Windows 10: Adaptive controller turned off as a controller and map it to keyboard

Discus and support Adaptive controller turned off as a controller and map it to keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The game I want to play does not have an option to turn off the controller. pubg. I want to map the adaptive controller to the keyboard with a 3rd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeWolfman, May 20, 2021.

1. Adaptive controller turned off as a controller and map it to keyboard

The game I want to play does not have an option to turn off the controller. pubg. I want to map the adaptive controller to the keyboard with a 3rd party app. It works but pubg still sees it as a controller so some of the actions go between the keyboard mapping and the controller setting. Is there a way to kinda disable windows from seeing it as a controller so I can just map the keys? I hope this is clear. Windows 10 bte.

:)

MikeWolfman, May 20, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 20, 2021
  3. win 10 laptop Keyboard Controls.

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us few details,

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you update the driver for the keyboard?

• Are you facing any other issue with the keyboard?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Hardware troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select
      that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

Hope this information helps. Please get back with more details we are glad to help you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, May 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Adaptive controller turned off as a controller and map it to keyboard

Getting started with map APIs and controls

Read more: Getting started with map APIs and controls | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Adaptive controller turned off as a controller and map it to keyboard

1. Adaptive controller turned off as a controller and map it to keyboard - Similar Threads - Adaptive controller turned

2. Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...: I Have an Xbox Series S controller I use with windows 10.This issue only started happening in the last 2 days, I thought it was the battery at first but replacing that didn't fix anything.I have the Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10 because the controller was having issues...
  3. Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...: I Have an Xbox Series S controller I use with windows 10.This issue only started happening in the last 2 days, I thought it was the battery at first but replacing that didn't fix anything.I have the Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10 because the controller was having issues...
  4. Xbox series S controller and dongle. If I turn the controller off or let it turn off on its...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adaptive brightness control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive brightness control: How do I turn off the adaptive brightness control? I have a Lenovo C740 with windows 10, I've looked for any setting anywhere turn turn off this function, but it just isn't there. I know it changes the brightness whenever because I can watch the screen get brighter or dimmer...
  6. Turn off native controller support?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off native controller support?: I have controller companion so I can use my PC with my xbox controller. Well Windows 10 has its own controller support that only allows you to navigate the start menu and other various menus, which conflicts with controller companion sometimes. Is there a way to turn off the...
  7. APP & Browser control turned OFF.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APP & Browser control turned OFF.: Downloaded 3 MSFT /Flash Player updates Tue & Wed. 7/7&8/2020. The latest download was for Windows 10, Version 2004. Today checking security I had an alert that my APP & Browser Control was OFF. Never had this before. Followed the steps to turn it back on but had no luck. I...
  8. Turn off user account control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off user account control: Every time start my laptop is get this notification on my windows "restart this computer to turn off user account control". many methods implemented but nothing to gain.. was hoping that update 2004 may resolve this problem. but still facing the same issue when start my...
  9. keyboard control

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard control: dear before I was able to control my volume by f2 and f3.but its not working now.Need help to solve this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-control/caab5588-1e22-45fc-8eb8-02cf76e4da2a
  10. Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter not turning on?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter not turning on?: I recently bought a new game for my computer and i normally play it with my Xbox controller. I have had this controller for three years. I would normally Sync the controller and the Adapter, then I’m ready to play my game. But for some reason, this morning, the adapter...