Windows 10: actual date when moving files

Discus and support actual date when moving files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had to move files to another backup drive. Everything OK but when I am moving files the dates of file creation get changed to the date of moving. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChuckShanmugavel, Mar 19, 2019.

1. actual date when moving files

I had to move files to another backup drive. Everything OK but when I am moving files the dates of file creation get changed to the date of moving. I really need the actual creation date.

Help me to save the actual file creation date. Thank you

:)

ChuckShanmugavel, Mar 19, 2019

2. Grouping pictures by month or actual date in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for sorting the pictures in date wise and check if it helps.

• Go to “file explorer” and open it.
    • Right click on the picture screen.
    • Click on “group by” option and go to more options.
    • Check the box “Date” and click on “Ok”
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 19, 2019
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 19, 2019
  4. actual date when moving files

EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2 2048 MB

Well that helps, but what will EVGA actually have listed 75-90 day from your date of purchase that is a true step-up? *Big Grin actual date when moving files :D

Casecutter, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

actual date when moving files

1. actual date when moving files - Similar Threads - actual date moving

2. Changing the actual date on a video file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the actual date on a video file: i can't change the date on a video that I took. It shows a date of 12/10/2022 but was taken on 12/7/2022. I tried to go to the date field and edit that field, but it won't allow me to edit....
  3. Changing the actual date on a video file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the actual date on a video file: i can't change the date on a video that I took. It shows a date of 12/10/2022 but was taken on 12/7/2022. I tried to go to the date field and edit that field, but it won't allow me to edit....
  4. Changing the actual date on a video file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Files disappeared when moved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files disappeared when moved: Tried to move some files and now they've disappeared. They're not in the Recycle Bin. I can see them when I search my drive, but they have an Internet Explorer icon on them? How can I recover them? submitted by /u/ScribblyScribe [link] [comments]...
  6. Group by date taken results in compressed time frames, not actual DATES..

Group by date taken results in compressed time frames, not actual DATES..: Maybe this is more of a request then a question? Maybe that is the question? I want to group my photos by Date Taken, down to the day. Windows seems to organize the photos based on what ever they have believed to be useful. Which is Today, Yesterday, Earlier this week, Last...
  7. Date created changes when I move a jpg file in File Explorer for W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date created changes when I move a jpg file in File Explorer for W10: I noticed something disconcerting: sometimes, when I move a jpg file to another folder, the date created timestamp is changed to the time I do this. Sometimes it doesn't (the timestamps don't change). The day I did the move was 12/10/2019. See my video showing this (last...
  8. Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified)

Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified): I've recently been moving a lot of pdf files from an "unsorted" folder to others where they are sorted by content. There is one I saw about a week ago I am trying to find again, but none of the search options seem to work for locating it because moving a file from one folder...
  9. Win 10 1803-1809 GHow to keep actual creation date when copying/moving files

Win 10 1803-1809 GHow to keep actual creation date when copying/moving files: Hi, My while filling system is getting messed up because when I copy some files to another backup drive, the date created goes to when they were copied. I really need the actual creation date. If I changed the file then yes give it a modified date, but if not I need...
  10. Moved files with Windows but date stamp was added

Moved files with Windows but date stamp was added: I was cleaning up photo files and consolidated them on one drive but then realized that windows had added a date stamp into the file name. As a result Lightroom can not find the files. I can point lightroom to each file, or go into file explorer and delete the date stamp, but...