Windows 10: 'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately

Discus and support 'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I click 'Add a printer' in Control Panel, a window flashes on the screen then immediately closes. If I click 'Add a printer or scanner' from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DrGlick, Aug 11, 2019.

1. DrGlick Win User

'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately

If I click 'Add a printer' in Control Panel, a window flashes on the screen then immediately closes. If I click 'Add a printer or scanner' from the Settings application, the application hangs for a moment then crashes. I have tried this fix here: Upgrade to Windows 10 Can't Install Printer - Spiceworks from an identical laptop but to no avail.

Specs:
    MSI GP62 7RD Leopard (laptop)
    i7-7700HQ
    16GB RAM
    GTX 1050
    Windows 10 Home 1809
    System drive: 128GB SSD
    Additional drive: 1TB HDD

Thanks in advance.

:)

DrGlick, Aug 11, 2019

2. No printer dialog box

I am in a file folder and highlighting the files I want to print then clicking the print button. It immediately goes to print. No dialog box, just a box showing it is printing to the printer.

Shelby County Health DepartmentIndiana, Aug 11, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 11, 2019
  4. 'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately

unneeded printer warning dialog

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

The issue you are facing could be due to the printer driver is being out dated. Try the below methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below provided information:

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the printer driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Print Queues and expand it.

• Right click on the printer and click on
      updates.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to go to the printer manufacturer website and download the latest printer updated diver and install the same. Visit the below link.

HP Photosmart C6200 All-in-One Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately

1. 'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately - Similar Threads - 'Add printer' dialog

2. Modern PrintDialogue crashing. Window with printer logo appears and closes immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern PrintDialogue crashing. Window with printer logo appears and closes immediately.: Greetings, After updating several Windows 10 PCs in our company to 1903, some (not all) computers have issues opening the modern Print Dialogue. If you try to print from a modern App, the PrintDialogue window pops up with the printer icon, and immediately closes. The...
  3. can't add printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't add printer: When I click add a printer the screen blinks and looks like a new window is going to open, but doesn't. Sometimes it also will automatically close the settings window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-printer/4f7bbd01-4806-466f-9297-753645ff9b48
  4. "Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog: Hi, I am running Windows 10, and, when I go to the "Devices and Printers" window, I have no "Add a Device" or "Add a Printer" dialog appearing when I click the related buttons in the top-right. I only see a brief flash of a blank opening window, and then nothing. I am...
  5. Immediate crash Opening Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Immediate crash Opening Outlook 2016: When starting Outlook 2016, a User Account Control dialog comes up asking for permission to "allow this app to make changes". Clicking OK, causes an immediate crash to desktop and "Outlook has stopped working" message. Starting a second time brings up a dialog "do you want...
  6. Edge crashes immediately on start up

in Browsers and Email
    Edge crashes immediately on start up: I just did a clean install of Windows 10 on a machine that had previously been upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. The only thing I have done so far, is let the updates complete. When I try to open Edge, it immediately crashes. By experimenting a little, it seems to be...
  7. Add Google Drive to File Open dialog

Add Google Drive to File Open dialog: I recently bought a small 11" laptop to use remotely when I'm out of pocket. It doesn't have a hard drive, only 32gb of flash memory. That's ok, but I really want to minimize what I transfer to the memory. But hey, it's 2016 and we have the cloud, right? So on my main laptop...
  8. Add IP Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add IP Printer: Hell Y'all. I hope someone can help me. I am trying to add a Xerox network printer. Have gone through the normal add printer process and via IP. The printer does not show up under printers but is listed under unspecified. I can not click on or right click on. if I mouse over...
  9. Apps Immediately Crash

Apps Immediately Crash: Hi Everyone, I've run into this problem where I'm offline and I open a modern app, I might see the app for a moments, but then immediately closes or crashes. It doesn't seem to happen to the mall/calendar app that comes with Windows 10. I've noticed though that sometimes...
  10. Add network printers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add network printers: Hello, Windows does not automatically detect networks printers ... with 7 and 8.1 I had to manually install them using their IP but it's not possible to do this with the TP ... any idea ? 4539

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 add device window crashes immediately