Windows 10: Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license?

Discus and support Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store app. There seems to be something seriously wrong with the digital license... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by QuentinSimms, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license?

Hello,

I purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store app. There seems to be something seriously wrong with the digital license that I received, however.

Windows is not activated on my home PC now. It was working just fine with Windows 10 Home edition, but ever since I purchased this Pro upgrade it is as if neither license exists anymore. In Settings > Activation, I am getting "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you have a valid digital license or key, select troubleshoot below. Error Code: 0x803F7001". Troubleshoot does not help, I just get "Troubleshooting has completed. We can't activate your copy of Windows."

So I tried to find more information about what I actually purchased. I have emails confirming my purchase of Windows 10 Home for $189 + tax and the Windows 10 Pro upgrade for $130 + tax, and they are both in my Microsoft Account Order History. But if I try to click on one of the orders for more details, then I am sent to a 404. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/windows-10-pro/bf712690pl0g/0002 is the address that I am sent to, and it says:

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.​

The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.​

I was hoping to be redirected to a page where perhaps I could perhaps re-download the license, or find a product code associated with it, or find something that could possibly help. Instead, Microsoft sent me to a broken link. It's the same story when I click on the Windows 10 Home edition that I ordered last year. It's as if these orders have been lost by Microsoft.

And that's not the only dead end that I've reached. The Microsoft Store app is just as broken. If I navigate to the Upgrade to Pro page, I find a link that says "You're running non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retail. Get Genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retail" This is strange in itself, because this is on the Upgrade to Pro page. I don't want Enterprise edition, I want Pro. But this is the only clickable link on the page. Following the link takes me to a page that says nothing but: "We're not sure how you got here, but you can't buy this verion of Windows 10". Ahhh!

What is going on? And what can I do about it? I'm not even sure whether this is an issue with my PC, or my Microsoft Account, or both. Perhaps I should get customer and sales service involved, because I payed for something and did not receive what I wanted in return. I would be happy just to get my money back, and go back to using Windows 10 Home edition again. Any guidance is very much appreciated, because I am very unsure how to continue.

:)

QuentinSimms, Jun 9, 2019
  2. ney2x Win User

Microsoft Sells 40 Million Windows 8 Licenses

Microsoft Sells 40 Million Windows 8 Licenses

Stardock Sells 80 Million Start8 Licenses *Big Grin Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license? :D

ney2x, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Sell a Laptop with Windows 10 License.

Hey ,

I'd like to sell my laptop , including the Windows 10 license on It. Do you have any suggestions how to do it?

StoyanSpasov, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Rataan Win User

Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license?

Selling PC with Windows license

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I want to sell a PC to my brother and I want the Windows license to go with it. I have all the parts for a replacement PC that I will build in a few days and for that I will buy a new Windows license. I guess the
    questions I have are:

1. How do I transfer a Windows license to another person, or is that possible with current licensing rules? The hardware that the license runs on would be the same, just a different person. I don't know if he has a Microsoft account, but we can set one up
      if necessary. This license was originally bought as Windows 7 and then converted to a Windows 10 license. I don't remember if it was an OEM or retail copy or if that is important.
    2. Since I'm building another PC which will need a Windows license, would it just be easier to transfer the license I currently own to the new PC and buy a new license for my brother? In that case, the license would stay with the same person (me) and the same
      Microsoft account, but will run on all new hardware.

Rataan, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license?

1. Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license? - Similar Threads - Activitation Issue Did

2. Digital License issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital License issue: I upgraded my windows 8.1 to win 10 now I reinstall a new version of Windows 10 because changing my HDD to SSD, I lost my Digital License and I don't remember what was the version of my windows (home or pro), and unfortunately, I didn't connect my License with a Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft Licensing

Microsoft Licensing: Good morning. Over a month ago, I received a call. I didn't answer it because I don't recognized the number. It had a 855 area code. I got a voicemail stating my last four digits of my social security number and its says I need to immediately renew my Windows license key. I...
  4. Selling my PC but want to keep my license

Selling my PC but want to keep my license: So I have windows 10 pro, I plan on resetting this pc and selling it without my windows 10 license or in other words take it back, how do I do that? In what order? Thank you...
  5. Licensing issues suggestion.

Licensing issues suggestion.: This is a suggestion for microsoft to think about, back when windows 10 was launched i was one who took advantage, i upgraded 3 windows 7 ultimate licenses and 2 8.1 pro licenses. recently one of my pc failed it was a 1366 chipset board and as such i was unable to repair it...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Activition

Windows 10 Pro Activition: When I try to active my windows by change Produce code or Troubleshoot it doesn't work and show message that I can't connect to my Organization's activation server with error code 0xC004F074. (I Entered W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX code and it doesn't work) Please...
  7. Selling PC with Windows license

Selling PC with Windows license: I'm sure this has been asked before, but I want to sell a PC to my brother and I want the Windows license to go with it. I have all the parts for a replacement PC that I will build in a few days and for that I will buy a new Windows license. I guess the questions I have are:...
  8. license Issues

license Issues: the windows keep saying your windows license is expiring soon, why is that happening? mu computer s activated with windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-issues/8a9af930-6b02-49ac-947a-73742c13b763"
  9. Windows Activitation Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activitation Failed: Hello y'all ! I'm sorry, but I'm having a technical problem, please can anyone help me that I can't activate my windows . The last update of windows its saying that its cant be achieved, after many tries it has been updated, since 4 - oct - 2018, although it saying to me...
  10. Microsoft employee selling my info.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft employee selling my info.: Yesterday i received technical help from Microsoft Support. Today I got a phone call from a man trying to sell me something, or maybe trying to hack my computer, and he said he got my name and phone number from the tech guy at Microsoft, implying that he also works at...