Windows 10: Actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file?

Discus and support Actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to know about the actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file.I used the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft official website and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SheikhTashdeedAhmed, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file?

Hi, I want to know about the actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file.I used the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft official website and then downloaded the ISO file from within the set-up and then used RUFUS v4.5 to create a bootable Win 10 64 bit thumb drive using GPT-NTFS.Previously, in 2022 when I did so, the bootable drive was around 7.9 GB but now it shows only 4.58 GB used! It's a good thing that the file size is lower but I am concerned that the process has not be done properly. The ISO file downloaded via the Media Creation Tool itself is 4.77 GB. Shrunk to 4.58 GB into the

:)

SheikhTashdeedAhmed, Jun 10, 2024
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jun 10, 2024
  3. TRWOV Win User
    Bootable USB to ISO

He's not trying to make a bootable USB. He wants to restore the ISO from the bootable USB (the reverse operation).

What software are you trying to restore? You can get the Windows 7 ISOs from Digital River: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...c99-42db-80c8-6300f01f7aae/windows-7downloard

TRWOV, Jun 10, 2024
  4. Actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file?

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Jun 10, 2024
Thema:

Actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file?

1. Actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file? - Similar Threads - Actual size ISO

2. Actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file?: Hi, I want to know about the actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file.I used the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft official website and then downloaded the ISO file from within the set-up and then used RUFUS v4.5 to create a bootable Win 10 64 bit thumb drive...
  3. Actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file?: Hi, I want to know about the actual size of the Windows 10 ISO bootable file.I used the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft official website and then downloaded the ISO file from within the set-up and then used RUFUS v4.5 to create a bootable Win 10 64 bit thumb drive...
  4. Size of windows 10 iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Size of windows 10 iso: I would like to know the size of windows 10 iso file so I could determine whether i need to get a dual layer or single layer disc. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-windows-10-iso/ddef2334-63be-455c-b2a3-87b2894b715e
  5. Windows 10 iso not bootable

Windows 10 iso not bootable: I wanted to switch back to windows from Kali Linux, so I downloaded the 64-bit English October 2020 update windows 10 iso and tried to burn it to a usb 8.1 gigs with BalenaEtcher. It showed a message: "Missing partition table. It looks like this is not a bootable image....
  6. windows 10 iso image not bootable.

windows 10 iso image not bootable.: hello, i am trying to make a boot able windows ten usb on fedora linux. I download the iso from the official websitewith a download speed a lot lower than it should be for unknown reasons then i go into balena etcher and select the iso image that i would like to flash to my...
  7. What is the bootable iso size for the Windows 10 10.0.19041.329 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the bootable iso size for the Windows 10 10.0.19041.329 2004 update?: It looks like the iso is ~16.6gb, and I would be burning it to a 16gb Kingston usb thumb drive, which is technically only 14.4gb. Do I need to buy a 32gb thumb drive? Thanks submitted by /u/petercameronbacon [link] [comments]...
  8. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable ISO file.

Unable to create Windows 10 bootable ISO file.: I am aiming to re-install Windows 10 on my laptop, as it has become grindingly slow. The laptop started out with a factory installed version of Win 7 and I then upgraded to Win 10 when you could do it for free. Now when I go to create a bootable ISO on a 16GB memory stick...
  9. INstall.wim maximum size and Bootable USB to bootable ISO help

INstall.wim maximum size and Bootable USB to bootable ISO help: I don't understand why people think that the USB must be formatted with FAT32, This restriction is only applied to the UEFI Firmware prior to version 2.0. My PC is 5 year old MSI-Z77 and all bootable are formatted with NTFS. The only restriction is: All disks/USB must be MBR...
  10. ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File: How to: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File [img] Warning As Microsoft has changed the upgrade method from ESD based upgrade to a UUP based, the method told in this tutorial does not work anymore with 15xxx and later builds. Please see UUP to ISO...