Windows 10: Add a delay/snooze to a Task Scheduler task

Discus and support Add a delay/snooze to a Task Scheduler task in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good afternoon, everyone. So what I’m trying to do is use Task Scheduler to force a restart of a computer every Friday at around 5 PM. I have figured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexKol12, Mar 29, 2023.

1. AlexKol12 Win User

Add a delay/snooze to a Task Scheduler task

Good afternoon, everyone. So what I’m trying to do is use Task Scheduler to force a restart of a computer every Friday at around 5 PM. I have figured out how to create the Task and it is working correctly. Every Friday the laptop restarts at 5 PM but I was wondering if anyone knows how to add a delay option. Like an option to snooze/delay the force restart 3 times and then on the 3rd time it will restart no matter what. The current command I’m using is shutdown /r /fThank you very much!

:)

AlexKol12, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Add a delay/snooze to a Task Scheduler task

1. Add a delay/snooze to a Task Scheduler task - Similar Threads - Add delay snooze

2. task schedule delayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task schedule delayed: Hello.i have create a task for wake up my laptop after hibernation.I choose to run qbittorrent.The scheduled time is 7:40 pm but the laptop wake up about 5-6 minutes later.I have chosen ''auto sync tyme zone'' and ''start with high privilege'' .Any ide about this delay?...
  3. task schedule delayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task schedule delayed: Hello.i have create a task for wake up my laptop after hibernation.I choose to run qbittorrent.The scheduled time is 7:40 pm but the laptop wake up about 5-6 minutes later.I have chosen ''auto sync tyme zone'' and ''start with high privilege'' .Any ide about this delay?...
  4. Add a delay/snooze to a Task Scheduler task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a delay/snooze to a Task Scheduler task: Good afternoon, everyone. So what I’m trying to do is use Task Scheduler to force a restart of a computer every Friday at around 5 PM. I have figured out how to create the Task and it is working correctly. Every Friday the laptop restarts at 5 PM but I was wondering if anyone...
  5. Add a delay/snooze to a Task Scheduler task

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add a delay/snooze to a Task Scheduler task: Good afternoon, everyone. So what I’m trying to do is use Task Scheduler to force a restart of a computer every Friday at around 5 PM. I have figured out how to create the Task and it is working correctly. Every Friday the laptop restarts at 5 PM but I was wondering if anyone...
  6. How to add "Check for Updates" as a task in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add "Check for Updates" as a task in Task Scheduler?: I want it to check for updates once in an hour. Can anybody help me with that? Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-check-for-updates-as-a-task-in-task/7ff860e6-f78c-47cc-bc9b-d7faf853220e
  7. How to add "Check for Updates" as a task in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add "Check for Updates" as a task in Task Scheduler?: I want it to check for updates once in an hour. Can anybody help me with that? Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-check-for-updates-as-a-task-in-task/7ff860e6-f78c-47cc-bc9b-d7faf853220e
  8. How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler: [ATTACH]People who use their Windows 10 computer as a professional resort must know what an important role the Task Scheduler can play. Deploying your efforts in work may require you to perform certain tasks daily, and you can create and automate these tasks with the help of...
  9. Task scheduler - add a task with .exe and input files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler - add a task with .exe and input files: Need help - when I ran .exe manualy with input files , the .exe create reports . When I add the .exe in the task scheduler , looks like is not finding the input files . How to fix this ? Where have to place the input files...
  10. Delay a Scheduled Task for 10 seconds?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delay a Scheduled Task for 10 seconds?: the lowest the Task Scheduler options allow to go is 30 seconds. Any way to get it down to 10? 131226