Windows 10: 'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately

Discus and support 'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I click 'Add a printer' in Control Panel, a window flashes on the screen then immediately closes. If I click 'Add a printer or scanner' from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DrGlick, Aug 11, 2019.

1. DrGlick Win User

'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately

If I click 'Add a printer' in Control Panel, a window flashes on the screen then immediately closes. If I click 'Add a printer or scanner' from the Settings application, the application hangs for a moment then crashes. I have tried this fix here: Upgrade to Windows 10 Can't Install Printer - Spiceworks from an identical laptop but to no avail.

Specs:
    MSI GP62 7RD Leopard (laptop)
    i7-7700HQ
    16GB RAM
    GTX 1050
    Windows 10 Home 1809
    System drive: 128GB SSD
    Additional drive: 1TB HDD

Thanks in advance.

:)

DrGlick, Aug 11, 2019

2. No printer dialog box

I am in a file folder and highlighting the files I want to print then clicking the print button. It immediately goes to print. No dialog box, just a box showing it is printing to the printer.

Shelby County Health DepartmentIndiana, Aug 11, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 11, 2019
  4. 'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately

unneeded printer warning dialog

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

The issue you are facing could be due to the printer driver is being out dated. Try the below methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below provided information:

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the printer driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Print Queues and expand it.

• Right click on the printer and click on
      updates.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to go to the printer manufacturer website and download the latest printer updated diver and install the same. Visit the below link.

HP Photosmart C6200 All-in-One Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately

1. 'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately - Similar Threads - 'Add printer' dialog

2. Add Printer Dialog Flashes and then Disappears -- Solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Printer Dialog Flashes and then Disappears -- Solution: I usually use USB to print directly as my PC does not have wifi.Recently, I added a USB wifi device and tried to connect to our printer via wifi. I had the problem that many other users seem to have where the printer dialog box quickly displays and then disappears so I could...
  3. Add Printer Dialog Flashes and then Disappears -- Solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add Printer Dialog Flashes and then Disappears -- Solution: I usually use USB to print directly as my PC does not have wifi.Recently, I added a USB wifi device and tried to connect to our printer via wifi. I had the problem that many other users seem to have where the printer dialog box quickly displays and then disappears so I could...
  4. Add Printer Dialog Flashes and then Disappears -- Solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Snippet Tool Printer Dialog Opens then immediately closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snippet Tool Printer Dialog Opens then immediately closes: Printing dialog shows up on every other mode of initiating a print. But when you have just done a snippet and you click the 3 dots in the top right, hit print or just hitting control p.The print dialog shows up for 1 second then immediately closes and doesn’t start printing....
  6. Snippet Tool Printer Dialog Opens then immediately closes

Snippet Tool Printer Dialog Opens then immediately closes: Printing dialog shows up on every other mode of initiating a print. But when you have just done a snippet and you click the 3 dots in the top right, hit print or just hitting control p.The print dialog shows up for 1 second then immediately closes and doesn’t start printing....
  7. Add printer dialog disappears or simply does not show up

Add printer dialog disappears or simply does not show up: Hi there,I tried installing my network printer through the Devices and Printers section of Control Panel. Whenever I click on the, "Add printer" button, the dialog window appears and disappears immediately. After a few failed attempts to get that to work, I tried going...
  8. "Add a device" or "Add a Printer" dialog does not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Add a device" or "Add a Printer" dialog does not open: I have recently bought a bluetooth adapter for use with my pc and I have not been able to add a device. If i go through windows settings, "Add Bluetooth or other device" -> "Bluetooth", the dialog just closes. I tried adding through Devices and Printers in Control Panel and...
  9. "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes: I have been trying to add a wireless printer to my laptop both HP, and although the HP Smart app detects the printer, I can't add it in Settings. I can go in Settings and select Devices, but whenever I click to add a new device be it printer, bluetooth, etc. the Settings app...
  10. "Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog: Hi, I am running Windows 10, and, when I go to the "Devices and Printers" window, I have no "Add a Device" or "Add a Printer" dialog appearing when I click the related buttons in the top-right. I only see a brief flash of a blank opening window, and then nothing. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 add device dialog crash

2. windows 10 add printer dialog box crashes instantly

3. windows add a printer or scanner crashes

4. add printer through settings crashes,
  5. window add printer or scanner crashes,
  6. windows 10 add device window crashes immediately