Windows 10: actual contents more than double the size of contents downloaded

Discus and support actual contents more than double the size of contents downloaded in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today I witnessed a most peculiar event on my Laptop. I had completely emptied my Software Distribution Folder and restarted. The Laptop downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by junglee, Apr 2, 2019.

1. junglee Win User

actual contents more than double the size of contents downloaded

Today I witnessed a most peculiar event on my Laptop. I had completely emptied my Software Distribution Folder and restarted. The Laptop downloaded the insiders evaluation build 18356 The total size of the download was around 4.35 Gigabytes but the Software Distribution Folder that started empty became 9.30 Gigabytes.

From where have the the extra 4.95 Gigabytes come from?

:)

junglee, Apr 2, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Size Of contents etc change How to stop this?

Hi,

As per the issue description you are facing issue with the size of contents which get enlarged/reduced while scrolling the page up/down. This can be because of any of the following reasons:

• Incorrect mouse is selected in IntelliPoint software.
    • Conflict with other (non-Microsoft) mouse or pointer software,
    • Problem with the IntelliPoint software or drivers.
    • Application does not correctly recognize scrolling messages from the mouse.

I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Resolve problems with mouse button or scrolling settings

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 2, 2019
  4. actual contents more than double the size of contents downloaded

Content Advisor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

Since you are not able to enable your content advisor in internet explorer 11, please follow the given steps to troubleshoot.

STEP 1: Enable Content advisor

• Press Windows Key + R combination, type put
      gpedit.msc in Run dialog box and hit
      Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.

• Go to: User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Internet Control Panel -> Content Page

• At this stage, your Group Policy window would resemble the one shown above. Here double click on the policy
      Show Content Advisor on Internet Options and select
      Enabled and then click on Apply followed by
      OK. You may now close the Local Group Policy Editor window.

• Now press Windows Key + R, type
      inetcpl.cpl in the Run dialog box and hit
      Enter. Now switch to the Content tab in the window that follows immediately.

• For the Content Advisor subheading in
      Internet Properties window, click Enable. Provide the administrative privileges if required. Now in the following window, you can select what kind of filtering you need according to your requirements. Click
      Apply, OK when you’re done.

STEP 2: Select content rating levels

• On the Tools menu, click
      Internet Options, and then click the Content tab.

• In the Content Advisor area, click Settings.

• In the Password box, type your supervisor password, and then click
      OK.

• On the Ratings tab, select the
      Language, Nudity,
      , or Violence ratings category

• Drag the slider to the appropriate content level for the selected category. The default setting for each category is Level 0, which is the most restrictive setting.

STEP 3: configure the list of approved and disapproved Web sites

Internet Options, and then click the Content tab.

• In the Content Advisor area, click Settings.

OK.

• Click the Approved Sites tab

• Type the URL for each Web site that your users can view regardless of its rating level, and then click
      always.

Type the URL for each Web site that your users can never view regardless of its rating level, and then click
    Never

Note: If you want to delete an approved or disapproved Web site, click the URL in the list, and then click
    remove

Step 4: configure user options for content ratings

Internet Options
      , and then click the Content tab.

• In the Content Advisor area, click
      Settings.

OK.

• Click the General tab.

• In the User options area, select the settings you want.

By doing this you can block the web traffic you want. To further troubleshoot please refer the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd361897.aspx

Please let us know if the issue got resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet1709, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

actual contents more than double the size of contents downloaded

1. actual contents more than double the size of contents downloaded - Similar Threads - actual contents more

2. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  3. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  4. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to fix the email content's size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the email content's size?: Hello everyone, Recently, when I view an email within Windows Mail App the email body first will display normally, but when I scroll down through some places that display embedded graphics, the display will automatically enlarged and all the texts and graphics will be over...
  6. The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.: This is a frequent issue with my laptop. The used space is always greater than space actually acquired by the contents of the drive. There are no hidden files that might be acquiring the space. This usually happens the drive which is talked about above is E when I make a...
  7. The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.: [ATTACH] This is a frequent issue with my laptop. The used space is always greater than space actually acquired by the contents of the drive. There are no hidden files that might be acquiring the space. This usually happens ( the drive which is talked about above is E )...
  8. Difference in size of a folder with its contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference in size of a folder with its contents: Hello to all, I have a folder Documents and when I check its properties, Windows 10 x64 shows ~13 GB as its size. But when go within it and select all contents and check for properties (from the context menu) it shows ~3 GB as all of its contents' size. I also checked the...
  9. Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons: Since upgrading, when I go to file explorer I have duplicates of everything, e.g., several desk tops, several My PCs, several libraries. It's hard to judge how many because inside each on are duplicate icons. So every folder I have appears multiple times. I counted at least 4...
  10. Lost "more" folders content

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost "more" folders content: I have just installed Windows 10 on my computer. I have come to realize the content of my "MORE" folders is missing. These folders are important to me. How can I retrieve them? 95025