Windows 10: Add a new child account - what's the best way?

Discus and support Add a new child account - what's the best way? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We already have a family setup. Myself as head of household for the PC (admin), my wife as adult standard account and our son as a child account. We... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scottyboy99, May 31, 2016.

1. Add a new child account - what's the best way?

We already have a family setup. Myself as head of household for the PC (admin), my wife as adult standard account and our son as a child account. We can all login without drama to the Windows 10 machine. However, now we want to give our second child an email address and a user account for the PC. They don't have their own email address at the moment. So I wonder what the safest (non buggy) way of achieving this is. I really cannot remember if our existing child account was live before Windows 10 or not. And I am sceptical of Windows 10 and it's unpredictability. Am I better off creating the new child account via a browser and then adding it to our family? Or should I use the Windows 10 settings GUI for users, click add a family member, select child, click that this person does not have an MS Account and trust Windows 10 itself to set this up?

the reason I am a bit distrusting, is whilst our desktop operates fine we had a laptop that had disastrous results dealing with multi user accounts in Windows 10. There were some major glitches logging into MS accounts and our son couldn't even use his account properly as edge and IE11 would take ages to respond - presumably due to problems with login. The story is much more detailed than this mere paragraph but this old thread link below gives a flavour of the pain we endured before we ended up getting rid of the machine (it had a couple other unrelated issues too). As a result my our confidence in Windows 10 is very low and to this day we cannot determine if it was a machine specific nightmare or an inherent issue with Windows 10 itself and its inability to cope with family setups across two different machines.

User account and family issues - Windows 10 Forums

:)

Scottyboy99, May 31, 2016

2. How to Add One more Child Account in WIndow 10 Laptop

I may have one more question

I found that my child account set Birthday on year 1969. I was unable to change the Birthday to 2004. As a result, the child account was not controlled use time from Screen Time crrectly

Now I like to add another child account to control the use time

I downloaded Rbox game for my son. If I add the new account for him, Is Rbox game shown on the new account?

Thanks,

Best,

Timothy Nguyen_04, May 31, 2016
  3. Juraj77 Win User
    Changing parents

Dear all,

Me and my wife, we had two accounts on Microsoft (2 for each). We have set up account for our child and then we have consolidated accounts - i.e. we terminated old accounts. Unfortunately, old accounts were as a parents account for the child.

I cannot add a child using new accounts, child cannot delete parents and old accounts are terminated and we cannot log in...

Please could you advice on action we should do?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Juraj

Juraj77, May 31, 2016
  4. Add a new child account - what's the best way?

For the benefit of others this went seamlessly. I decided to login to my account via a browser and add a child to the family. It led me to setting up their new email. When I turned on my PC and went into accounts the new child was already listed, I just had to allow them to login and after that they were officially added as a new user to the PC

Scottyboy99, Jun 7, 2016
Thema:

Add a new child account - what's the best way?

1. Add a new child account - what's the best way? - Similar Threads - Add child account

2. add money to child's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add money to child's account: I am unable to add money to my child's account. I was able to make two transactions but after that i am unable to do that. I have even waited for two days as advised but to no avail....
  3. add money to child's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add money to child's account: I am unable to add money to my child's account. I was able to make two transactions but after that i am unable to do that. I have even waited for two days as advised but to no avail....
  4. Best way to add external storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best way to add external storage: I am looking forward to making a lot more video files. Since they are 50 times larger than document files I am considering ways to add external storage to my Windows 10 PCs. I am experimenting with two 2 TB external hard drives made by JMicron. After I attached them to USB...
  5. What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?: I just got a NVMe drive and reinstalled Windows 10. I want to copy all my settings from my old drive which I was only using for a few months. Can I copy my entire user profile or something? Thanks for any ideas! submitted by /u/zWeApOnz [link] [comments]...
  6. Add device to child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add device to child account: I cannot add a 2nd device to child account. He can only see xbox. Why is this so difficult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-device-to-child-account/e15d7f09-5495-40bd-a0c2-e87b87fb3eb4
  7. What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?: I tried to just put them in the video title but i run out of room. Is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/FinancialJello4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8w1th/what_is_the_best_way_to_add_tags_to_videos_on_my/
  8. Add computer to the child's account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add computer to the child's account: I cannot add another computer to my child’s account. I have added 3 devices before but he says that he is always shut off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-computer-to-the-childs-account/01a74b2a-c5ba-4c90-b2d4-4d15b32c1181
  9. Best way to add custom tiles?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Best way to add custom tiles?: I've seen some different solutions, but I've been wondering what really is the absolute best way to add your own custom tiles to the start menu. Hopefully without having it open a separate program everytime you want to use one of your own. Currently Windows 10 makes all the...
  10. What is the "best" way to stand up a new HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the "best" way to stand up a new HDD: I am having various issues/and Event errors that I'm trying to clean up. They include BITS and Perflib errors and Malwarebytes is not automatically or manually updating, requiring me to reinstall about every other day. The biggest issue is that, when I log out, the system...