Windows 10: Active Windows disappear

Discus and support Active Windows disappear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am extremely frustrated with my new laptop. When I click on a window to make it active, it buries itself instead. I have to try like 15 times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 10 Girl, Apr 15, 2016.

1. 10 Girl Win User

Active Windows disappear

Hello. I am extremely frustrated with my new laptop. When I click on a window to make it active, it buries itself instead. I have to try like 15 times to get Cortina to stay open and on top, as well as many other program windows. I try using Task view and for instance yesterday I was trying to look something up for someone I was on the phone with in Excel, and it just WOULD NOT stay up and open. When I am working in Publisher or Word, and I go to the view tab to switch windows to another file or tile the files, it WILL NOT WORK. When a dialogue box pops up that requires attention, like pressing the Allow button, I can'tell press it. Simply trying to touch it with the cursor makes the whole active window disappear and bury itself. When I try to get it back with Task view it doesn't work. I am extremely frustrated. I can'tell be productive and get work done!

:)

10 Girl, Apr 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 upgrade problem

Windows 10 icon just disappeared and it said that its not active and will appear once it is active.

Chitra Kumar Sai, Apr 15, 2016
  3. rcurry01 Win User
    Keyboard stops intermittently

I am having an identical problem with a Lenovo Yoga 2. They keyboard and mouse will both intermittently stop working. The curser actually disappears from the screen. It is like the active window de-activates. If I pull down a drop down menu, it will
    disappear after a few seconds as the window de-activates and re-activates again. I then have to do the pull down again. It makes using the internet next to impossible.

rcurry01, Apr 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Active Windows disappear

Hi, presumably you've upgraded from '7 to '10.

It sounds as though sthg may be conflicting with Windows normal operation.

Please try the following:

Create a System Restore point so you can reverse all changes easily (note: in Win 10 S Restore is disabled by default)

then

a. Do a clean boot:
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums

then if the symptom is still present after a clean boot and while still in a clean boot
    b.
    Download and install Shellexview (free- just search)
    Install, run, hide all MS items. (Disabling them makes life hard).
    Disable all others.
    See if your symptom persists.
    Note in x64 Windows, there is also a 32 bit option in Shellexview
    Use that and disable more.
    See if your symptom persists.

If at any stage your symptom disappears, progressively reverse the changes until you identify a cause.

Finally, noting the cause, and checking for any second cause for completeness, use your system restore point to get back to where yuo were originally.

If you have identified a cause, now take appropriate action (e.g. disable a shell extension, uninstall a program.....)

Good luck!

dalchina, Apr 15, 2016
Thema:

Active Windows disappear

1. Active Windows disappear - Similar Threads - Active disappear

2. Activating Windows after Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows after Hardware Change: My old PC's motherboard stopped working so I went to a PC store to upgrade my PC's motherboard and CPU I am currently unable to re-activate my Windows via Troubleshoot. I read online and found out that I was supposed to link my Microsoft Account with the Digital License....
  3. problem with activation windows- error (0x87e10bc6)

problem with activation windows- error (0x87e10bc6): Hello, i have problem with windows 10 activation , i tried with troubleshooting but still get error (0x87e10bc6) , whats the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-activation-windows-error-0x87e10bc6/d9e2761f-0268-4fa6-b50e-80d654efac8c"
  4. Windows Pro Activation Error

Windows Pro Activation Error: Help me. I am having an issue activating my windows 10 pro. The error code is 0xC004C003. Please check the screenshot everytime I click troubleshoot button.[IMG]...
  5. windows activation

windows activation: windows 10 is asking about my organization??? and a product # I don't have this is used laptop that I did factory reset on and windows was working fine until last night....
  6. Windows 10 Key won't activate with the error 0xc0000022

Windows 10 Key won't activate with the error 0xc0000022: Windows 10 Key won't activate with the error 0xc0000022 I've been stuck with this problem for a few days and is really getting on my nerves. after the last update The key I had deactivated fyi it was new and original and I went to buy a new one and found out that I'm still...
  7. My activity log has disappeared!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My activity log has disappeared!: my activity log only shows todays log ins... why is this and how can i get hold of all of my previous logins? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-activity-log-has-disappeared/79c103ed-3fe4-473e-86ae-7129adac89e4"
  8. Active program window 'disappears' when mouse is clicked....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active program window 'disappears' when mouse is clicked....: Hello everyone, I have been asked by a colleague to look at a rather strange issue with her PC terminal, where the active window will disappear behind other open windows when the mouse is clicked. For instance, if several windows are open such as Chrome, outlook & file...
  9. Quick CMD-Prompt pops up and disappears - Related to Activation Key..?

Quick CMD-Prompt pops up and disappears - Related to Activation Key..?: Noticed when I install a fresh copy of Windows 10 Creators Update and don't have the computer connected to the network / internet... When the PC starts and logs in to the desktop I notice one or sometimes two CMD Prompt-like Windows quickly appear and disappear on the...
  10. 1703 Phone activation disappeared

1703 Phone activation disappeared: Hi, i have recently installed 1703 distribution to my old pc from scratch (original windows7pro, upgraded to 1611 with digital license) after broken the original hard disk drive, replaced with a new one. I have a big problem with automatic activation: with 1611 release was...