Windows 10: Adapter / Computer Issues?

Discus and support Adapter / Computer Issues? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having some issues with my Internet recently. I'm no expert when it comes to technology, so forgive me if I make any mistakes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gerrit.1, May 16, 2019.

1. Gerrit.1 Win User

Adapter / Computer Issues?

Hello,

I've been having some issues with my Internet recently. I'm no expert when it comes to technology, so forgive me if I make any mistakes while explaining.

So recently, the last couple of days, I have been having issues with my Internet connection randomly going out. Randomly, my Internet will go to "No Internet, Secured." Once in this stage, I begin to have many issues. the "available networks" tab will only show the Wi-Fi I am currently using. If I try to disconnect from the Wi-Fi or turn off Wi-Fi, it will freeze and I can't turn anything back on. Then, if I exit out of the tab, it will not let me get back into it. It also wont let me use "Type here to search." when it happens. When I troubleshoot it, the only solution they give is turning the adapter off and back on again, but that solves nothing. The only thing that actually works is restarting the computer, and after that it comes back on immediately.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I've tried an "sfc/ scannow" but it did not fix the situation.

Does this sound like an adapter issue, router, or something else? I feel like it can't be the router because it fixes by restarting the computer, but I don't know. Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thank you.

:)

Gerrit.1, May 16, 2019

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 16, 2019
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Adapter / Computer Issues? install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Adapter / Computer Issues? pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Adapter / Computer Issues? select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Adapter / Computer Issues? Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, May 16, 2019
  4. jwblue Win User

Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

I ran the Lenovo Solution Center. Network Adapter was not listed in the hardware scanned. Not sure if there is a separate listing for that normally or not.

Ever since I ran a power cycle the adapter has not appeared in the Device Manager.

Does anyone believe removing the adapter and putting it back would solve the issue? I would rather not open my computer if there is little chance of it solving the issue. I am a complete novice doing this.

Not sure if this is relevant but in my Network Adapter in Device Manager there was "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". It has since disappeared.

jwblue, May 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Adapter / Computer Issues? - Similar Threads - Adapter Computer Issues

2. Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adapter Issues: I’m using Windows 11 and I’m using a usb-3 to hdmi adapter, and for some reason the computer thinks the adapter is a disk drive. Is there any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adapter-issues/ee2ccfe1-70d6-4339-9906-734e874e665c
  3. Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adapter Issues: I’m using Windows 11 and I’m using a usb-3 to hdmi adapter, and for some reason the computer thinks the adapter is a disk drive. Is there any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adapter-issues/ee2ccfe1-70d6-4339-9906-734e874e665c
  4. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter Issues: Does anyone else ever get a similar issue?After about a year my custom gigabyte PC will start getting intermittent internet connection then no connection at all while EVERYTHING ELSE in my house runs perfectly fine. I use little USB adapters like Netgear or TP-Link.Being in...
  5. Computer issues, wireless adapter and audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer issues, wireless adapter and audio: Have issues with above. Downloaded new wireless drives to try fix issue, no work. Been at this four hours. Closes I’ve came is dating this issue all the way back to 2015:...
  6. display adapter issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display adapter issue: Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F06&SUBSYS_3FF11458&REV_A1\4&1C3D25BB&0&0019 with the following status: 0...
  7. Ethernet Adapter issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet Adapter issues: Win 10 Enterprise. I have onboard ethernet set to a static IP. I'm looking to run hyper-v on here for a few small VMs for a testing env and added an additional PCI 4port NIC attached. Those 4 ports are currently disconnected from the switch. I can ping from the workstation to...
  8. wifi adapter issue

wifi adapter issue: My laptop hotspot uses Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter #2 on my laptop. hotspot works as normal when i enable hotspot. however when i off hotspot the ssid of the network still appears from another device like my phone isnt it supposed to be off? and furthermore the ssid...
  9. Bluetooth adapter issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth adapter issue: My Bluetooth adapter says “driver error” but it says my drivers are up to date. It also says device cannot start (code 10) submitted by /u/kevinh117 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g701ft/bluetooth_adapter_issue/
  10. Issues with Adapter

Issues with Adapter: Hi, since last year my wifi has not been working on my laptop at school in many locations different classes but it works perfectly fine for everybody else. I've been to the IT guy at my school and he keeps telling me to update it but it says that it's updated. When I...