Windows 10: Ad Blocking (Windows desktop app and Edge)

Discus and support Ad Blocking (Windows desktop app and Edge) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My issue is actually two-fold, and very specific. I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. Ads on Hulu will not play through Edge or the desktop Hulu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rampmonkey, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Ad Blocking (Windows desktop app and Edge)

My issue is actually two-fold, and very specific. I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. Ads on Hulu will not play through Edge or the desktop Hulu app. They do play in other browsers. I have no ad blocking software or extensions. Hulu believes Windows Defender is blocking the ads for the app, but they don't know what's causing the issue in Edge. I have tried disabling the SmartScreen filter and the pop-up blocker, but neither have any effect. I don't even know where to begin with Defender (Hulu said there's an ad blocker there, but I don't see one). The app also has pass through permissions in the firewall settings. Can anyone help with this?

:)

Rampmonkey, Nov 18, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Nov 18, 2019
  3. how to block ads in edge

ads are popping up in edge how to block them have blocked pop up n advance setting and have turned on protect from malicious site and download suggest ways to overcome

sanjeevpande, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Ad Blocking (Windows desktop app and Edge)

? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Ad Blocking (Windows desktop app and Edge)

1. Ad Blocking (Windows desktop app and Edge) - Similar Threads - Blocking desktop app

2. ad block

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ad block: HiWhy every time I delete the extension AD BLOCK it keeps coming back it just appears with a notice ad block was just installed?Thank you.TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ad-block/b548e48c-fdaa-4143-9c98-aa8b88f0b319
  3. ad block

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ad block: HiWhy every time I delete the extension AD BLOCK it keeps coming back it just appears with a notice ad block was just installed?Thank you.TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ad-block/b548e48c-fdaa-4143-9c98-aa8b88f0b319
  4. ad block

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Anybody knows an ad-block for windows 10 apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anybody knows an ad-block for windows 10 apps?: Apps downloaded from microsoft store. submitted by /u/faemvss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjeg1e/anybody_knows_an_adblock_for_windows_10_apps/
  6. Block Microsoft Edge Ads that appear in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    Block Microsoft Edge Ads that appear in Windows 10 Start Menu: [ATTACH]Microsoft has started promoting the new Edge browser in the Start Menu, urging Windows 10 users to download and use it. And it is not […] This article Block Microsoft Edge Ads that appear in Windows 10 Start Menu first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Microsoft Edge new version no home page and ad blocking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge new version no home page and ad blocking: I have installed the new Crome based edge browser on my computers but have noticed there is no provision to return to a home page after you brouse away from your start page , Is this a obmission by microsoft??? The main thing I do not like about the new Edge is the amount of...
  8. Blocking ad's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocking ad's: How do you block ad's from your computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-ads/4d554bec-4440-49dc-9128-51be1e27f9fd
  9. Adding an app to "Blocked Apps and Games"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding an app to "Blocked Apps and Games": How do I add an application to "Blocked Apps and Games" on my child's profile. I want to be able to block Fortnite when I feel that he's had enough. Please help!...
  10. Blocked Ad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blocked Ad: I use a surface pro 4. The seattle times a.m./p.m. email briefs are blocked. How do I unblock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/blocked-ad/f567a24d-3b96-41a8-ae45-2e36f6aa8c26