Windows 10: Adaptive screen brightness

Discus and support Adaptive screen brightness in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, I'm looking for a guide on how to disable the adaptive brightness on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Ideapad 530S. The guides I've found until now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/comfyaer, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Adaptive screen brightness

Hello there,
    I'm looking for a guide on how to disable the adaptive brightness on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Ideapad 530S. The guides I've found until now all say

1. Open the “Control Panel” in the start menu.
    2. Find the click on “Power Options”.
    3. Click “Change plan settings” next to the current power plan.
    4. Choose “Change advanced power settings”.
    5. Scroll down and locate the “Display” and expand it for “Enable adaptive brightness.” This is not possible, there is no setting like that.

I've also checked the Intel Graphics Control Panel and there are no settings (I can find) there to adjust/disable it.
    All help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/comfyaer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/comfyaer, Jan 12, 2020

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Screen brightness low & critical Error

Hi Roopesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

Method 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Adaptive screen brightness

how to adjust the screen brightness?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly did you try to adjust the brightness on your system?

I suggest you to check the below link to know how to change brightness on Windows 10:Change screen brightness

If however you are not able to change the brightness, I suggest you update your display drivers and check if it helps:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Adaptive screen brightness

1. Adaptive screen brightness - Similar Threads - Adaptive screen brightness

2. Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive Brightness: Hey all, I want to disable adaptive brightness on my laptop, but there is no option to do so in power settings, and the registry entry that I typically see people talk about is also missing. I.e my laptop doesn't have...
  3. Adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adaptive brightness: I'm using a lenovo ideapad s340 and whenever i'm on a tab that has a dark cover, the screen automatically dims. I've tried looking for the adaptive brightness setting, but it's just not there, and it's very annoying. submitted by /u/-BeefTaco- [link] [comments]...
  4. Adaptive Brightness

Adaptive Brightness: I can not seem to find the adapative brightness check box anymore did it get removed or how can I turn it on im on windows 2004 version 2019 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adaptive-brightness/14432fbc-bd8c-4c85-b036-7d67604c2b80
  5. Adaptive Brightness?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adaptive Brightness?: Hey all, I seem to have an issue with brightness automatically switching itself depending on the predominant colors being show, yet when I go to the options menu for "display" there are no options to turn off this adaptive brightening. To give the situation, when I am on a...
  6. Adaptive Brightness

Adaptive Brightness: Hello! About a month ago I built a new PC. It has windows 10 1909 installed and will not allow me to disable adaptive brightness, which is really annoying me. How could I fix this if I have already reinstalled drivers and checked for updates? The option to turn off adaptive...
  7. Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adaptive Brightness: Since upgrading to windows 10 v 1909, Build 18363.592 . I am having trouble waking my PC from sleep. Keep getting very dark screen and am unable to read anything. I have to constantly power off then back on. PC is HP all in one 23-f207a. AMD A10-6700APU with Radeon HD...
  8. Adaptive Brightness

Adaptive Brightness: Hi, I have searched everywhere, couldn't able to find a proper permanent fix for "Disabling Adaptive Brightness". It just most annoying adaptive brightness feature, In power options window under display option I don't see "Enable Adaptive Brightness" option to disable...
  9. Adaptive brightness

Adaptive brightness: Adaptive brightness defaults to 'on' when I plug in an external monitor. I have tried to untick in settings but it doesn't stick. When I exit settings & go back in the box is ticked to 'on' again....
  10. Adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adaptive brightness: My Win10 i52410 8GB laptop keeps dropping the brightness down to ~10. I reset it to ~80 & a few seconds or minutes later it drops back to ~10. I can set it on Func+F6 or use the Notifications thing on the bottom of the screen or go into Settings, makes no difference (except...