Windows 10: Add a button to quickly calculate the volume or surface area of a complex shape.

Discus and support Add a button to quickly calculate the volume or surface area of a complex shape. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft, I love your 3D builder program for taking concepts and turning them into something tangible. At first, I didn't bother with the accurate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnhydrousElite, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Add a button to quickly calculate the volume or surface area of a complex shape.

Microsoft,

I love your 3D builder program for taking concepts and turning them into something tangible. At first, I didn't bother with the accurate measurements when building models, but lately I have. I found myself forming some shapes: cones, cylinders, etc. I'm doing some math to get an idea of the structural integrity/support systems needed to hold the weight of the item, and to calculate the weight I have to figure out the volume of these shapes. I know it is possible using simple formulas, but it would be nice to have a one-click, "show me the volume" option.

Also, when making an item Hollow: there should be more options for wall thickness. For example, If I am building something using massive parts, it would be nice to allow a 1 inch thick option for hollowing an object, rather than the current maximum of 10mm.

:)

AnhydrousElite, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Add a button to quickly calculate the volume or surface area of a complex shape. :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Add a button to quickly calculate the volume or surface area of a complex shape.

Volume button is invisible on taskbar.

Hi,

You can customize which icons to appear on the taskbar. Based on the information you have provided it possible that the volume was not set to appear on the taskbar. To customize the taskbar notification area, you can refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Settings, and then hit Enter.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Click Volume button to toggle it on or off.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Add a button to quickly calculate the volume or surface area of a complex shape.

1. Add a button to quickly calculate the volume or surface area of a complex shape. - Similar Threads - Add button quickly

2. volume buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  3. volume buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  4. add a shrink windows button in a specific area on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    add a shrink windows button in a specific area on taskbar: have this button on the taskbar [green arrow] it shrinks my windows to the task bar, it allows me to see the desktop. I want to add another button just like it to the other side [red arrow] either in the ^ box or next to the volume. I tried to create one on the desktop and...
  5. add a shrink windows button in a specific area on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add a shrink windows button in a specific area on taskbar: have this button on the taskbar [green arrow] it shrinks my windows to the task bar, it allows me to see the desktop. I want to add another button just like it to the other side [red arrow] either in the ^ box or next to the volume. I tried to create one on the desktop and...
  6. add a shrink windows button in a specific area on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working

Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working: Got a new Windows 10 PC on Monday and of course many updates needed downloading....including Windows 10, version 2004 on Friday of last week. However since then Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working. I have tried numerous methods shown to...
  8. Volume buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume buttons: My volume buttons aren't working, how do turn down up or down the volume with the volume buttons on the keyboard? I have the Surface Laptop burgundy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/d069bf98-9209-49c9-a6df-a5a2608b0306
  9. Add file explorer to start button area?

Add file explorer to start button area?: By that I mean here: [img] I want to pin/add File Explorer to that as well. 77191
  10. Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button: I have a new Surface Laptop and want to boot to a USB thumb. Unlike the Surface Pro, the laptop does not have a Volume button. It does use F5/F6, but neither work for booting. I know that I can select a custom startup from within Win 10 Pro, but want to go from power off to...