Windows 10: Active windows wildly zooming in and out, keyboard commands activated at random while typing

Discus and support Active windows wildly zooming in and out, keyboard commands activated at random while typing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday, while installing Nvidia's new Game Ready driver on my Windows 10 PC, I started experiencing some serious problems. I have sent a help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Timberdoodles, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Active windows wildly zooming in and out, keyboard commands activated at random while typing

Yesterday, while installing Nvidia's new Game Ready driver on my Windows 10 PC, I started experiencing some serious problems. I have sent a help request to Nvidia as well, but think the timing may have been coincidence, so am also posting here. Programs with any kind of zoom function e.g., Chrome, Discord began wildly zooming in and out when selected as the active window. I thought maybe it was a mouse issue, so I switched off my wireless mouse, but the problem persisted. Meanwhile, in Pidgin an instant messenger program, my font size started fluctuating wildly as I typed, and sometimes when I hit a key, a command would be executed instead of a letter being typed.

After about 6 restarts including a couple hard reboots where I just held the power button down, the problems seemed to simply go away. I ran scans with Avast and Malwarebytes, just to be sure, and everything came back clean. Hooray! I thought, perhaps my troubles are over! Sadly, I was terribly mistaken.

My PC goes into sleep mode after 4 hours. This morning I woke up, woke up my PC, logged back in with my PIN, and the exact same issues are back - the wild zooming, the font size fluctuations, the random keyboard commands. It has made my PC essentially unusable. At the moment I'm retrying repeated restarts, but I don't know if it will work again, and, if like this morning, the issue will simply pop back up once more.

My PC has the most recent Windows update, and, so far as I am aware, does not need any drivers updated.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone know what is causing this, and how tomake it stop?

:)

Timberdoodles, Feb 28, 2020

2. Windows Activation?

Windows will do this if it detects a significant (their word, questionable use) hardware change, and will ask you to reactivate.

After a key has been activated X number of times, you will have to call to activate it.

Couple of tips for the phone call: You can use your keypad, and when they're telling you keys, instead of saying "Repeat that" and "Continue" type 1 and 2. With these tips, that activation call will only last you about 4 and a half minutes.

DanishDevil, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Microsoft Activation

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. How did you install Windows 10 before performing the Reset?
    2. Which edition of Windows are you trying to activate?

Step 1: Check the Status of the Windows Activation

1. Open the Run command (Windows Key + R Key)
    2. Type in ‘Control system’ and hit ‘Enter’.
    3. Check the status.
    4. Let us if you see ‘Windows is activated’ on System Properties Window.

If the Windows is not activated, try to activate with the product key.

Windows product key is a 25-character code used to activate Windows

Step 2: Activate with the Windows 10 product key

1. Open the run command (Windows key + R Key)
    2. Type in “Slui 3” and click on ‘Activate’ and then check the status of issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 28, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Active windows wildly zooming in and out, keyboard commands activated at random while typing

Windows activation . . .

In the Windows activation status page is it still showing as activated, or do you have something like 3 days to do it in?

qubit, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Active windows wildly zooming in and out, keyboard commands activated at random while typing

1. Active windows wildly zooming in and out, keyboard commands activated at random while typing - Similar Threads - Active wildly zooming

2. help - Random zooming in out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help - Random zooming in out: several days ago every screen will randomly zoom in out. restart does not fix the issue. email, Browser, Photoshop,etc.It's random, so If all USB is unplugged then repluged, it does not help, but sometimes it "settles down for a few min, then gets so bad like now trying to...
  3. help - Random zooming in out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help - Random zooming in out: several days ago every screen will randomly zoom in out. restart does not fix the issue. email, Browser, Photoshop,etc.It's random, so If all USB is unplugged then repluged, it does not help, but sometimes it "settles down for a few min, then gets so bad like now trying to...
  4. help - Random zooming in out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Suspicios Command Activity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicios Command Activity.: Hi Team,Greetings for the day.Can any one please tell me what this below suspicious command do?C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe "C:\Windows\System32\SyncAppvPublishingServer.vbs" "n; $a = Get-Content "C:\Windows\logs\system-logs.txt" Select -Index 17033;iex $a;hackbacktrack...
  6. Suspicios Command Activity.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicios Command Activity.: Hi Team,Greetings for the day.Can any one please tell me what this below suspicious command do?C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe "C:\Windows\System32\SyncAppvPublishingServer.vbs" "n; $a = Get-Content "C:\Windows\logs\system-logs.txt" Select -Index 17033;iex $a;hackbacktrack...
  7. Logitech keyboard cutting out while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech keyboard cutting out while typing: My Logitech keyboard frequently stops working for 3-5 seconds while I'm typing. I've tried different things, like switching batteries and other things, but the solution is still ineffective....
  8. Logitech keyboard cutting out while typing

Logitech keyboard cutting out while typing: My Logitech keyboard frequently stops working for 3-5 seconds while I'm typing. I've tried different things, like switching batteries and other things, but the solution is still ineffective....
  9. Windows randomly not activated

Windows randomly not activated: Hello, been scratching my head for a while trying to figure this out. I've had this pc for about 5-6 years and out of the blue around the first of June my windows popped up saying it was not activated. I was getting the following error "Something interrupted our...
  10. Windows 10 randomly zooming in and out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly zooming in and out: Yesterday, as I was using Google Docs, my browser began to periodically zoom in and out for a few seconds before stopping. I chalked it up to an issue with Chrome, but it began happening with Discord as well. Using the OSK reveals that no keys are stuck. I reinstalled my...