Windows 10: Adaptive brightness

Discus and support Adaptive brightness in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Win10 i52410 8GB laptop keeps dropping the brightness down to ~10. I reset it to ~80 & a few seconds or minutes later it drops back to ~10. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SimonBond1, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Adaptive brightness

My Win10 i52410 8GB laptop keeps dropping the brightness down to ~10. I reset it to ~80 & a few seconds or minutes later it drops back to ~10. I can set it on Func+F6 or use the Notifications thing on the bottom of the screen or go into Settings, makes no difference (except Func+F6 drops back with less delay).

I've been into settings looking for the Adaptive line but I don't have such a line, just how long before turn-off on battery or mains power.

It's becoming quite annoying now so please help.

Thank you

:)

SimonBond1, Nov 12, 2019

2. How to disable adaptive brightness by default

Hi Mohsin,

If you're having issue with disabling the adaptive brightness, we suggest checking this
    thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Sagnik_Chakraborty
    to troubleshoot the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Screen brightness low & critical Error

Hi Roopesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

Method 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Adaptive brightness

Brightness

Hi Maddie,

The problem you've experienced with the brightness settings could be caused by an outdated driver for your Display adapter or possible that the brightness settings on your computer may not be properly set.

For us to sort this out, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Set brightness and contrast
    from the link,
    Get the best display on your monitor

If the problem persists, then please proceed with updating the driver for the Display adapter. Follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows key
      and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on the Display adapter listed and click Properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after it's updated and verify.

You may also look into the computer manufacturer website and download and install the latest display and chipset drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Adaptive brightness

1. Adaptive brightness - Similar Threads - Adaptive brightness

2. How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?: HiI have a new desktop PC running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA Geforce 4060 Ti graphics card. Whenever I open a program with a dark background, the screen automatically dims, to the extent that the content is very hard to read. This is annoying for some apps but renders e.g....
  3. How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?: HiI have a new desktop PC running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA Geforce 4060 Ti graphics card. Whenever I open a program with a dark background, the screen automatically dims, to the extent that the content is very hard to read. This is annoying for some apps but renders e.g....
  4. Windows 11 and how to turn of adaptive brightness.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and how to turn of adaptive brightness.: Very simple, for some reason this is going bonkers, have looked at so many videos and read so many replies that all point to the same thing. Even micrsofts instuctions dont even work, what they claim is there like "brightness control" isnt. It is dimming and going bright then...
  5. Windows 11 and how to turn of adaptive brightness.

Windows 11 and how to turn of adaptive brightness.: Very simple, for some reason this is going bonkers, have looked at so many videos and read so many replies that all point to the same thing. Even micrsofts instuctions dont even work, what they claim is there like "brightness control" isnt. It is dimming and going bright then...
  6. Windows 11 and how to turn of adaptive brightness.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...: I have tried several solutions from videos and other sites. Invariably, they get to a point where I'm supposed to click on an option to turn this feature on or off and I have no such option. One site gave me instructions to solve this problem by editing the registry but I'm...
  8. I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...

I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...: I have tried several solutions from videos and other sites. Invariably, they get to a point where I'm supposed to click on an option to turn this feature on or off and I have no such option. One site gave me instructions to solve this problem by editing the registry but I'm...
  9. Hello i would like if you could tell me how to setup adaptive brightness on my pc like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello i would like if you could tell me how to setup adaptive brightness on my pc like...: I searched everywhere but didnt found anything on this topic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-would-like-if-you-could-tell-me-how-to/2f9a4ee4-674f-4efc-bd15-bc9dc57724e1
  10. Hello i would like if you could tell me how to setup adaptive brightness on my pc like...

Hello i would like if you could tell me how to setup adaptive brightness on my pc like...: I searched everywhere but didnt found anything on this topic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-would-like-if-you-could-tell-me-how-to/2f9a4ee4-674f-4efc-bd15-bc9dc57724e1