Windows 10: Add a "LOCK MICROPHONE REC. LEVEL" please???!!!

Discus and support Add a "LOCK MICROPHONE REC. LEVEL" please???!!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This has been going on for years... and I am not the only one to have this problem. This is crazy annoying in our day and age: I use my microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Poutineman, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Add a "LOCK MICROPHONE REC. LEVEL" please???!!!

This has been going on for years... and I am not the only one to have this problem. This is crazy annoying in our day and age: I use my microphone everyday. People are constantly complaining that I am too loud and there is nothing I can do. My #$#@% microphone mic levels keep adjusting auto.

Can you SIMPLY add a check box with "Lock mic. rec. level" underneath the slider? This would override everything. Once you click on this, no software, service or anything can adjust the level. You are in total control. This doesn't seem to be like an IMPOSSIBLE feature to include. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN QUICKLY!!!

Add a "LOCK MICROPHONE REC. LEVEL" please???!!! 5fccdbad-6060-46b2-ad65-597c1aa1f1ee?upload=true.png

P.S.: I have uninstalled Skype, I have unchecked the "Allow applications to take exclusive ...", nothing works.

:)

Poutineman, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Feb 26, 2019
  3. microphon

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Add a "LOCK MICROPHONE REC. LEVEL" please???!!!

Microphone Levels Dropping to Zero

Hi,

To better understand your concern about your headset's microphone, we'd like to know the following:

• If this is isolated to a single or multiple programs.
    • If you have tried other USB ports on your device.
    • If your concern is replicated when your headset is used on another device.

In the meantime, you can check the steps on how to troubleshoot microphone issues on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Add a "LOCK MICROPHONE REC. LEVEL" please???!!!

1. Add a "LOCK MICROPHONE REC. LEVEL" please???!!! - Similar Threads - Add LOCK MICROPHONE

2. Microphone Levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Levels: Hey, my microphone wont turn on in the Levels tab, it just doesn't wanna turn on [ATTACH] i can't turn this on and i don't know why. Please someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-levels/c42b3b66-e66d-4d10-9586-c61849504523
  3. Microphone level

Microphone level: Why don't I have the option to increase or decrease the decibels of my microphone? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-level/ab254916-e35f-49ae-a999-3e6a75bf94d0
  4. extremely low microphone level please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    extremely low microphone level please help: i had this problem with having low microphone levels ever since i got my pc. people in-game, discord, etc. can't hear me because my mic is extremely low. i tried everything from going into my advanced sounds settings, then to "recording", then go to levels for the microphone...
  5. Microphone Sound Level Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Sound Level Changing: I'm trying to adjust my microphones volume level by setting the level manually then using and voice recorder program to hear how it sounds. My computer however is automatically changing the volume level to what it thinks it should be when I speak and it is too high. How do I...
  6. Microphone level too quiet.

Microphone level too quiet.: Issue: I'd like to increase the volume of my microphone. Following an update overnight the input level is too quiet. Testing it in the control panel currently gives readings of 1-3%. Steps taken so far: I increased the volume of the microphone in device manager to full,...
  7. Microphon autolowering levels

Microphon autolowering levels: Hi, I have this issue with that is driving me furious, that Windows 10 manages the microphon level without my consent. Imean who do you think you are Microsoft to allow yourselves to interfere with the way i use my microphon ??? I've seen this question already asked on...
  8. How to add microphone level to volume mixer?

How to add microphone level to volume mixer?: I have bought a microphone, but if i open volume mixer, or any other program, i dont see my microphone. I tried other microphones but they also don't work. I want to make video's but my mic doesn't work. please help me out....
  9. Microphone Levels Broken

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microphone Levels Broken: So, i enjoy skype calling my friend but she always complains about an insanely loud buzzing always in the background when she calls me. Today i decided to fix that, and every youtube tutorial i watch tells me to go into my microphone settings and in the levels tab turn down...
  10. brightness level locked at lowest level

brightness level locked at lowest level: I am completely unable to change the brightness level. i have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, rebooted in excess of 20 times, i still cant change it in safe mode. is there any way to fix this, or am I going to have to waste hours of time reinstalling the most buggy OS ever...