Windows 10: "active window" with a new product key

Discus and support "active window" with a new product key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My sony laptop was Automatically updetaed from Window 8 top 8.1, After that, computer alway ask "active window" with a new product key. Where and how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by flx15455, Aug 7, 2022.

1. flx15455 Win User

"active window" with a new product key

My sony laptop was Automatically updetaed from Window 8 top 8.1, After that, computer alway ask "active window" with a new product key. Where and how can I get the key? thank you!

:)

flx15455, Aug 7, 2022
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

Changing the product key to the generic Windows 10 product key will reset activation to the standard retail channel for activation. It might just activate (if there was a previous digital license for Windows 10 for that computer established with Microsoft). Once Windows 10 is back on the retail activation channel, then more than likely changing the product key to the Windows 8 product key using the same method may work.

NavyLCDR, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Aug 7, 2022
  4. L Burgo Win User

New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

Hi and thanks DaveM121 for the prompt reply.

I followed the instructions supplied by the DELL email but in the end Windows would not automatically activate. I just found an answer by following this below google result instructions:

Find Windows 10 Product Key on a New Computer

1. Press Windows key + X.
    2. Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    3. At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation.

I copied the key and entered it into the option to change product key (not that one was entered as it said it was inactive in red text). FWIW, I never got a product key in any form suggested by the problem solving suggestions
    wormhole link I found in Settings. Apologies if this is a basic newbie issue. It has been doing my head in for the last couple of hours.

Anyway, greatly appreciate your time. Thanks again DaveM121.

L Burgo, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

1. "active window" with a new product key - Similar Threads - active window product

2. "active window" with a new product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "active window" with a new product key: My sony laptop was Automatically updetaed from Window 8 top 8.1, After that, computer alway ask "active window" with a new product key. Where and how can I get the key? thank you!...
  3. Windows activation product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation product key: What is the product key of ID 00331-10000-00001-AA587? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-product-key/3733dbd9-2c54-485b-b462-cfbc6d5dc219
  4. Windows Activation, No Product Key

Windows Activation, No Product Key: Hi, I have only had my laptop for a year and I have turned it on to find windows has uninstalled. The laptop came with Windows 10 already installed, so I do not have a product key. I have tried trouble shooting with an error showing up. Does anyone know what to do?...
  5. Activation key in a new product

Activation key in a new product: I currently have a Windows 10 Home key linked to my Microsoft Accout and I just bought a new computer with a new activation key. If I log in with the same Microsoft Account what happens to the key in my old computer?...
  6. a new key product to activate my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    a new key product to activate my pc: i need to know how to get a new key product https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-new-key-product-to-activate-my-pc/b83c0848-0c90-4d70-8190-13ba9db68a38
  7. Activation of Windows/ Product Key

Activation of Windows/ Product Key: I just bought this PC from a neighbor and reset it and now trying to activate windows, it was working fine before. I found the Product key and put it in and then error code 0xC004C003 popped up and said its not vaild :/ is there a way to fix this? Please and thank you :...
  8. require new product key to activate windows

require new product key to activate windows: i have lost my old product key.so,i request you to please provide me new product so that i can activate my windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-new-product-key-to-activate-windows/ea904d19-467c-4814-b9aa-c1c1cae3e7f9
  9. Windows Activation Product Key

Windows Activation Product Key: If I don't have a product key or digital license, what do I need to do to find or acquire a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-product-key/46bfbc55-901e-47d7-9db2-1470b57edb6f"
  10. Windows Activation Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activation Product Key: Hello I cannot Activate My Windows It will Expire ON OCT 21,2018 And I cannot Find my Product Key I have just bought my Laptop this Month Please Help me Thankyou!!!...