Windows 10: ad choice

Discus and support ad choice in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I get rid of this? It takes up my screen and makes start up very slow Thank you!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by putsytodd, Oct 14, 2018.

1. putsytodd Win User

ad choice

How can I get rid of this? It takes up my screen and makes start up very slow Thank you!

:)

putsytodd, Oct 14, 2018

2. Microsoft Ad Choices

Yeah, I thought at first it was a new ad campaign until I went back to a Windows 7 PC and then
    a Windows 8 and realized there were no ads.

picresize.com is the site.

Under Windows 7 or Windows 8 there are no ads.

Only under Windows 10.

I have reads many many websites on how to delete "Ad Choices" and according to everything I have read and downloaded to try to clean it or find it, Ad Choices is NOT installed on my computer. Then, I found a posting suggesting it was Microsoft's Ad Choices. This is why I cannot clean it off.

If it were ads from the website, they would be there no matter what what OS I was on. Wouldn't you agree?

orlandotek, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Tony K Win User
    Microsoft Ad Choices

Hi there. Not sure what's going on. I just got home and checked this out. I'm going to boot to my 8.1. In the mean time, click on the little icon left of the closeout X on the ad. It's a Google ad. I'll be back.

Attachment 50685

Tony K, Oct 14, 2018
  4. ad choice

Microsoft Ad Choices

No, that did not help at all. If you read all of the posts here someone already suggested this.

This does NOT disable Ad Choices. I don't want them. They are annoying on most websites but on
    one particular site that I use quite often the ads pop out of the left side of screen scooting the entire
    page to the right. I cannot work on what I need to work on so I have to stop, close the idiot ad, then
    wait for the website to go back to normal. On the next record I go through the same routine again.
    It doubles the time I spend on the site compared to a Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC that does not have
    this problem.

Again, I classify Windows 10 as Adware. It is not FREE.

orlandotek, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

ad choice

1. ad choice - Similar Threads - choice

2. One drive leaves no choice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive leaves no choice.: One drive leaves no choice. I downloaded some photos and they automatically went to One Drive..no choice.Then not accessible to Lightroom. How can I delete one drive from my computer?...
  3. One drive leaves no choice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive leaves no choice.: One drive leaves no choice. I downloaded some photos and they automatically went to One Drive..no choice.Then not accessible to Lightroom. How can I delete one drive from my computer?...
  4. Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that: I have Windows 11 23H2. Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that or correct xxxxword. The original WSR does present the list as expected....
  5. Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that

Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that: I have Windows 11 23H2. Voice Assist in Windows 11 does not present a list of choices with correct that or correct xxxxword. The original WSR does present the list as expected....
  6. Choice for Windows 11 Protection from Ms Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choice for Windows 11 Protection from Ms Store: What about choose to use trend micro security app from microsoft store? Or windows defender paid version better? I even think about cloud and endpoint technologies for protection. What about semantec endpoint security from microsoft store? Is there some advanced cloud based...
  7. Choice for Windows 11 Protection from Ms Store

Choice for Windows 11 Protection from Ms Store: What about choose to use trend micro security app from microsoft store? Or windows defender paid version better? I even think about cloud and endpoint technologies for protection. What about semantec endpoint security from microsoft store? Is there some advanced cloud based...
  8. Why I dont have the Win10 compatibility choice ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why I dont have the Win10 compatibility choice ?: i am trying to open a app which is supported only win 10 and later versions, and i have windows 10 22h2 version all my drivers are updated all local app files are checked 10 times maybe more and i still unable to run the program because of compatibilty settings and i cant...
  9. Why I dont have the Win10 compatibility choice ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I dont have the Win10 compatibility choice ?: i am trying to open a app which is supported only win 10 and later versions, and i have windows 10 22h2 version all my drivers are updated all local app files are checked 10 times maybe more and i still unable to run the program because of compatibilty settings and i cant...
  10. Why I dont have the Win10 compatibility choice ?