Windows 10: Adaptive brightness disable in power options

Discus and support Adaptive brightness disable in power options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My 9th gen i7 laptop screen goes half to sleep in less than a minute if I'm not sitting right in front of it even when there is screen activity and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RMsteven1, Sep 2, 2019.

1. RMsteven1 Win User

Adaptive brightness disable in power options

My 9th gen i7 laptop screen goes half to sleep in less than a minute if I'm not sitting right in front of it even when there is screen activity and sound. I don't want this because I need to see the screen even from feet away, it's scrolling music and lyrics. The setting for sleep are-. never. I'm told about advanced setting in power options, Display and that adaptive brightness as my issue. Thanks, R

:)

RMsteven1, Sep 2, 2019
  2. daniel1 Win User

No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Hello everyone!

I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this:

My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive brightness feature again that I disabled almost three years ago. Now it's pretty much useless in dim environments because the screen gets so dark. Also every option windows normally has to switch it off is gone. Not greyed out, it's just not there (Both in the legacy power options and in te new UI).

Around the same time it happend that windows decided to get rid of the old power profiles and instead only show the "balanced" one that comes with the power options slider when you click on the battery icon in the tray. I had that briefly and then the slider disappeard along with the option of turning adaptive brightness OFF.

This makes me MAD.
    • I deleted and restored the default power plans in several ways
    • I changed all (all I found, though) corresponding registry entries to disable adaptive brightness
    • I checked the registry for the the option to show the switching-option being ENABLED
    • I even stopped the windows service for the ambient light sensor

No change. Any Wizards around? *Shock

Daniel

daniel1, Sep 2, 2019
  3. How to disable adaptive brightness by default

Hi Mohsin,

If you're having issue with disabling the adaptive brightness, we suggest checking this
    thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Sagnik_Chakraborty
    to troubleshoot the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Adaptive brightness disable in power options

How to disable adaptive brightness by default

I followed the steps listed in the linked thread, and still no change. I don't believe that the linked thread is dealing with the same issues that I am dealing with.

Furthermore, I do not understand why I would ever need to change registry settings, or restore default power settings. To be clear, this isn't a bug that is causing my brightness to be lower than it should, this is obviously an intended feature of
    Windows to enable adaptive brightness so that the screen adapts in differently lit environments.
    Either I'm wrong, and this isn't an intended feature (in which case, why is it there at all), or I'm right and this is an intended feature, and my point
    still stands: Why can't I disable adaptive brightness and leave it disabled permanently?

I'm quite disappointed that something as crucial as the brightness of one's screen is not implemented correctly. This should be fixed ASAP.

As for this thread and my concerns, I would still like to see if there is a solution that can be provided. Thank you.

Mohsin Ismail, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Adaptive brightness disable in power options

1. Adaptive brightness disable in power options - Similar Threads - Adaptive brightness disable

2. Disable Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable Adaptive Brightness: Machine: Lenovo P52OS: Windows10 Pro, 64-bitCPU+GPU: i7 8850H + integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630GPU 2: Nvidia Quadro P2000I cannot disable adaptive brightness. This is an ongoing issue that has been reported several times. I have tried numerous solutions but nothing seems to...
  3. Disable Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Adaptive Brightness: Machine: Lenovo P52. OS: Windows10 Pro, 64-bit. CPU+GPU: i7 8850H + integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630.GPU 2: Nvidia Quadro P2000I cannot disable adaptive brightness. This is an ongoing issue that has been reported several times. I have tried numerous solutions but nothing...
  4. Disable Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Adaptive Brightness: Machine: Lenovo P52. OS: Windows10 Pro, 64-bit. CPU+GPU: i7 8850H + integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630.GPU 2: Nvidia Quadro P2000I cannot disable adaptive brightness. This is an ongoing issue that has been reported several times. I have tried numerous solutions but nothing...
  5. Disable Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Adaptive Brightness: How do I disable adaptive brightness on my machine? I've googled this and none of the solutions seem to work, I amn not talking about night light settings, I am talking about the fact that my screen continuously dims and brightens based on the relative brightness of the page...
  6. Disabling Automatic Brightness Adaptivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Automatic Brightness Adaptivity: I just recently updated and now I'm unable to adjust the brightness to my preferred level without it going back to full brightness. Is the ability to turn off the adaptive brightness no longer an option as I don't see the check box in display?...
  7. No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan: [ATTACH] Recently I attempted to turn off adaptive Brightness as It's a pain. My system Is fully up to date, and when I went to check not only is there no option to change to the power plan as seen below. There is no option to de-activate Adaptive brightness. I attempted...
  8. No adaptive brightness option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No adaptive brightness option: Hello, I am not sure if I am asking in the correct section but long story short, I have a gaming laptop that gets too dark. In my past computers, All I would do is disable the adaptive display but I cant find it anywhere in this laptop. I have tried checking in the power...
  9. No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider: Hello everyone! I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this: My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive...
  10. Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows: How to: Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows Add or Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows Displays (especially on laptops and tablets) may utilize ambient light sensors to detect surrounding levels of light....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adaptive brightness not showing in power plan