Windows 10: Activesync and contacts on iPhone

Discus and support Activesync and contacts on iPhone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to figure out an issue where a user enters a contact on their iPhone and it never syncs to their contact list on Exchange/Outlook. If they put a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Z0nker, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Z0nker Win User

Activesync and contacts on iPhone

Trying to figure out an issue where a user enters a contact on their iPhone and it never syncs to their contact list on Exchange/Outlook. If they put a contact in their contacts list in Outlook it syncs to the iPhone just fine. If it is put on their iPhone it doesn't sync back to Outlook. It is using activesync and I can't find any information on whether it is supposed to sync back to Outlook.

Any ideas are welcome!

:)

Z0nker, Feb 1, 2019
  2. vivitree Win User

My iPhone can't sync the contacts to Mac

have you tried importing the contacts form the phone to google contacts then syncing then exporting them from there to a file on the computer then importing that into the address book
    or you can also go through the info page in itunes for your phone and sync contacts from the phone to the computer that way by checking the box that says sync contact to then select address book
    There is a step by step instruction on How to transfer iPhone contacts to my iMac. Hope it can do you a favor.

vivitree, Feb 1, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Activesync and contacts on iPhone

Moving iPhone contacts to Windows Phone (with contact pictures)

Pending any better suggestions, I do notice on the iPhone you can tap and hold the contact picture and it will allow you to copy it. You can then paste into an email, a document, something, and transfer that. Yea that is tedious and annoying, but it is an
    option.

Can you get the contacts into Outlook some way? Change itunes to sync with Outlook perhaps. You should be able to sync Windows Live using the Outlook Connector. If the iPhone Contacts sync to a different contact list in Outlook, you can do a mass copy and
    paste into the Windows Live contact list. Or, once the pictures are in Outlook contacts, you should also be able to copy and paste the pictures into another contact. This should be easier, I know. I even tried e-mailing a contact vcf from my iPhone to my
    WP, and everything came but the picture..darn.

I had been using Outlook before my iPhone, and then just sync'd the iPhone via cable. When I got the WP, I connected it to Windows Live, Copied my Outlook contacts into my Live Connector contacts and pointed the WP at Live. Switched the iPhone to do the
    same. It's been heavenly since, with all devices in sync automatically, painlessly.

Edit: Julie is probably right about the connector and syncing pictures. I have pictures in Live and Outlook, but have forgotten how they got there. Not sure there is a Exchange account limit for iPhone, but it does segregate the contacts like WP. So connecting
    the iPhone may just add another contact list that reflects what's in Windows Live. Don't see a way to copy iPhone/iCloud contacts to another list

Sven Johannsen, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Activesync and contacts on iPhone

1. Activesync and contacts on iPhone - Similar Threads - Activesync contacts iPhone

2. Notes field in some Contacts in Exchange / Outlook / ActiveSync lost most text in a few...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notes field in some Contacts in Exchange / Outlook / ActiveSync lost most text in a few...: A few months ago I migrated our Exchange to a new provider with a good and long-standing reputation. No issues so far -- except one.I recently noticed that in the Notes field for a certain Contact, most of the lengthy text that was in there has disappeared, leaving only the...
  3. Contacts for desktop versus Contacts on an iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contacts for desktop versus Contacts on an iPhone: Can anything be done to bring the desktop version of Contacts to the same level of sophistication as Contacts on an iPhone? The iPhone version has the clever, and helpful "lists" facility and is just all-round more user friendly...
  4. Contacts for desktop versus Contacts on an iPhone

Contacts for desktop versus Contacts on an iPhone: Can anything be done to bring the desktop version of Contacts to the same level of sophistication as Contacts on an iPhone? The iPhone version has the clever, and helpful "lists" facility and is just all-round more user friendly...
  5. copy contacts from iphone to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy contacts from iphone to pc: What is the best method to transfer files from an iPhone 8 plus to my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-contacts-from-iphone-to-pc/e0c1ddb3-0b29-4822-b99e-d1e6eb333133
  6. copy contacts from iphone to pc

copy contacts from iphone to pc: What is the best method to transfer files from an iPhone 8 plus to my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-contacts-from-iphone-to-pc/e0c1ddb3-0b29-4822-b99e-d1e6eb333133
  7. activesync

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    activesync: - I can copy all the files off my 3.5 disk drive to my C drive windows 10, except this one FEA.DBE. The disk was created about 1994.Any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activesync/864ed73f-4774-4d3c-91f9-17e3aeda9237
  8. Contacts from laptop to iPad or iphone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contacts from laptop to iPad or iphone: I have a laptop with my gmail account where I have some group labels that I would use very frequently. My gmails show up under mail on my ipad and iphone but when I write an email off of my iphone or ipad, the labels will never show up. How can I get them to show?...
  9. exchange activesync

in Browsers and Email
    exchange activesync: After I installed the new build, at windows startup ta appearing exchange activesync policies window broker ' or not, and when I'm going to add an email from hotmail in mail app pops up this same window and the error when adding the email with the code 0x80040b0b. [img]...
  10. One contacts database for both iPhone and email?

One contacts database for both iPhone and email?: My "contacts" database for email (Thunderbird/Gmail) contains hundreds of email addresses. My iPhone contacts list is something that has been constructed over the years by using the phone, and is different from my email contacts. Roughly 75% of the individuals are the same,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activesync windows and iphone

2. iphone contacts sycn with active sync