Windows 10: Adapter for M.2 Drive

Discus and support Adapter for M.2 Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need an adapter to check the condition of a Kingston 128gb SSD NGFF M.2. I need to be able to plug it into a card that can then connect via USB to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alfarom, Dec 13, 2020.

1. alfarom Win User

Adapter for M.2 Drive

I need an adapter to check the condition of a Kingston 128gb SSD NGFF M.2. I need to be able to plug it into a card that can then connect via USB to another PC. I've got a few adapters but not one for this drive.
    Any idea which adapter I need?

This is the drive

Kingston RBU-SNS8100S3/128G2 RBU-SNS8100S3: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

:)

alfarom, Dec 13, 2020

2. PCIE to M.2 adapter.

Thanks @cadaveca. M.2 in raid, wonder what the benefits are.

So any suggestions on a better adapter?

DeathtoGnomes, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Lagged Win User
    M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Adapter for M.2 Drive

PCIE to M.2 adapter.

And what AMD boards have them now?

Appreciate the input but guess what........to hell with intel. *Smile Adapter for M.2 Drive :)

I like that adapter card with the optional addon, that might be just the thing to get.

DeathtoGnomes, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Adapter for M.2 Drive

1. Adapter for M.2 Drive - Similar Threads - Adapter Drive

2. Missing network adapter drive, no WiFi option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing network adapter drive, no WiFi option: No wifi option button. No network adapter showing in device manager. Tried network reset: no change. Have tried downloading drive from phone but not sure if doing correctly. When using network troubleshooter displays message "you're using a virtual network adaptor we can't...
  3. Missing network adapter drive, no WiFi option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing network adapter drive, no WiFi option: No wifi option button. No network adapter showing in device manager. Tried network reset: no change. Have tried downloading drive from phone but not sure if doing correctly. When using network troubleshooter displays message "you're using a virtual network adaptor we can't...
  4. Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter, external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter, external hard drive.: I recently installed Windows 10 on a 2TB external hard drive, but when I tried to connect to Wi-Fi, I found out that there was no network driver. When I try to troubleshoot it says "Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter." On the Network Controller...
  5. Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter, external hard drive.

Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter, external hard drive.: I recently installed Windows 10 on a 2TB external hard drive, but when I tried to connect to Wi-Fi, I found out that there was no network driver. When I try to troubleshoot it says "Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter." On the Network Controller...
  6. Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter, external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I uninstalled AC Adapter drive accidentally and it won't turn on, it's just spinning the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled AC Adapter drive accidentally and it won't turn on, it's just spinning the...: The specs: SSD 128gbHDD 1TB12gb of RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-ac-adapter-drive-accidentally-and-it/1875129a-100f-438b-8726-4252dee32208
  8. I uninstalled AC Adapter drive accidentally and it won't turn on, it's just spinning the...

I uninstalled AC Adapter drive accidentally and it won't turn on, it's just spinning the...: The specs: SSD 128gbHDD 1TB12gb of RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-ac-adapter-drive-accidentally-and-it/1875129a-100f-438b-8726-4252dee32208
  9. I uninstalled AC Adapter drive accidentally and it won't turn on, it's just spinning the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How do I activate my e-drive for my ScanDisk Adapter?

How do I activate my e-drive for my ScanDisk Adapter?: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. The unit does not recognize my ScanDisk when it is inserted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-my-e-drive-for-my-scandisk/46d475ee-cf46-4091-8452-326d1dd5c4ee