Windows 10: adapter not charging the battery

Discus and support adapter not charging the battery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have Lenovo Y520 laptop. somehow i let the battery completely drain and the laptop got shut down. Since then my battery does not charge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sumit_Bhagat, Nov 30, 2018.

1. adapter not charging the battery

Hello,

I have Lenovo Y520 laptop. somehow i let the battery completely drain and the laptop got shut down. Since then my battery does not charge. even when i left the adapter plugged in for quite a while the status still shows "0% available, plugged in charging".

I bought this laptop few months back, so it is almost a new one.

does draining battery completely has adverse affect on battery?

Please help me with this issue as i am unable to run my laptop without plugging in adapter.

:)

Sumit_Bhagat, Nov 30, 2018
  2. curt jugg Win User

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Nov 30, 2018
  3. CountMike Win User
    Battery charging advice

Older batteries, based on NiCd (Nickel-Cadmium) had many drawbacks. like charge "memory" and easily being overcharged and warped. Needed careful planing and charging to keep in shape. Best way was to keep them fully charged and out of laptop when not needed, run from adapter only. Than you needed to plug them in and discharge and recharge once a moth.
    Newer laptops and their batteries have automatic charge system with sensors and intelligent maintenance so no need to unplug at all. Added bonus is that when plugged in it switches to full performance and on battery only it kicks into battery saving mode reducing performance.

CountMike, Nov 30, 2018
  4. mahi106 Win User

adapter not charging the battery

01 min to full charge but battery not charging

adapter not charging the battery [​IMG]

My laptop battery icon is showing this and still not charging since two days. If i plug out the adapter, the percentage showing decreases. But when plugged in, it is not increasing and still 34% since two days. What should i do to make it charging again?

mahi106, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

adapter not charging the battery

1. adapter not charging the battery - Similar Threads - adapter charging battery

2. battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not charging: HP plugged in but battery isn't charging. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/8fe2b97f-6549-4b0f-939e-2749424a54cf
  3. battery charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery charging: my pc dell battery charging upto 70% only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging/52c47887-f659-4661-9fb9-47e98c4ac310
  4. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not charging: hello, today something went wrong, i don't know why. the battery is not charging, i plugged in for at least 5hours today But nothing is happening. and when i removed the charger the laptop shut down, i mean got locked. indicator showing 0% charging....
  5. ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge

ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge: Need a fix for ac adapter warning as the battery will not charge. Says to use a 45 w adapter, but that's what I have. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ac-adapter-warning-message-battery-will-not-charge/7e3d3e2b-37bd-48a8-abcf-a70096d1c4c9
  6. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging: My battery is at 1% and won't charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/b34fc55a-9320-45fc-b6e0-f0aea0a48a0e
  7. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery not charging: Split from this thread. battery on laptop not charging need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/8f54a3ac-3616-40fe-a75f-b207432cd9a5
  8. Battery is not charging

Battery is not charging: I have a laptop with Windows 10 at this moment the battery is not charging the cable is plugged in, the battery appears with 8% but doesn't charge more than that 8% I can't be with the cable plugged in all the time...
  9. ac adapter for battery charger not charging

ac adapter for battery charger not charging: my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at 10%. I not had a problem till I remember month or 2 ago I reset my pc but ac adapter didn't get notice till month ago. when I...
  10. Battery not charging

Battery not charging: Hi. My battery is plugged in and not charging. I switched plug in outlets and did the un plug plug in, I also took the battery out and put it back in. The power cord has changed shape, it is twisting in circles. Do you think the power may have fried my laptops battery...