Windows 10: Add a new phone number to my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Add a new phone number to my Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, please tell me how to add a new phone number to my MS account. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thuan9412, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Thuan9412 Win User

Add a new phone number to my Microsoft Account

Hi, please tell me how to add a new phone number to my MS account. Thanks

:)

Thuan9412, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

3. Tetsujin Win User
    How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Add a new phone number to my Microsoft Account

How to change phone number associated with a microsoft account

Hi,

Phone number is one of your security info, which is only used to verify your identity if you're accessing sensitive personal information or if we detect a problem with your account.
    To change the phone number associated with your Microsoft account, we recommend to follow the steps below:

• First, go to the
      Security basics
      page and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Select Update info.
    • Select Add security info. then follow the instructions to enter your email or phone number.
    • We'll send a security code to that new email or phone number. Enter that security code, and press
      Next. Your new security info will appear in you list.

Check this
    link
    for Security info & security codes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Marvelos Reg, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Add a new phone number to my Microsoft Account

1. Add a new phone number to my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Add phone number

2. Cannot add a phone number to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add a phone number to my microsoft account: I have been trying for 4 hours, on and off, and keep getting a multitude of issues. At first it couldn’t add my phone number to the account, but then it told me to try another verification process. However, I am only adding a number to a verified account so that I can claim...
  3. Cannot add a phone number to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add a phone number to my microsoft account: I have been trying for 4 hours, on and off, and keep getting a multitude of issues. At first it couldn’t add my phone number to the account, but then it told me to try another verification process. However, I am only adding a number to a verified account so that I can claim...
  4. Unable to add a phone number to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add a phone number to my account: I have been trying for at least 2 weeks now to add a phone number to my Microsoft account under Account info. First, when entering the number and before I would get a code, I received the message, "Try another verification method" when I'm given no other choice. Then when I...
  5. Unable to add a phone number to my account

Unable to add a phone number to my account: I have been trying for at least 2 weeks now to add a phone number to my Microsoft account under Account info. First, when entering the number and before I would get a code, I received the message, "Try another verification method" when I'm given no other choice. Then when I...
  6. Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.: Whenever I try to add my phone number to my account, this notification appears: The phone number you entered isn’t valid. Your phone number can contain numbers, spaces and these special characters: [ ] . - * /. I've tried restarting my computer, trying to do it on my phone,...
  7. Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.

Can't add my phone number to my microsoft account.: Whenever I try to add my phone number to my account, this notification appears: The phone number you entered isn’t valid. Your phone number can contain numbers, spaces and these special characters: [ ] . - * /. I've tried restarting my computer, trying to do it on my phone,...
  8. CAN NOT ADD MY PHONE NUMBER TO MY ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN NOT ADD MY PHONE NUMBER TO MY ACCOUNT: Amazing how a BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY HAS NO CLUE how to add a landline phone number to my account so I can get a verification code to redeem points ... and before you reply...NO CELL HERE ...Seems like every other verification companies use allows a landline with NO...
  9. CAN NOT ADD MY PHONE NUMBER TO MY ACCOUNT

CAN NOT ADD MY PHONE NUMBER TO MY ACCOUNT: Amazing how a BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY HAS NO CLUE how to add a landline phone number to my account so I can get a verification code to redeem points ... and before you reply...NO CELL HERE ...Seems like every other verification companies use allows a landline with NO...
  10. CAN NOT ADD MY PHONE NUMBER TO MY ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization