Windows 10: Active Windows disappear

Discus and support Active Windows disappear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am extremely frustrated with my new laptop. When I click on a window to make it active, it buries itself instead. I have to try like 15 times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 10 Girl, Apr 15, 2016.

1. 10 Girl Win User

Active Windows disappear

Hello. I am extremely frustrated with my new laptop. When I click on a window to make it active, it buries itself instead. I have to try like 15 times to get Cortina to stay open and on top, as well as many other program windows. I try using Task view and for instance yesterday I was trying to look something up for someone I was on the phone with in Excel, and it just WOULD NOT stay up and open. When I am working in Publisher or Word, and I go to the view tab to switch windows to another file or tile the files, it WILL NOT WORK. When a dialogue box pops up that requires attention, like pressing the Allow button, I can'tell press it. Simply trying to touch it with the cursor makes the whole active window disappear and bury itself. When I try to get it back with Task view it doesn't work. I am extremely frustrated. I can'tell be productive and get work done!

:)

10 Girl, Apr 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 upgrade problem

Windows 10 icon just disappeared and it said that its not active and will appear once it is active.

Chitra Kumar Sai, Apr 15, 2016
  3. rcurry01 Win User
    Keyboard stops intermittently

I am having an identical problem with a Lenovo Yoga 2. They keyboard and mouse will both intermittently stop working. The curser actually disappears from the screen. It is like the active window de-activates. If I pull down a drop down menu, it will
    disappear after a few seconds as the window de-activates and re-activates again. I then have to do the pull down again. It makes using the internet next to impossible.

rcurry01, Apr 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Active Windows disappear

Hi, presumably you've upgraded from '7 to '10.

It sounds as though sthg may be conflicting with Windows normal operation.

Please try the following:

Create a System Restore point so you can reverse all changes easily (note: in Win 10 S Restore is disabled by default)

then

a. Do a clean boot:
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums

then if the symptom is still present after a clean boot and while still in a clean boot
    b.
    Download and install Shellexview (free- just search)
    Install, run, hide all MS items. (Disabling them makes life hard).
    Disable all others.
    See if your symptom persists.
    Note in x64 Windows, there is also a 32 bit option in Shellexview
    Use that and disable more.
    See if your symptom persists.

If at any stage your symptom disappears, progressively reverse the changes until you identify a cause.

Finally, noting the cause, and checking for any second cause for completeness, use your system restore point to get back to where yuo were originally.

If you have identified a cause, now take appropriate action (e.g. disable a shell extension, uninstall a program.....)

Good luck!

dalchina, Apr 15, 2016
Thema:

Active Windows disappear

1. Active Windows disappear - Similar Threads - Active disappear

2. Windows 11 Pro activation disappeared after updating the BIOS on a brand-new machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro activation disappeared after updating the BIOS on a brand-new machine.: In Dec 2023 I purchased a new PC with preinstalled Windows 11 Pro, and it was properly activated after the OOBE installation.The activation disappeared after I updated the BIOS. I could not find any way to get it reactivated other than purchasing a new license from MS...
  3. Windows 11 Pro activation disappeared after updating the BIOS on a brand-new machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro activation disappeared after updating the BIOS on a brand-new machine.: In Dec 2023 I purchased a new PC with preinstalled Windows 11 Pro, and it was properly activated after the OOBE installation.The activation disappeared after I updated the BIOS. I could not find any way to get it reactivated other than purchasing a new license from MS...
  4. My search bar on Windows 11 disappears as soon as I activate voice typing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar on Windows 11 disappears as soon as I activate voice typing.: On Windows 11 what I want to search for something I click on the search bar and get the normal cursor there. As soon as I press Win- H To activate voice typing the search bar goes away and I can't see what I am saying....
  5. My search bar on Windows 11 disappears as soon as I activate voice typing.

My search bar on Windows 11 disappears as soon as I activate voice typing.: On Windows 11 what I want to search for something I click on the search bar and get the normal cursor there. As soon as I press Win- H To activate voice typing the search bar goes away and I can't see what I am saying....
  6. My windows 7 professional activation disappeared despite the fact it has been serving for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 7 professional activation disappeared despite the fact it has been serving for...: Trying to insert and input the key from the sticker I every time receive such a "beautiful" notice that this key is locked by mIcrosoft...Since their support service doesn't even reply to me I address to those who can practically settle the issue because for me it's so...
  7. My windows 7 professional activation disappeared despite the fact it has been serving for...

My windows 7 professional activation disappeared despite the fact it has been serving for...: Trying to insert and input the key from the sticker I every time receive such a "beautiful" notice that this key is locked by mIcrosoft...Since their support service doesn't even reply to me I address to those who can practically settle the issue because for me it's so...
  8. My Virus & Threat protector has disappeared and I can't get it back "No active antivirus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Virus & Threat protector has disappeared and I can't get it back "No active antivirus...: I turned off my threat protector for a second to install a mod for something, I went to turn it back on and it said that an organization is managing it even though it isn't since I checked....
  9. My Virus & Threat protector has disappeared and I can't get it back "No active antivirus...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Virus & Threat protector has disappeared and I can't get it back "No active antivirus...: I turned off my threat protector for a second to install a mod for something, I went to turn it back on and it said that an organization is managing it even though it isn't since I checked....
  10. My Virus & Threat protector has disappeared and I can't get it back "No active antivirus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows disappear as I try to click on them