Windows 10: Add a Pin to an existing MS Account

Discus and support Add a Pin to an existing MS Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop both running W10 Pro build 1909 using my MS account. When I set up the desktop I did so with a PIN. Didn't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JJG10, May 23, 2020.

1. JJG10 Win User

Add a Pin to an existing MS Account

I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop both running W10 Pro build 1909 using my MS account. When I set up the desktop I did so with a PIN. Didn't think to do that when I did the laptop. Is there a way at this late date to assign a PIN to the laptop -- preferably the same one as used for the desktop?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, May 23, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 23, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 23, 2020
  4. Add a Pin to an existing MS Account

Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

Add a Pin to an existing MS Account 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Add a Pin to an existing MS Account

1. Add a Pin to an existing MS Account - Similar Threads - Add Pin existing

2. An account already exist, not able to add account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An account already exist, not able to add account in Windows 11: Hello,I am writing this from my daughters account, I am her father.I am not able to add her account as another user.I have got the message that her account already is connected to this PC.Background:When I tried to add her account it took very long time to get the...
  3. An account already exist, not able to add account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An account already exist, not able to add account in Windows 11: Hello,I am writing this from my daughters account, I am her father.I am not able to add her account as another user.I have got the message that her account already is connected to this PC.Background:When I tried to add her account it took very long time to get the...
  4. Can't Add Device to Existing Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Add Device to Existing Microsoft Account: Had a new Win10 computer made for me and can't add it to MS account; says invalid Serial #. Is that because it was built for me and I'll never be able to add it to the account?...
  5. Require Pin to add account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require Pin to add account: I have just created a new outlook account and I have just installed outlook. When trying to log-in it asks me for my windows pin. But I haven't set up a windows pin yet. The internet is telling me to go to accounts and settings on my computer but that has my partner's account...
  6. Unable to add pre-existing account to laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to add pre-existing account to laptop: My laptop had an account on it which over time I have changed emails to using my pre-built desktop. It stayed on the laptop for whatever reason. Today I attempted to sign into the account using the new email. It added a new account to the laptop and everytime I put in my...
  7. Can't add computer to MS Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add computer to MS Account: New Win 10 Pro 1903 build. I log into it with a password and/or pin. I go to my MS account to add new device and it forces me sign into my computer with my MS Account. On another computer I did this thinking I coudl change it back and it would not let me use the same user...
  8. Am unable to add an existing account to People

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am unable to add an existing account to People: Trying to add my (new) account to People but keep getting an error - Something went wrong We're sorry, but we were unable to do that. Error code: 0x80004005....
  9. Cannot Add PIN to User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Add PIN to User Account: I upgraded to v1607 and lost my PIN sign-in option. I went to go add my PIN back and the "Add" button did absolutely nothing. I looked on the Microsoft answers page and it said to delete the contents of the NGC folder, so I did that too. That did not solve the problem...
  10. PIN-code not working and no user account existing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN-code not working and no user account existing: Hello community. I have Windows 10 installed with Insider version 14332. I cannot access any account settings or change credentials such as password or enter a PIN code. When I want to login with my PIN-code it says "Object not found". I would like to have some help...