Windows 10: AD credentials refresh after login

Discus and support AD credentials refresh after login in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, We are implementing an AD infrastructure, and we ran into an issue with remote colleagues: they login remotely so with stored ad credentials, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abraxasnew, Apr 14, 2021.

1. AD credentials refresh after login

Hi,

We are implementing an AD infrastructure, and we ran into an issue with remote colleagues: they login remotely so with stored ad credentials, and after that they open a VPN to the office. When they try to access shared resources, they get denied, as thy are not actually logged in to the domain.

The only way I found so far is to login to the VPN, logoff from Windows and login again while the VPN is up. We use a 3rd party VPN solution, so we can't implement always ON VPN, or at least we don't have another dedicated Windows server to implement VPN.

Is there any way they can actually refresh their AD login after connecting to the VPN, from a script or something?

Thank you,

Alex

:)

Abraxasnew, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

adding password to store in web credentials in internet explorer windows 10!!

Hello,

Looks like you are encountering challenges on managing your login credentials. We have here the steps you can follow to manage your web credentials via Control Panel:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Manage Web Credentials and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Web Credentials, and to Windows Credentials
      to add, view, edit, or remove credentials on the respective options.

Give us an update on the result and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 14, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Intel AMT Security Issue Lets Attackers Bypass Login Credentials

Next up: security vulnerability found in every router ever with default login credentials...

4. Junaid_A Win User

AD credentials refresh after login

Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Are you using a Microsoft account to login?
    • Was the user name changed at any point of time?

Meanwhile, you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Command prompt as an administrator on your local machine and type:
      gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following location:

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Credentials Delegation
    • Click on ‘Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication’
    • Enable the policy and click on ‘Show’ button in the options window below and enter the value
      ‘TERMSRV/*’ (without quotes) into the list. Apply the changes.
    • Do the same thing for the following policies:

Allow Delegating Saved Credentials

Allow Delegating Default Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication

Allow Delegating Default Credentials
    • Make sure that ‘Deny Delegating Saved Credentials’ is not enabled or does not contain ‘TERMSRV/*’ in the list
    • Close all windows, open a command prompt, and use
      ‘gpupdate /force’
      command to apply the policy directly.

Once the update is complete, reboot the machine and see if you can remote login.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

AD credentials refresh after login

1. AD credentials refresh after login - Similar Threads - credentials refresh login

2. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...: Hey there, Microsoft community, I have a client using a Lenovo ThinClient with Windows 10 ioT installed. They are using it to login to a Windows 10 VM on a Scale NUC not an Azure VM via Remote Desktop Connection and they are to use their Azure AD credentials to remote in.The...
  3. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...: Hey there, Microsoft community, I have a client using a Lenovo ThinClient with Windows 10 ioT installed. They are using it to login to a Windows 10 VM on a Scale NUC not an Azure VM via Remote Desktop Connection and they are to use their Azure AD credentials to remote in.The...
  4. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  6. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  7. Login credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login credentials: Are my log in credentials automatically stored on my hdd/ssd? can someone view it if they have/stole my pc? P. S. I don't wanna use Bitlocker though. submitted by /u/MrRightknow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8zhyq/login_credentials/
  8. login credential issue after window update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login credential issue after window update: After an Update few minutes ago, I could not log back into my others protected files like MS Excel sheets, True Key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-credential-issue-after-window-update/03bf8586-f40b-44e0-af50-2896bd52636d
  9. Credentials Login issue on new computer added to small Win 10 network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Credentials Login issue on new computer added to small Win 10 network: Hi I have had 3 computers running perfectly on a Win 10 network. Each computer can see and access each other perfectly with no logins etc required. But I have now added another Win10 computer but am having issues with Network Credentials being required. This new PC...
  10. Login problems and credentials

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login problems and credentials: My boss was asked this morning to change her login password because it had expired. She did but now the computer is not accepting the new password and its asking for her credentials. what can she do?...