Windows 10: Adaptive brightness

Discus and support Adaptive brightness in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Win10 i52410 8GB laptop keeps dropping the brightness down to ~10. I reset it to ~80 & a few seconds or minutes later it drops back to ~10. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SimonBond1, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Adaptive brightness

My Win10 i52410 8GB laptop keeps dropping the brightness down to ~10. I reset it to ~80 & a few seconds or minutes later it drops back to ~10. I can set it on Func+F6 or use the Notifications thing on the bottom of the screen or go into Settings, makes no difference (except Func+F6 drops back with less delay).

I've been into settings looking for the Adaptive line but I don't have such a line, just how long before turn-off on battery or mains power.

It's becoming quite annoying now so please help.

Thank you

:)

SimonBond1, Nov 12, 2019

2. How to disable adaptive brightness by default

Hi Mohsin,

If you're having issue with disabling the adaptive brightness, we suggest checking this
    thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Sagnik_Chakraborty
    to troubleshoot the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Screen brightness low & critical Error

Hi Roopesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

Method 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Adaptive brightness

Brightness

Hi Maddie,

The problem you've experienced with the brightness settings could be caused by an outdated driver for your Display adapter or possible that the brightness settings on your computer may not be properly set.

For us to sort this out, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Set brightness and contrast
    from the link,
    Get the best display on your monitor

If the problem persists, then please proceed with updating the driver for the Display adapter. Follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows key
      and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on the Display adapter listed and click Properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after it's updated and verify.

You may also look into the computer manufacturer website and download and install the latest display and chipset drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Adaptive brightness

1. Adaptive brightness - Similar Threads - Adaptive brightness

2. Adaptive Brightness Setting Missing from the Power Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adaptive Brightness Setting Missing from the Power Settings.: Adaptive Power Settings is Missing from the Advance Power Options. This is happened after the recent Windows Update 1909. Windows 10 Home Single Language. OS Build : 18363.476. My Drivers are up to date and have updated all the things needed but nothing is working out....
  3. Spacebar Changing Screen Brightness In Games With Adaptive Brightness Turned Off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spacebar Changing Screen Brightness In Games With Adaptive Brightness Turned Off.: My spacebar in games will change my screen brightness from like 50% to about 70% and I don't know why, I even have adaptive brightness turned off....
  4. Adaptive Brightness issue in Windows 10 1909

Adaptive Brightness issue in Windows 10 1909: Auto Brightness not working. Drivers are up to date tried with Microsoft driver but still not working any idea. Like on Version 1809 when i plugged in charging it auto goes to 100% and if i unplugged it then it drops to 50 auto or where i set it to. i tried every solution...
  5. Editing registry to disable adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Editing registry to disable adaptive brightness: After the 1903 windows, I am having a total nightmare with adaptive brightness, my eyes hurt with the constant brightness randomly changing. I can't disable through the power options because its missing now so I am trying to edit the registry to disable adaptive brightness, I...
  6. Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone

Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone: Hello, I have a Windows Surface Pro 6. The latest Windows 10 update eliminated the Advanced Power Setting option to disable adaptive display brightness. How do I turn off the feature? I don't want my screen to auto-dim/brighten. Thanks - JRR...
  7. I can't Turn on the Adaptive Brightness

I can't Turn on the Adaptive Brightness: Before the update, every time I'd plug in my computer (or unplug) the screens brightness would adjust just a little bit. so when it was plugged in, the brightness would get just a little more vivid. Now it just stays at the brightness that it usually switches to when it's not...
  8. adaptive or auto brightness problem?

adaptive or auto brightness problem?: not display option adaptive brightness for change brightness automatically . All driver are 100% updated[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adaptive-or-auto-brightness-problem/a41dcb3c-c7a2-4497-92df-ea2c25c7fe13
  9. Enable adaptive brightness is disappeared after recent update

Enable adaptive brightness is disappeared after recent update: After the last month MS update, Enable/Disable adaptive brightness is found disappeared from power option->display. Is there any idea to restore it?...
  10. Adaptive brightness disable in power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adaptive brightness disable in power options: My 9th gen i7 laptop screen goes half to sleep in less than a minute if I'm not sitting right in front of it even when there is screen activity and sound. I don't want this because I need to see the screen even from feet away, it's scrolling music and lyrics. The setting for...