Windows 10: Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed

Discus and support Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Why is the download speed in Microsoft Store so much lower than the download speed I'm measuring on speedtest.net? Evidence in this screenshot below:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by andr3w55, Apr 20, 2021.

1. andr3w55 Win User

Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed

Why is the download speed in Microsoft Store so much lower than the download speed I'm measuring on speedtest.net? Evidence in this screenshot below:

Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed 274f0efa-cb15-4679-bcc5-494abd774672?upload=true.png

I'm not using the internet on any other program, so it's not because of that. Microsoft Store just seems to be literally throttling my download speed for no apparent reason.

:)

andr3w55, Apr 20, 2021
  2. _Caveman_ Win User

Microsoft Store shows higher than actual download speed

Hi there,

While downloading a game I noticed, that the microsoft store app showed download speeds of 20Mb/sec to 30Mb/sec. However, the actual download progress was more in the area of 2-3Mb/sec.

I did delete the cash and reset the store app. Still the app shows much higher than actual download speeds.

For comparison, while downloading via steam I get constant download speeds of in between 12Mb-20Mb/sec...

Edit: For clarification, even when I managed to increase the actual download speed, the shown valua still was 5x to 10x higher than actual progress made.

_Caveman_, Apr 20, 2021
  3. hamstaro Win User
    Microsoft Store Download Speed

Its because the microsoft store shows you the speed in Mb (megabit) and not in MB (megabyte). So 4 Mb is actually around 500 kb/s (kilobit/second). So it's lower than the speed you see on steam.

hamstaro, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed

ReubenFaleiro, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed

1. Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed - Similar Threads - Actual download speed

2. Microsoft store download speeds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store download speeds?: EDIT: My issue has changed, but still falls under the ease of access category. Why are the downloads in the windows store so slow? 585 kb in 30 minutes? My delivery priority settings are on 100%, as per the myriad of videos have advised me to do. Any solutions?...
  3. Microsoft store download speeds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store download speeds?: EDIT: My issue has changed, but still falls under the ease of access category. Why are the downloads in the windows store so slow? 585 kb in 30 minutes? My delivery priority settings are on 100%, as per the myriad of videos have advised me to do. Any solutions?...
  4. Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.: Hello! I have been searching for answers to this for a long time. After recently upgrading my USB Wifi adapter (which I had assumed was the issue) the issue persisted. I am not tech-savvy, and I do not know what to do anymore. When I do a test through my internet service...
  5. Microsoft Store Download speeds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download speeds: My speeds are painfully slow for the store. Non of the fixes yall post does anything so please dont give me the advanced options generic answer, it doesnt work. And neither do the commands you have posted to people....
  6. Download speed slower than upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speed slower than upload speed: My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan. This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi. I have changed the...
  7. Microsoft store download speeds.

Microsoft store download speeds.: I am experiencing extremely slow download speeds in the Microsoft store on PC and Xbox. I done all the troubleshooting that is available online. The delivery optimization settings have been tweaked so that there are no limits. Please help!...
  8. Microsoft Store download speeds....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store download speeds....: This is a joke. I've tried every known fix for this problem and nothing fixes this. I have internet rated for 300MB/s Down and yet I'm seeing less than 1Mb/s for App/Games well above 10GB Steam downloads around 50MB/s Origin 42MB/s Uplay...Battlenet 50ish MB/s...
  9. Microsoft store download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store download speed: This is just anotherone of those answers that probably wont be answered but here it goes Microsoft Store download speed is ridiculous. My internet speed is 2MB/s but the highest I get from Store is 1Mb/s, witch is extremly low. Now I tried literally everything! Googled...
  10. Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed

Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed: I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 running 1809 17763.153. It has a Dell Wireless 1502 802.11 b/g/n WiFi card which is made by Atheros. Prior to upgrading to 1803 WiFi worked normally and Download was faster than Upload, 35Mb vs 10Mb. Since 1803 and now 1809 as well, Download is...