Windows 10: Adapting .REG Files.

Discus and support Adapting .REG Files. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Black, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Adapting .REG Files.

I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner].

I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory.
    Code:
    Will there be any impact with NOT including the SubCommand?

Similarly . . . Code:
    Can you please tell me whether this just gets added to to the Bottom in the Desktop Context Menu or the Folder Context Menu etc?

Finally . . .
    Code:
    I assume that this puts it at the Top of the Desktop Context Menu?
    Is there anyway to adapt it so I could put it at say the Middle or Bottom?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Paul Black, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Adapting .REG Files.

I would also suggest creating the entries manually so it's not such a pain to modify one or more at a time...

Adapting .REG Files. [​IMG]

Edwin, May 25, 2020
  3. Adapting .REG Files.

Thanks KeithM for the suggestions.

I will have a go at that later!

I assume that I can add the completed working menu to ALL 7 sections that you have listed to make it available wherever I am in the OS, is that correct please?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Black, May 25, 2020
  4. Adapting .REG Files.

Adapting .REG Files.

Thanks Edwin,

I am now thinking that this might be the best approach!

I am in the process of creating a customised ISO that I will use for a clean install and then make a few adaptions during installation using Audit Made.

What I am trying to do here is to come up with a working solution that I can implement [Context menus] after the clean install so that the OS is pretty much exactly what I want. Hence the use of several third-party software to get the Context Menu how I want them.

What I might do, as I have the Context Menus with the EXTRAS included using the third-party software, is to EXPORT them, adapt them, and then I can IMPORT them [run them as a REG file] into the clean installed OS. Things like the System Tools etc I would like to ba available at several locations!

Thanks in advance.

Paul Black, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Adapting .REG Files.

1. Adapting .REG Files. - Similar Threads - Adapting REG Files

2. How to create a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a .reg file?: I wanted to know how to create a .reg file in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-reg-file/2b6be1e5-3228-47ad-ba44-758e0a97dfc9
  3. New .reg file but not blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    New .reg file but not blank: Hey guys! It is a part of script after clean install to add bat,ps1,reg,vbs to new context menu REG ADD "HKCR\.ps1\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f REG ADD "HKCR\.reg\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f REG ADD "HKCR\.bat\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d...
  4. Reg file Please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reg file Please: Hello Had a look round the net to see if I can find a reg file to remove digital signatures tab in Windows 10 1809 x64 context menu properties for .exe files.Plenty of other edits but none for what I need. Does anyone have such a reg file or can point me to regedit to remove...
  5. Creating a reg file or shortcut.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a reg file or shortcut.: Is there any way I can create shortcut or reg file to enable/disable a rule of Inbound and Outbound of Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security? submitted by /u/npc73 [link] [comments]...
  6. Adapting .REG Files.

Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  7. .reg file error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .reg file error: Hi,I tried to change windows 10 font style by running a reg file- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe...
  8. Import reg file in a batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Import reg file in a batch file: Hi, i've a reg file to mod windows 10 that works properly, but if i import it in a batch file it doesn't work. this is the reg file i've called Windows10.reg Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  9. Downloading a reg file.

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading a reg file.: This is not a problem just a observation. I noticed something strange when I went to download Brink's reg file to bring back the Photo Viewer. Either Pale Moon or Windows 10 thinks it's a .TS video file. [img] Has anyone else notice this when downloading a reg file? 40086
  10. Set File Association with .reg File

Set File Association with .reg File: Hi, i have a problem with File Associations in Windows (Build 1607). I want to set a File Association for .pdf so that i can start .pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and not with Microsoft Edge (default). It is possible if i change it over System -> Default Apps...