Windows 10: Add a network location ERROR: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please...

Discus and support Add a network location ERROR: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently added a network location on a local PC windows 10 with the shared folder test folder and test user located on Windows Server 2012 R2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Morne Ritz, May 11, 2020.

1. Add a network location ERROR: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please...

I have recently added a network location on a local PC windows 10 with the shared folder test folder and test user located on Windows Server 2012 R2. It worked perfectly fine with the test folder. I then went on to add a drive to the server and added the actual file I wanted to share with the correct users just as before with the test ones. Now when I try to map this folder on a local PC have tried on more than 1 I get the ERROR: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another." It is just a simple \\server\share path and now all of a sudden, after I added a new hard drive, I cant access my new shared folder from my the local PC's. It asks me for a the Username and Password after I entered the path \\server\share and then after I type it in it gives the ERROR.

:)

Morne Ritz, May 11, 2020

2. add a network location: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid"

A coworker is trying to map to a folder on a server running SBS 2011. He's running Windows 10, as am I. He is in a different location, in a different state. The server is in his building.

Using his login credentials for the server I'm able to add a network location that looks like this:

\\192.168.1.4\images

He is not. He gets "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid".

He is able to see the web page running on that server:

https://192.168.1.4

so it appears that he is able to see the machine.

From the command prompt

net use S: \\192.168.1.4

works for me, and for him it gives error 53.

I have admin access to the server. The folder is shared with everyone, read/write access. Other people, including me, and also me using his credentials, are able to see the folder. He's sharing screen shots, so I know he's typing or copy/pasting correctly,
    including the backslashes.

Any ideas?

Does his own machine need to be set for private network profile?

AmyHughes1, May 11, 2020
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, May 11, 2020
  4. Add a network location ERROR: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please...

failing to add webserver as network location

I failed to add a college class webserver as network location. Once I’ve managed to add it, but then the webserver disappeared from the network location. I tried to add it for the second time but
    received an error message that the folder doesn't appear to be valid.
    However, I know for sure that the folder is valid

ManuelJackson1, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Add a network location ERROR: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please...

1. Add a network location ERROR: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please... - Similar Threads - Add network location

2. Error when I tried to add a network location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error when I tried to add a network location: Hi,I´ve been trying to add a network location and windows don´t allow me to do it, I´ve received below message"The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another."Other people can add and access to the same network location without issues...
  3. Error when I tried to add a network location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when I tried to add a network location: Hi,I´ve been trying to add a network location and windows don´t allow me to do it, I´ve received below message"The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another."Other people can add and access to the same network location without issues...
  4. Error when I tried to add a network location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "The CD key you entered is not valid"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The CD key you entered is not valid": I'm using VMware Workstation 16 ProI entered the product key then it says:"The CD key you entered is not valid"can you help me please?I'm currently using virtual machine....
  6. "The CD key you entered is not valid"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The CD key you entered is not valid": I'm using VMware Workstation 16 ProI entered the product key then it says:"The CD key you entered is not valid"can you help me pleaseI'm currently using virtual machine...
  7. Add Network Location (Not Responding)

Add Network Location (Not Responding): Attempting to add an network location using that feature of Explorer in Win 10 1909 18363.720. After input of network path location and selecting Next the wizard stops becoming unresponsive, and shows in title bar (Not Responding). I have waited as much as 30 minutes but the...
  8. Add a network location

Add a network location: I have two Win 10 Pro 1909 computers on same LAN and some tasks I do on one and others on the second. Occasionally, I need to pull files from one to the other but not often. So I decided to add a specific folder on one using "Add a network location". Got the IP address...
  9. add a network location: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid"

add a network location: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid": A coworker is trying to map to a folder on a server running SBS 2011. He's running Windows 10, as am I. He is in a different location, in a different state. The server is in his building. Using his login credentials for the server I'm able to add a network location that...
  10. Location tab does not appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Location tab does not appear: Hello everyone, On some folders the Location tab does not appear. I try to change the location of onedrive folder tab but the location is not displayed. Do you know why ? 30610

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the folder you entered does not appear valid network

2. network location The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another

3. add network location the folder you entered does not appear to be valid