Windows 10: Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu?

Discus and support Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The start menu has groups of apps on the right side, e.g., Productivity, Explore, etc. How do I add a group of my own choosing?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BillGilmore, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu?

The start menu has groups of apps on the right side, e.g., Productivity, Explore, etc. How do I add a group of my own choosing?

:)

BillGilmore, Jan 4, 2020

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

At first, you can create a shortcut in your Programs folder
    (in a hidden folder C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs). The shortcut appears in
    All apps list. Then you can pin it to Start menu / Taskbar as Mayank Gupta10 suggested.

The common way is to create a shortcut on the Desktop.
    But the more elegant way is creating Custom toolbars.

Sergiy Shklyar, Jan 4, 2020
  3. RodHarney Win User
    How to pin shortcut to start menu.

This sounds great... only problem is that the hidden folder in Windows 10 "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" contains five folders and no files. If I add my shortcut to the "Programs" folder as suggested, it does NOT appear
    in the "All apps" list. If I put it in the "Windows System" folder, a subfolder of "Programs" which contains 7 other shortcuts that show up in "All apps", my shortcut still does not appear. I really don't care about "The common way" or "the more elegant way",
    I just want to know how to accomplish this, and so far, these solutions just don't work. It seems like there should be a folder, somewhere, where all the shortcuts for the "All apps" list are stored. I hope someone can help me with this frustrating issue.

RodHarney, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu?

Can't add shortcuts to all apps in start menu

Hello,

I understand your concern. please follow the below simple steps, and check.

Refer to the suggestion provided by Shawn 'cmdr' Keene [MVP] replied on August 5, 2015 from the below link
    How to ADD a shortcut to "All Apps" menus in Start Menu W10

How to ADD a shortcut to "All Apps" menus in Start Menu W10

Do let us know the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu?

1. Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu? - Similar Threads - Add group app

2. Lost shortcuts for apps in start menu of windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost shortcuts for apps in start menu of windows: Hello community, I accidentally deleted the shortcuts for many of the programs I have from the start folder in Windows File Explorer. I don't know how to get them back. Please help me....
  3. Start Menu shortcuts for Windows Store apps

Start Menu shortcuts for Windows Store apps: Most desktop apps create Start Menu shortcuts by default. I can change the names of shortcuts e.g. "Firefox" -> "Mozilla Firefox", create new ones, or delete existing ones by accessing the shortcut files on my PC. Usually, these are located at...
  4. Any way to add a "nickname" to a start menu shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to add a "nickname" to a start menu shortcut?: Specifically I want to be able to open Visual Studio Code by searching VS Code instead. League of Legends allows me to search "lol" to have the program immediately come to the top, is there any way I can replicate this? submitted by /u/MattHellstrand [link] [comments]...
  5. Start Menu Groups

Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  6. How do I add more groups to the start menu?

How do I add more groups to the start menu?: So far I have a Productivity category and one that was unnamed. In case you don't know what I'm referring to it's the category lines in the 'squares' part of the Start Menu....
  7. Add Desktop shortcut to Start Menu (Broken in Rev 1803)

Add Desktop shortcut to Start Menu (Broken in Rev 1803): The previous technique used to add shortcuts from the desktop to Start involved adding shortcuts to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. This used to cause these shortcuts to appear in the start menu (perhaps under recently add items)...
  8. Can't add shortcuts to start menu

Can't add shortcuts to start menu: I can't pin shortcuts to start menu , i tried drag and drop , but it won't let me. I also don't have a "Start Menu' tab in taskbar properties. [img] [img] 10986
  9. Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu

Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu: So, I've been trying to add a few things to the app list in the start menu for a while now. Every site I've gone to says to put the shortcuts in "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs". I have done that multiple times, checked to make sure the shortcuts were pointed...
  10. How apps are grouped under the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How apps are grouped under the Start menu: Noticed in Windows 10 that when I install different products from the same developer they all end up under the "root" developer folder rather than in sub-groups lacking a better word for it but hope you still understand what I mean. I have lots of airport scenery products...