Windows 10: Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license?

Discus and support Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store app. There seems to be something seriously wrong with the digital license... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by QuentinSimms, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license?

Hello,

I purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store app. There seems to be something seriously wrong with the digital license that I received, however.

Windows is not activated on my home PC now. It was working just fine with Windows 10 Home edition, but ever since I purchased this Pro upgrade it is as if neither license exists anymore. In Settings > Activation, I am getting "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you have a valid digital license or key, select troubleshoot below. Error Code: 0x803F7001". Troubleshoot does not help, I just get "Troubleshooting has completed. We can't activate your copy of Windows."

So I tried to find more information about what I actually purchased. I have emails confirming my purchase of Windows 10 Home for $189 + tax and the Windows 10 Pro upgrade for $130 + tax, and they are both in my Microsoft Account Order History. But if I try to click on one of the orders for more details, then I am sent to a 404. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/windows-10-pro/bf712690pl0g/0002 is the address that I am sent to, and it says:

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.​

The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.​

I was hoping to be redirected to a page where perhaps I could perhaps re-download the license, or find a product code associated with it, or find something that could possibly help. Instead, Microsoft sent me to a broken link. It's the same story when I click on the Windows 10 Home edition that I ordered last year. It's as if these orders have been lost by Microsoft.

And that's not the only dead end that I've reached. The Microsoft Store app is just as broken. If I navigate to the Upgrade to Pro page, I find a link that says "You're running non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retail. Get Genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retail" This is strange in itself, because this is on the Upgrade to Pro page. I don't want Enterprise edition, I want Pro. But this is the only clickable link on the page. Following the link takes me to a page that says nothing but: "We're not sure how you got here, but you can't buy this verion of Windows 10". Ahhh!

What is going on? And what can I do about it? I'm not even sure whether this is an issue with my PC, or my Microsoft Account, or both. Perhaps I should get customer and sales service involved, because I payed for something and did not receive what I wanted in return. I would be happy just to get my money back, and go back to using Windows 10 Home edition again. Any guidance is very much appreciated, because I am very unsure how to continue.

:)

QuentinSimms, Jun 9, 2019
  2. ney2x Win User

Microsoft Sells 40 Million Windows 8 Licenses

Microsoft Sells 40 Million Windows 8 Licenses

Stardock Sells 80 Million Start8 Licenses *Big Grin Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license? :D

ney2x, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Sell a Laptop with Windows 10 License.

Hey ,

I'd like to sell my laptop , including the Windows 10 license on It. Do you have any suggestions how to do it?

StoyanSpasov, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Rataan Win User

Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license?

Selling PC with Windows license

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I want to sell a PC to my brother and I want the Windows license to go with it. I have all the parts for a replacement PC that I will build in a few days and for that I will buy a new Windows license. I guess the
    questions I have are:

1. How do I transfer a Windows license to another person, or is that possible with current licensing rules? The hardware that the license runs on would be the same, just a different person. I don't know if he has a Microsoft account, but we can set one up
      if necessary. This license was originally bought as Windows 7 and then converted to a Windows 10 license. I don't remember if it was an OEM or retail copy or if that is important.
    2. Since I'm building another PC which will need a Windows license, would it just be easier to transfer the license I currently own to the new PC and buy a new license for my brother? In that case, the license would stay with the same person (me) and the same
      Microsoft account, but will run on all new hardware.

Rataan, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license?

1. Activitation Issue - Did Microsoft sell me a corrupted license? - Similar Threads - Activitation Issue Did

2. did microsoft erase me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    did microsoft erase me: i no longer get ANY feedback on ANY POST i do. i believe microsoft. after telling me what i say is...something went wrong this seems to be a hate speech this seems to be profanity this is against the community guidelines the endless list of reasons what i say cant be posted....
  3. did microsoft erase me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    did microsoft erase me: i no longer get ANY feedback on ANY POST i do. i believe microsoft. after telling me what i say is...something went wrong this seems to be a hate speech this seems to be profanity this is against the community guidelines the endless list of reasons what i say cant be posted....
  4. Sell or exchange Windows 8.1 license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sell or exchange Windows 8.1 license: While cleaning out a closet, I found an unused set of install CDs for Windows 8.1 Pro. Can I resell this license or exchange for credit at the Microsoft Store?Derek...
  5. Sell or exchange Windows 8.1 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sell or exchange Windows 8.1 license: While cleaning out a closet, I found an unused set of install CDs for Windows 8.1 Pro. Can I resell this license or exchange for credit at the Microsoft Store?Derek...
  6. signing on to activition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    signing on to activition?: why is it so hard to sign on to activition to play a free game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-on-to-activition/8ce39a13-9608-4c56-9880-8952d0115efc
  7. Does Microsoft store sell full license or OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does Microsoft store sell full license or OEM: I am looking to build a new pc and use windows 10. But the only place I feel safe buying keys is the Microsoft store. So when I buy and build my pc, I want to buy a key from the Microsoft store. But are the keys from Microsoft store full or are they OEM cause I plan on...
  8. Unlink license and microsoft account in order to sell the computer

Unlink license and microsoft account in order to sell the computer: Hello, could you please help me? I would like to know if it is possible to unlink my windows 10 license from my microsoft account and how because i need to sell my computer. Just to clarify: I want to sell my PC to somebody else WITH the windows license BUT WITHOUT my account...
  9. Activition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activition: how can i active my windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activition/bb533fba-da7a-4efa-93f0-c6f67e492971
  10. Selling PC with Windows license

Selling PC with Windows license: I'm sure this has been asked before, but I want to sell a PC to my brother and I want the Windows license to go with it. I have all the parts for a replacement PC that I will build in a few days and for that I will buy a new Windows license. I guess the questions I have are:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows-10-pro/bf712690pl0g/0002