colors using regedit, but is there any way to change the color tiles as well? submitted by...
  5. change color of the activity thingy in Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    change color of the activity thingy in Taskbar.: hey there, is there a way i can change this color? or does anyone knows in wich dll this graphic can be found? i really hate the green^^ 173092
  6. Is it possible to change active window color in dark mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change active window color in dark mode?: When I have a window active on my second monitor, a thin white line appears on the other monitor, and it's driving me nuts. When I changed to light-mode, the line disappears, but when I enable dark-mode (specifically default app color mode) the line shows up again. submitted...
  7. Windows color changed

Windows color changed: Hi so earlier i was cleaning my keyborad and didnt unplug. Once i was done with cleaning it i looked up and the whole screen had turned black removed my wallpaper changed the taskbar to black with the divider lines extra bold. colors also switched on the arrows for the...
  8. Color Change

Color Change: Can the G7 15 keyboard change from blue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-change/72870433-7648-4f6a-9123-7edbd51f3144
  9. Windows Defender always active?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender always active?: How can I deactivate Win Defender for good? I use Avira, but sometimes I get "Win Def needs attention" or such. How can I tell my PC that I use a different scanner?...
  10. Window Color Changes

Window Color Changes: Since downloading and installing the 10/2 updates, my windows have been changing colors. They're normally a blue/grey scheme, but when I hover over a link or button, the colors brighten, and it shifts to a brownish scheme. I've only noticed this on Chrome and Office...