Windows 10: Actually shut down

Discus and support Actually shut down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; is there any way to make it so windows actually shuts down when you shut it down with out having to press alt f4 on the desktop it might be a minor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mythical_Atlacatl, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Actually shut down

is there any way to make it so windows actually shuts down when you shut it down

with out having to press alt f4 on the desktop

it might be a minor thing but i am kind of sick of windows i had open previously, reopening when i start the computer up next time.

these arent programs in my start up setting.

Like i will start up and youtube in firefox will start playing. or vlc player will be open.

I believe I have turned off the soft shut down open in the settings, but it didnt help.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Mythical_Atlacatl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mythical_Atlacatl, Feb 7, 2020
  2. TCanuck42 Win User

Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Feb 7, 2020
  3. TCanuck42 Win User
    Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Actually shut down

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Actually shut down

1. Actually shut down - Similar Threads - Actually shut down

2. WHERE IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM? Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM? Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly: Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎23-‎03-‎2023 12:17StatusReport sentProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 109Parameter 1: a39fe3de96b09959Parameter 2: b3b6f064e92ee70eParameter 3:...
  3. WHERE IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM? Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHERE IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM? Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly: Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎23-‎03-‎2023 12:17StatusReport sentProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 109Parameter 1: a39fe3de96b09959Parameter 2: b3b6f064e92ee70eParameter 3:...
  4. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  5. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  6. Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...: Road to hell is paved with good intentions? How thought this was a good idea? If I shut down and reboot, I shouldn't be able to see all the damn applications I had open when I launch it back up. That's not shut down. Sometimes when I boot, something gets borked and I can't...
  7. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  8. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  9. Turn computer on and then force shut down and reboot to actually boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn computer on and then force shut down and reboot to actually boot up: Hello, I'm not sure if this is a Windows issue or a Dell issue, but I think it's the former. I have a Dell laptop that has served me well these last few years. Lately however, when I turn on the computer, it loads the Dell icon on the screen but nothing happens usually a...
  10. trigger the windows shutdown animation without actually shutting down

in Windows 10 Customization
    trigger the windows shutdown animation without actually shutting down: for a little project I have been working on I wanted to know if it was possible to trigger the shutting down screen animation in windows without actually shutting down the computer via script or something 144170