Windows 10: Active window randomly loses focus

Discus and support Active window randomly loses focus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On the new computer I got about 2 months ago, the window I am using sometimes loses focus at random. I can be typing something and then suddenly it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by allam447635, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Active window randomly loses focus

On the new computer I got about 2 months ago, the window I am using sometimes loses focus at random. I can be typing something and then suddenly it will stop accepting my input and make a sound, or I could be scrolling and suddenly it would stop. I can't even play Minecraft for 15 minutes without the game going ahead and pausing by itself because of this. And before you say it's a Windows issue, this never happened on the computer I'm typing this on (which is the one I did all my other posts on), meaning it's something on the computer.
    Sometimes, the culprit is obvious (and it's McAfee), but most of the time this happens, it's completely out of the blue. This is so annoying. What can I do?

:)

allam447635, Oct 15, 2018
  2. leMecZTec Win User

Windows lose focus

When my Cingular 8125 is connected to my Vista Ultimate 64-bit machine, opened windows randomly lose focus. Whatever application is active will suddenly go inactive, as if I [alt][tab]'d off it. The issue immediately clears up as soon as I disconnect the
    pocket pc. The issue is annoying as I will be typing in some text control, then the app loses focus, then it regains focus and all text in the field automatically highlights and is overwritten with the next keystroke. Any ideas?

BTW, the version of Window Mobile Device Center is current.

leMecZTec, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds

This focus issue is making it nearly impossible to type anything continually. Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds, pausing and not typing what I've typed. I can't live with this- any suggestions?

MaryABuchan, Oct 15, 2018
  4. leMecZTec Win User

Active window randomly loses focus

Windows lose focus

Absolutely! Even when trying to navigate to applications from the Start button, it will lose focus and close. I have to be very quick to open up an app before the Start menu closes.

With only Mobile Center open, I can watch it go "active" / "inactive" / "active" / "inactive", etc. I'm thinking it will have to do with the way windows is polling the device for changes.

leMecZTec, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Active window randomly loses focus

1. Active window randomly loses focus - Similar Threads - Active window randomly

2. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  3. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  4. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  5. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  6. Games losing focus at random times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games losing focus at random times: I'm playing a game when at random times it suddenly alt tabs for half a second and then goes back right after and I have to click in the game to control it. I used a focus logger but it didn't detect anything. Has anyone else experienced this? If I remember correctly this...
  7. Mouse keeps losing focus of active window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse keeps losing focus of active window: Getting super annoying, so what's happening for example is if I'm playing league of legends, or browsing the internet, watching youtube etc the window will become unfocused, requiring me to click inside the window again. This is especially annoying while gaming. I've tried...
  8. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...
  9. Active Window Loses Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Window Loses Focus: Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've...
  10. Losing focus on top window

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus on top window: Strange thing has been happening since, I believe last Patch Tuesday (6/09). Context menus and message boxes don't stay "focused" (on top) if I move the cursor out of the window. Can hover/click on taskbar icon to get back on screen, but as soon as I move the cursor, it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 window loses focus

2. curretn application win10 loses focus seconds

3. windows 10 looses focus in window

4. hitbox on computer loses focus,
  5. active window loses focus windows 10,
  6. autocad losing focus in windows,
  7. lose focus windows 10,
  8. cursor loses focus after typing about 3 characters,
  9. keyboard cursor loses focus after a few strokes w10,
  10. windows randomly lose focus,
  11. active window sometimes lose focus