Windows 10: Adaptive Brightness Issue

Discus and support Adaptive Brightness Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the October update (1809), my laptop is not showing the setting on "Display" for enabling or disabling the adaptive brightness. This problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YmCnG, Jan 5, 2019.

1. YmCnG Win User

Adaptive Brightness Issue

After the October update (1809), my laptop is not showing the setting on "Display" for enabling or disabling the adaptive brightness. This problem is very irritating where i have to keep changing my brightness level from time to time. The brightness level automatically decreases from browsing dark page to brighter page. Any solution for this???

P.S. I've already changed the settings to disable "Power Saving Technology" on Intel Graphics Panel Settings.

:)

YmCnG, Jan 5, 2019

2. Brightness issues

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Brightness settings after upgrading to Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• Click Apply. Click
      OK.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/all-drivers

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jan 5, 2019
  3. How to disable adaptive brightness by default

Hi Mohsin,

If you're having issue with disabling the adaptive brightness, we suggest checking this
    thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Sagnik_Chakraborty
    to troubleshoot the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Adaptive Brightness Issue

Screen brightness low & critical Error

Hi Roopesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

Method 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Adaptive Brightness Issue

1. Adaptive Brightness Issue - Similar Threads - Adaptive Brightness Issue

2. Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive Brightness: Hey all, I want to disable adaptive brightness on my laptop, but there is no option to do so in power settings, and the registry entry that I typically see people talk about is also missing. I.e my laptop doesn't have...
  3. Adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adaptive brightness: I'm using a lenovo ideapad s340 and whenever i'm on a tab that has a dark cover, the screen automatically dims. I've tried looking for the adaptive brightness setting, but it's just not there, and it's very annoying. submitted by /u/-BeefTaco- [link] [comments]...
  4. Adaptive Brightness

Adaptive Brightness: I can not seem to find the adapative brightness check box anymore did it get removed or how can I turn it on im on windows 2004 version 2019 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adaptive-brightness/14432fbc-bd8c-4c85-b036-7d67604c2b80
  5. Adaptive Brightness?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adaptive Brightness?: Hey all, I seem to have an issue with brightness automatically switching itself depending on the predominant colors being show, yet when I go to the options menu for "display" there are no options to turn off this adaptive brightening. To give the situation, when I am on a...
  6. Adaptive Brightness

Adaptive Brightness: Hello! About a month ago I built a new PC. It has windows 10 1909 installed and will not allow me to disable adaptive brightness, which is really annoying me. How could I fix this if I have already reinstalled drivers and checked for updates? The option to turn off adaptive...
  7. Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adaptive Brightness: Since upgrading to windows 10 v 1909, Build 18363.592 . I am having trouble waking my PC from sleep. Keep getting very dark screen and am unable to read anything. I have to constantly power off then back on. PC is HP all in one 23-f207a. AMD A10-6700APU with Radeon HD...
  8. Adaptive Brightness

Adaptive Brightness: Hi, I have searched everywhere, couldn't able to find a proper permanent fix for "Disabling Adaptive Brightness". It just most annoying adaptive brightness feature, In power options window under display option I don't see "Enable Adaptive Brightness" option to disable...
  9. Adaptive brightness

Adaptive brightness: Adaptive brightness defaults to 'on' when I plug in an external monitor. I have tried to untick in settings but it doesn't stick. When I exit settings & go back in the box is ticked to 'on' again....
  10. Adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adaptive brightness: My Win10 i52410 8GB laptop keeps dropping the brightness down to ~10. I reset it to ~80 & a few seconds or minutes later it drops back to ~10. I can set it on Func+F6 or use the Notifications thing on the bottom of the screen or go into Settings, makes no difference (except...