Windows 10: Adapter or acces point issues

Discus and support Adapter or acces point issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There are no internet options on wifi 1. I've always used a Tp link adapter instead but it is much slower than my internet used to be. If I look at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Evan R. Wo, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Adapter or acces point issues

There are no internet options on wifi 1. I've always used a Tp link adapter instead but it is much slower than my internet used to be. If I look at the adapter settings it says it is working, but I can't find a network. the trouble shoot shows this.

Issues found
    You have no preferred wireless networks You have no preferred wireless networks
    When you select a network and connect, Windows can automatically connect to it in the future. Not fixed Not Fixed
    Connect to an available wireless network Failed

Problem with wireless adapter or access point Problem with wireless adapter or access point Not fixed Not Fixed
    Investigate router or access point issues Failed
    Reset the wireless adapter Completed

Issues found Detection details

6 You have no preferred wireless networks Not fixed Not Fixed

When you select a network and connect, Windows can automatically connect to it in the future.
    Connect to an available wireless network Failed

You have not chosen to connect to any of the available wireless networks.

5 Problem with wireless adapter or access point Not fixed Not Fixed

Investigate router or access point issues Failed

If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator. Otherwise: 1. Unplug or turn off the device. 2. After all the lights on the device are off, wait at least 10 seconds. 3. Turn the device back on or plug it back into the power outlet. To restart a router or access point that has a built-in battery, press and quickly release the Reset button.
    Reset the wireless adapter Completed

InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log
    File Name: 42CC088A-E97E-4A8E-A8F6-2FC9C81B633B.Repair.1.etl

Detection details Expand

InformationalDiagnostics Information (Network Adapter)
    Details about network adapter diagnosis:

Network adapter Wi-Fi driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
    Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Intel Corporation
    Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft
    Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 17.15.0.5
    Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\Windows\INF\netwbw02.inf
    Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 11:33:45 PM
    Section Name . . . . . . . . . : Install_MPCIEX_GENNGFF_3160_AC_HMC_WINB_64_AC
    Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_8086&dev_08b3&subsys_80708086
    Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
    Device Manager Status Code . . : 0
    IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 71
    Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 9

InformationalDiagnostics Information (Wireless Connectivity)
    Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis:

Information for connection being diagnosed
    Interface GUID: 8bedaf94-bbe9-4bcb-8977-5fa6d3283e84
    Interface name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
    Interface type: Native Wi-Fi

Connection incident diagnosed
    Auto Configuration ID: 1

List of visible access point(s): 0 item(s) total, 0 item(s) displayed

Connection History

Information for Auto Configuration ID 1

List of visible networks: 0 item(s) total, 0 item(s) displayed

List of preferred networks: 0 item(s)

InformationalDiagnostics Information (Wireless Network Adapter)
    Details about wireless network adapter diagnosis:

For complete information about this session see the wireless connectivity information event.

Helper Class: Native Wi-Fi MSM
    Initialize status: Success

Information for connection being diagnosed
    Interface GUID: 8bedaf94-bbe9-4bcb-8977-5fa6d3283e84
    Interface name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
    Interface type: Native Wi-Fi
    Profile: Discovery connection
    SSID: (Unnamed Network)
    SSID length: 0
    Connection mode: <unknown>
    Security: No
    Connect even if network is not broadcasting: No

Result of diagnosis: No problem found

Windows Version: 10.0
    Architecture: x64
    Time: Monday, April 29, 2019 4:00:24 PM

:)

Evan R. Wo, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

wireless adapter and access point

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2.Try updating the Networking Drivers.

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Adapter or acces point issues

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Adapter or acces point issues

1. Adapter or acces point issues - Similar Threads - Adapter acces point

2. Problem with wireless adapter or access point

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with wireless adapter or access point: Everyone else is able to access the internet but me. I keep clicking on the wifi my house uses, but it keeps saying 'cannot connect to this network'...
  3. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (Xbox Acc)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (Xbox Acc): Hey everyone I've been reading up on this for the past two hours and have zero luck. I feel like I have a special kind of case this time though. I have done what others suggested and used my hardware id on the Microsoft drivers catalog and used mine to change the "Xbox ACC"...
  4. Issue of "Problem with wireless adapter or access point"

Issue of "Problem with wireless adapter or access point": Hello there, I' m using a wireless router to connect to the internet through a USB wireless adapter to my windows 10 version 1909os build 18363.900. the router is in good condition working with other devices very efficiently and flawlessly. I tried to troubleshoot my issue...
  5. Problem with Wireless Adapter or access point

Problem with Wireless Adapter or access point: I have bought a Lenovo Legion Y7000P-1060 laptop where Windows 10 Home was pre-installed. The problem that I am facing since day 1, every time that I start up my laptop is unable to connect to the wireless network of my home that I have to lunch troubleshooting which gives...
  6. Problem with wireless adapter or access point

Problem with wireless adapter or access point: I was unable to find an answer to this problem in the forum, but I did find something on my own and wanted to post it in case it helps others. I was unable to reply in the already existing thread. My new laptop kept dropping off of the wifi network randomly. I would run a...
  7. Problem with wireless adapter or access point

Problem with wireless adapter or access point: My wifi is frequently going down. It says I have signal but I can't do anything on the internet. I troubleshoot it and it says the problem found was: Problem with wireless adapter or access point. It also then has a green tick next to it saying fixed. I close the...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter Won't Connect to Controller, Not A Xbox ACC issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Wireless Adapter Won't Connect to Controller, Not A Xbox ACC issue.: It is recognized my desktop "Xbox Wireless Adapter"(so it's not the Xbox ACC issue), the light flashes, but I can't pair it with any Xbox controller and even though it worked perfectly 5 days ago and it still works on other devices I have, so it's definitely not a hardware...
  9. Problem with wireless adapter or Access point

Problem with wireless adapter or Access point: I lose wifi connection and I have to reboot to resolve problem at least one a day. How can I stop the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-wireless-adapter-or-access-point/21829029-40c9-4c87-a3c7-54c705d507c8
  10. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore (NOT Xbox ACC Issue)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore (NOT Xbox ACC Issue): Hey everyone, I feel like I'm going mad... This may be the last thing I post before my head explodes... Anyway, my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 stopped working after a damned Windows 10 Update happened around Christmas. It was working fine and I could connect both...