Windows 10: Adapter settings in Hyper-V

Discus and support Adapter settings in Hyper-V in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello in Hyper-V Manager Action Settings, I am trying to select those settings that I need to get my Windows XP virtual computer connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Blueie, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Blueie Win User

Adapter settings in Hyper-V

Hello

in Hyper-V Manager Action Settings, I am trying to select those settings that I need to get my Windows XP virtual computer connected to the network. From what I have read online, I need to select the Legacy Network Adapter item and click the Add button to create a virtual network adapter using a legacy configuration that Windows XP can recognise.

However, Legacy Network Adapter does not appear in my list. All I can see is the following:

Adapter settings in Hyper-V 12e4cb1e-4f2b-4636-8c51-7eec12ea9864?upload=true.jpg

'
    Where do I go from here, please? Do I cancel set-up, choose SCSI Controller, Network Adapter, or Fibre Channel Adapter.

Thank you!

:)

Blueie, Feb 21, 2021

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 21, 2021
  3. tjgrandam Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Hyper-V Ethernet Adapter Driver Corrupted

On my windows 10 pro OS the Hyper-V Ethernet adapter has disappeared form the network adapters listing and in device manager, the Hyper-V Ethernet Adapter is showing error, cannot start message, corrupted driver. Tried updating the driver, but windows
    reports the driver install is corrupted. How do I repair the driver? Tom J

tjgrandam, Feb 21, 2021
  4. PJLLB Win User

Hyper-V Network Adapter Bridge Mode?

I'm running successfully running Android BlueStacks in a Hyper-V machine and have network connectivity through the host adapter. However, one Android app I run does not fully function because it believes the device is not on the same subnet as the actual host machine. Someone on another forum indicated that the host adapter needed to be in bridge mode, thus ensuring that the virtual machine is on the exact subnet as the host and other device attached to the router. They suggest using something busybox for the VM and set the network adapter to bridge mode, but I really don't want to add that to my machine.

So the question is: does Hyper-V provide a bridge mode setting for the (virtual) network adapter?

PJLLB, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Adapter settings in Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Adapter settings Hyper

2. Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab: Hi, I saw an article on your website regarding issue with hyper-v and was hoping for help with my issue. Basically I have created a lab environment on my laptop with: 1) one 2019 server VM, AD DS installed and domain created and static ip for the DC 2) two win10pro VMS 3) One...
  3. Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab

in Windows 10 Support
    Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab: Hi, I saw an article on your website regarding issue with hyper-v and was hoping for help with my issue. Basically I have created a lab environment on my laptop with: 1) one 2019 server VM, AD DS installed and domain created and static ip for the DC 2) two win10pro VMS 3) One...
  4. Hyper V, LACP, Teamed Adapters and no DHCP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hyper V, LACP, Teamed Adapters and no DHCP: I just created a vSwitch in Hyper-V attached to a LACP teamed adapter. Teaming was done via the Server Manager. Server version is 2012 R2. See configuration below. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I moved the all the VM's to the new vSwitch "LACP" above. Server applications and data...
  5. How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V?: I had been using Hyper-V on Windows Pro to test routers, and had a quad nic installed while doing the testing. Now I completed that, and have removed the NIC to use in a server, but my Hyper-V is hosed. I uninstalled Hyper-V and then reinstalled, but it seems to retain the...
  6. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  7. Hyper-V Network Adapter Bridge Mode?

Hyper-V Network Adapter Bridge Mode?: I'm running successfully running Android BlueStacks in a Hyper-V machine and have network connectivity through the host adapter. However, one Android app I run does not fully function because it believes the device is not on the same subnet as the actual host machine. Someone...
  8. Wifi adapter no longer supported in Hyper-V virtual switch

Wifi adapter no longer supported in Hyper-V virtual switch: I have succesfully used a Hyper-V virtual switch connected to the wireless adapter in my laptop. All my VM's could access my LAN independently, and could get an ip address from the DHCP server. This means, AFAIK, that my wireless adapter can and does opererate in promiscuous...
  9. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  10. Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V: Hello. I'm hoping somebody knowledgeable can help me. I've looked online and I can't find an answer for this problem. I've just recently picked up windows 10 (It's been less than a week so I'm admittedly a noob with it) and I want to create a virtual machine. I've gone...